Republican Changes To Government Profound and Lasting

squinney

Reply Fri 27 May, 2005 05:25 pm
Brandon9000 wrote:
Oh, quite right! If he was not asserting that it applies to present day America, then I absolutely withdraw my argument.

Brandon made a joke earlier on another thread showing he has a sense of humor I had never seen and now he's making a retraction!

Kudo's, Brandon. There's hope. Very Happy
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Fri 27 May, 2005 05:27 pm
squinney wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:
Oh, quite right! If he was not asserting that it applies to present day America, then I absolutely withdraw my argument.

Brandon made a joke earlier on another thread showing he has a sense of humor I had never seen and now he's making a retraction!

Kudo's, Brandon. There's hope. Very Happy

Oh, God, Squinney. I was not making a retraction. I was saying, "checkmate."
0 Replies

parados

Reply Fri 27 May, 2005 05:28 pm
Brandon,
A list was posted with no comment.

You are free to jump to whatever conclusions you want to but it is pretty silly to carry on as you did when no comment was made to apply the list to present America. Since some items on the list don't apply it could as well be an attempt to show how present America doesn't fit into a definition of "fascism."

Ah well, I add it to the rather lengthy list I have compiled of you attacking other posters for not living up to the debate techniques that you violate so often.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Fri 27 May, 2005 05:32 pm
parados wrote:
Brandon,
A list was posted with no comment.

You are free to jump to whatever conclusions you want to but it is pretty silly to carry on as you did when no comment was made to apply the list to present America. Since some items on the list don't apply it could as well be an attempt to show how present America doesn't fit into a definition of "fascism."

Yes, but he likely meant something by it. Since the poster has a history of posting in opposing the current administration, it would be reasonable to assume that this followed that tradition. If he did not intend it as a comment on present day America, then I simply have no dog in the race, and do withdraw everything I said.

parados wrote:
Ah well, I add it to the rather lengthy list I have compiled of you attacking other posters for not living up to the debate techniques that you violate so often.

Since you have already compiled the list, I am sure you'd be willing to share it here, just to verify that you're not favoring us with a lot of hot air.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Fri 27 May, 2005 05:43 pm
I should have only used your words earlier to point out the error you made Brandon

Quote:
Putting words in someone else's mouth so that you can then find them to be unworthy words is a very low form of debate.

But in response to your next post let me use....

Quote:
Glad to see you've learned nothing and are getting ready to lose again
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Fri 27 May, 2005 05:44 pm
Brandon
I posted the list without comment leaving it to the reader to decide how much of it can be equated to the present direction of the government.
I could have given the link that it was lifted from which had backup to each of the 14 points and how he equated it to the present regime. Didn't since it was a little over the top.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Fri 27 May, 2005 05:48 pm
parados wrote:
I should have only used your words earlier to point out the error you made Brandon

Quote:
Putting words in someone else's mouth so that you can then find them to be unworthy words is a very low form of debate.

<Yawn>.....I sincerely believed he meant it to apply to the Bush administration. Since he has a history of anti-administration posts, this is plausible. This is different from what I had referred to in that quotation - deliberately misrepresenting someone. As long as there is no assertion that present day America is either fascistic, or becoming fascistic, I have no problem with anything he said.

parados wrote:
But in response to your next post let me use....
Brandon9000 wrote:
Glad to see you've learned nothing and are getting ready to lose again

Time will tell.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sat 28 May, 2005 07:01 am
As for the judge nominees, here's an interesting read regarding the tilt in balance and what is really going on with the demand for votes:

http://online.wsj.com/public/article_print/0,,SB111680261355140204-wJX2BT_Z86lJubAnoxUeNS9cfZ4_20060522,00.html
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Sat 28 May, 2005 08:26 am
au1929 wrote:
Laurence Britt identifies 14 characteristics common to fascist regimes. His comparisons of Hitler, Mussolini, Franco, Suharto, and Pinochet yielded this list of 14 "identifying characteristics of fascism."

Oy! Does every thread on Bush have to include this idiotic list of 14 characteristics of fascism?
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Sat 28 May, 2005 10:51 am
It's too bad that it does, for it gives rabble-rousers like Brandon a great opportunity to hijack the thread.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Sat 28 May, 2005 11:08 am
Cycloptichorn wrote:
It's too bad that it does, for it gives rabble-rousers like Brandon a great opportunity to hijack the thread.

Cycloptichorn

HA! That's funny.
0 Replies

sumac

Reply Mon 30 May, 2005 07:47 pm
Where are the investigative journalists when you need them? Being silenced by too timid editors or owners?
0 Replies

sumac

Reply Mon 30 May, 2005 07:49 pm
There are many days when I wish that I could jump ship. But the SSA doesn't allow you to direct deposit checks outside the US, from what I hear.
0 Replies