McTag

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2005 01:35 pm
correctamundo!

vespa vulgaris

don't get stung
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2005 02:08 pm
Thanks for all your posts Clary. I dont know what to say except that I've just spent a very enjoyable 45 minutes reading from post #1.

You keep going girl. Plenty of gas left in your tank!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2005 03:02 pm
love that photo!!
0 Replies

devriesj

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2005 07:18 pm
Yeah, Clary, the pic is adorable! And like Steve said, your travels are definitely worth reading about! BTW, how is Totnes?
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2005 01:48 am
Clary wrote:
[URL=http://img279.imageshack.us/my.php?image=clarytortoise6ok.jpg][img]http://img279.imageshack.us/img279/558/clarytortoise6ok.th.jpg[/URL][/IMG]

Here is a very unseemly photo of me on the island of Bozcaada; Tam and I went round it on a Vespa, hence the helmet. There were several tortoises galloping along the roads....

Clary, you look so fit, happy & healthy!
This life agrees with you!
Plan the next trip immediately! Very Happy
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2005 02:01 am
msolga wrote:

Plan the next trip immediately! Very Happy

You mean, another big one after the Indian voyage? And what's about the roof? :wink:
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2005 02:15 am
Mere practicalities, Walter! Look how happy Clare looks in that photograph! Very Happy
0 Replies

Clary

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2005 04:33 am
Hey thanks for the encouragement!! Sometimes I feel I'm too olld for this caper!

I'll create a new thread for India whither I'm going with McTag in November - undoubtedly he'll want one of his own!

Will try a few more photos when I'm not (as now) making wild duck and peach salad with asparagus....
0 Replies

Clary

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2005 04:35 am
Roof has been done, btw, I should be arranging new office but it's easier to sit down and do this Smile
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 7 Oct, 2005 06:49 am
Well, there you go! The roof is fixed & another trip is in the pipeline! Perfect, Clary! What more could a girl want? Very Happy
0 Replies

Clary

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2005 10:41 am
http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/4106/nearundergroundcity6er.th.jpg

Too right, Olga!

This is me with my eldest, Rustom, who grew a Turkic 'tash for the occasion (mercifully gone now) eating freshly cooked pancakes with cheese inside - delicious!)
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2005 05:07 pm
I love friends' photographs from hot travel destinations, Clary! Very Happy The outside ones where they're just relaxing, or recovering from climbing that mountain or from the hair-raising rickety taxi ride from A to B. Familiar people always look so different! It's most likely that all the stress has disappeared from their faces, they're a bit sweaty, very unwound & with not much else to contend with other than where to for dinner tonight & what time do we get up tomorrow morning to catch the bus? Exactly like you & Rustom look in that photograph. Very Happy Ah, travel!
0 Replies

devriesj

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2005 07:06 pm
Great pic, Clary! You look like you really enjoyed yourself. I love it when you take us with you on your travels!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2005 07:09 pm
Me too, me too.
0 Replies

Clary

Reply Sun 9 Oct, 2005 01:37 pm
You have seen me at my fattest and sweatiest - if I ever have the pleasure of meeting you in the flesh I trust I won't be worse than that! We had just been down in the underground city for an hour's climbing about virtually in the dark.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 10 Oct, 2005 02:12 am
Well, Clary, if that's your worst, then at your best you must be a real knock out! Very Happy :wink:
0 Replies

devriesj

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2005 12:31 pm
Well said, Olga!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 12 Oct, 2005 12:46 am
& I meant it, devriesj! Very Happy
0 Replies

devriesj

Reply Wed 12 Oct, 2005 09:45 am
I know, Olga. Clary really is great, and first on my list of a2kers I'd like to meet, and I mean that too! Very Happy
0 Replies