Your nude bodies will be seen at airport (Fair or not?)

Reply Fri 27 May, 2005 06:31 pm
Has homeland security gone to far or not for this one??

New x-ray machines are being installed across the country as we speak, soon they will get to see you naked, check out these pics of the new technology:

Picture of the machine
http://i.i.com.com/cnwk.1d/i/ne/p/2005/524rapiscan500x467.jpg

Picture from another angle
http://i.i.com.com/cnwk.1d//i/ne/p/2005/031405qinetiq_350x459.jpg

Source
http://news.com.com/Airport+screeners+could+see+X-rated+X-rays/2100-7348_3-5718163.html?tag=nefd.top
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 4,218 • Replies: 60
No top replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 27 May, 2005 06:43 pm
the second pic shows the shoes instead of whats under them.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 27 May, 2005 06:46 pm
Given a choice between a quick picture and a quick pat down, I'd opt for the picture.

I have steel rods through both femurs and I'm very weary of being patted down by strangers.
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Fri 27 May, 2005 06:46 pm
Better wear leather underwear next time you fly.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 27 May, 2005 06:56 pm
Leather or lead?
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Fri 27 May, 2005 06:58 pm
Noddy24 wrote:
Leather or lead?

Farmerman noted the shoes block the view in the photo on the second link
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 27 May, 2005 07:21 pm
I pity the fool . . .

Were i not constrained by society, i wouldn't wear clothing anyway, so its no big deal to me.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Fri 27 May, 2005 07:43 pm
I wonder if it was the leather or a lousy rendering. The first pic, look at the guys right hand. It is turned thumb out. But in the "rendering" it is inside as when the hand is relaxed at ones side.

Hmmm. Guess they couldn't find anyone willing to bare themselves for the pictures. But, we are all supposed to be okay with it?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 27 May, 2005 10:04 pm
yep, I'd rather this than the pat down any day.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Sat 28 May, 2005 08:01 am
At airports, I always insist upon a full body-cavity search. It's my right as an American taxpayer.
0 Replies

CarbonSystem

Reply Sat 28 May, 2005 08:15 am
That may be a small price we have to pay so that Americans can go on planes knowing that they were patted down or X-rayed to ensure that they guy next to them isn't going to blow up the plane.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 28 May, 2005 08:19 am
We so often have this obsession with carefully locking the barn door after the livestock are gone. I fully cooperate with, and appreciate the TSA boys and girls. At the same time, i have no illusions about the likelihood of something such as September 11th happening again. They rammed Cole, but they haven't tried that trick since. I doubt that they'll repeat the kind of attack they launched in New York and Washington. A hallmark of al Qaeda, who after all learned the lessons the CIA taught them so well, is not to use the same modus operendi twice.

But otherwise, i have no problem with it. If the TSA officer is cute, i'll be in line right behind Joe.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Sat 28 May, 2005 08:22 am
farmerman wrote:
the second pic shows the shoes instead of whats under them.

The second picture seems to be a fake. The arm angle doesn't look the same, and it implies that it was taken in a parking lot (not likely).

This reminds me of those cartoons they show you which depict how three razor blades "pull" the hair out while the last one cuts it...

But technology and misleading graphics aside, ultimately, I would prefer a good visual scan to a pat-down. Not only is the scan more likely to find stuff, but it'll keep the line moving along more quickly.

The best way to do this would be to have a long corridor like in "Total Recall" where people walked along and everyone just saw the image of their skeleton with any guns or knives. And to prevent having to hire security guards, you could put the scanners near each waiting area for the plane, so that each load of passengers could see for themselves who was getting on their plane, and with what.
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Sat 28 May, 2005 09:00 am
as with all things, it is abuse of a 'tool' that renders it subversive; when the first 'pics of chicks' from the airport Xrayted sources show up on the internet; it will become a problem requiring legislation!

[nothing is in itself evil, it is how it is used]
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 28 May, 2005 09:02 am
I'm proud of my manly throbber. Let 'em xray me. The sound of the gasp of the technician will make my day.
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Sat 28 May, 2005 09:17 am
BVT; what if they pick up the 'support hose'?

[can you spell em'bare'assed?]
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 28 May, 2005 09:19 am
blueveinedthrobber wrote:
I'm proud of my manly throbber. Let 'em xray me. The sound of the gasp of the technician will make my day.

I rather think the gasp, followed by ill-suppressed tittering, and then outright guffaws, would embarrass you. But i'm proud of you BLT, its good that you accept who you are, with all your limitations and inadequacies.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 28 May, 2005 09:39 am
They won't install these x-ray machines anyway. Wouldn't
it eliminate a strip search completely?

As I said, they won't do it! The airport security personnel
practically lives for a good strip search Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Sat 28 May, 2005 09:39 am
I wonder how many social misfits would love to get their hands on this technology. Also, the concept of hidden camera takes on a new, perverted meaning. Imagine in a few years, when this technology is made consumer available. We'll all be wearing lead underwear. Now, if that is not a setback I don't know what is. Chastitybelts?
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 28 May, 2005 09:41 am
Why so shy Cyracruz? Let them see you!
0 Replies