Hillary vs Jeb in 2008

Reply Fri 27 May, 2005 09:14 pm
Who would you like to see run for president in 2008? I'd like to see Hillary Clinton run, because we're due for another Clinton in the White House.

I'd like to see Jeb Bush run on the Republican ticket because he would be easy to win against.

I don't want to see McKane run because he troubles me. He's too popular but his politics are really Republican as usual. I think he could trick people into voting for him without much effort.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 609 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Baldimo

Reply Fri 27 May, 2005 09:40 pm
McCain isn't conservative enough to win. He would only have a part of the primary vote. He wouldn't make it to the final show. I still like Condi in '08.
0 Replies

rayban1

Reply Fri 27 May, 2005 11:25 pm
Dream on ......... Jeb is a wimp and would be a pushover. McCain is a turncoat.......he showed that by saying some nice things about Kerry when it hurt Bush and helped Kerry enormously. His turncoat tendencies were solidly confirmed during the recent revolt in the Senate......Karl Rove holds a grudge and has a long memory. Voinovich is also toast in the next election

Hillary just got a present by the quick acquittal of her campaign aid.........If that had been a Bush aid the trial would have dragged on for years with a new revelation on the front page of the NY Times every day.c

The "Condi" star is on the ascent because George gave her the role she was born for but a lot of hot spots can explode between now and 2008. There are too many "IFs" to say that she will oppose Hillary in 2008 but if they do meet, which means Rice has weathered all the possible calamities with grace, expertise and charm.......Hillary is in real trouble with all her credibility problems and all the baggage of Slick Willie on her coat tails......whew, she has a mountain to climb.

Actually though when I think about it, Hillary has shown she is tough enough and mean enough to be President and since she is so much more intelligent and practical than Kerry it doesn't terrify me to think of her as President. She probably wouldn't have let bin Laden escape as Slick Willie did in the Sudan and she probably would have invaded Iraq just as Bush has done.

It worries me though when I think about the military under Hillary......she and Slick Willie have so much contempt for the military it is scary......2008 will be interesting.
0 Replies

roverroad

Reply Sat 28 May, 2005 03:52 am
I actually believe that if a third term was allowed that Bill would have won over George. Clinton was a much stronger campaigner than Gore and gore barely defeated Bush on the popular vote. With Clinton it would have been a landslide.

People will vote for Hillary because it'll seem like an extension of the first Clinton administration.

As for Condi, Even if she were good for the job, it will never happen because this country isn't ready to accept a black person as president. I think they can handle a white woman as president.

This isn't my point of view! I would vote for a black woman if she represented my party. But those good ole boys in the south aren't ready for it.
0 Replies