JerryR

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2003 01:10 pm
Hiya slappy,

Ya know,..the food wasn't all that bad, and the drinks were good! Laughing
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2003 01:16 pm
Oh yeah, the food was pretty good too.

But nothing beats Chinatown for Chinese food.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2003 06:24 pm
I was talking about the Border Cafe - BAD!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2003 06:28 pm
But I bet Casa Mexico is worse. My brother -in-law used to live above the place. It stunk and there were lots of roaches.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2003 07:23 pm
No. Border Cafe-GOOD.

I like Border Cafe, and I've been getting kind of picky when it comes to restaurants. Good magaritas. But I'm a big fan of Mexican anyway.

However, I worked at the one in Saugus about 5 years ago...the kitchen was gross.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2003 07:25 pm
That's the impression I get - not clean.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2003 07:29 pm
If I really described the kitchen, I'm sure I could throw some people off from going there. For some reason, I didn't really care though...weird.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2003 07:31 pm
I just buy Amy's frozen fajita's and mic them.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2003 07:33 pm
Nice. At least that way you know the cockroaches haven't been climbing all over them. Not while in your possession, at least.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2003 07:42 pm
mmmm
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Tue 18 Mar, 2003 05:29 am
I came down with a case of fajitas once. Hadda see a dermatologist.

Border Cafe ain't nearly what it used to be ten-fifteen years ago. For that matter, niether is Casa Mexico. For hole-in-the-wall Harvard Square dining I do recomend The Skewers, which is every bit as good as it was twenty years ago.

But...
Bad restaurants.
Ruby Tuesdays at the Outlet Mall in Wrentham is one of the memorably bad dining experiences. Food was just edible enough that we ate it (we were REAL hungy) but we paid the price half an hour later.
99 in Westford. Used to be The Old Oaken Bucket, where Mrs. SP and I had our first date (the second time around), so we went there to check it out. Took over an hour to get served... we waited for this?
Hospital food in the Tatabanya hospital (Hungary) was flavorless. That doesn't count does it?
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Tue 18 Mar, 2003 09:04 am
Ruby Tuesdays are pretty bad, but they have those huge-ass blue magaritas with swedish fish in them. I heard Border used to be much better than it is now.
0 Replies

Sugar

Reply Tue 18 Mar, 2003 09:46 am
I was at Border a couple of weeks ago. Even though I still like it, I'm taking points away as they no longer serve Margaritas in pitchers. Jerks.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Tue 18 Mar, 2003 10:11 am
They do have the best chips/salsa.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 18 Mar, 2003 03:02 pm
nooooo, best chips and salsa? Really? Maybe I should give it another shot. I've never tried Ruby Tuesdays. And, since I don't eat meat, I haven't tried the skewer place either. There's a new mex restaurant in Harvard Square.... name's something simple like Tacos... I'll look it up.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Tue 18 Mar, 2003 03:10 pm
I love Boder's chips+salsa, they make the salsa there and fry the chips(real healthy). But they're damn good.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 18 Mar, 2003 03:13 pm
very greasy chips. I do recall liking the salsa ok.
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Tue 18 Mar, 2003 07:21 pm
Geez, 'k! Get yer butt over to The Skewers now! Felafel, Hummos, Tabouli...

(Although there's a better Mid-Eastern place in Watertown: Sepal! They serve meat, but only because they have to for the business. Owners are veggie.)

And to that end...

If Vegetarians eat Vegatables... what do Humanitarians eat?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 18 Mar, 2003 10:11 pm
Omigod - I've actually been to Sepal. How odd. I liked it. I went before they decided they had to serve meat for the customers.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 18 Mar, 2003 11:25 pm
I have eaten food that made me sick for a week in Guadalajara, and I have had execreble Mexican food in northern California, and I have ...oh! I can tell about this:

I have had dinner (served, you know, at 4:30, with my ex in-laws at ...the renown San Gorgonio Inn, a too too tudor place in a city to the east of Los Angeles.

It was one of those places that are jolly and serve canned peas. The difference about this one was the very large bowl of margerine swiggling, um, swiggleing, shimmying, mid table, for use on the awful bread.
The thing about these places that plaques my heart...well, it did then too, but now that I am aging it really annoys me...
is the U Stab Em We Slab Em element. Absolute bottom dollar to pull in the most dupes.

It is all so disquieting. Since, one of the rare occasions but treasured times of our pasts, or our families' pasts, were great meals with good and plentiful food with all gathered around.

So a place like the S. Gorgonio Inn is this mocking thing.

Ahem. I may seem a bit aggressive about this, but I despise this clarion call to seniors to gather round. Ughughughughugh.
0 Replies