• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 521 • Replies: 8
No top replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 26 May, 2005 09:29 pm
Awright!!!!

Is the tide turning or are we getting crumbs to lull us into a false sense of security...?

(I gotta go find Voinovich and hug 'im.)
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Thu 26 May, 2005 09:39 pm
So whom are we going to get? Someone who is going to bend over and take it from the UN? I don't want some weak-kneed UN fan boy in there; I want someone who is going to throw a bullshit flag when the time is needed. Bolton will have a pocket full of flags and that is what scares you.

I still think he will be selected. It is just a matter of time.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 26 May, 2005 09:44 pm
Maybe the Senate has decided we simply don't need an ambassador to the UN. I lean that way myself, sometimes. Other times, I think a permanent seat on the security council is a good thing to have. Other times, I'm just undecided.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Thu 26 May, 2005 09:49 pm
roger wrote:
Maybe the Senate has decided we simply don't need an ambassador to the UN. I lean that way myself, sometimes. Other times, I think a permanent seat on the security council is a good thing to have. Other times, I'm just undecided.

Agreed.
0 Replies

roverroad

Reply Thu 26 May, 2005 10:55 pm
Good deal. I doubt the UN would have been willing to work with this yahoo anyway. He would have just been a seat warmer.

Anyway, who are we to say the UN needs reform. The rest of the world seems to think that we are the ones that need reforming, and they are rite!

This sends a good message to the world that Americans aren't just a bunch of right wing simpletons. The people who really care about this country are taking it back. I can't wait till 2006 when we are going to throw these corrupt federal liars and fascists out on their asses.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 27 May, 2005 01:11 am
Baldimo wrote:
So whom are we going to get? Someone who is going to bend over and take it from the UN? I don't want some weak-kneed UN fan boy in there; I want someone who is going to throw a bullshit flag when the time is needed. Bolton will have a pocket full of flags and that is what scares you.

I am really getting sick of this false dichotomy stuff.

The choice is not between appointing an arsehole vs "Someone who is going to bend over and take it from the UN" to use your disgusting metaphor.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 27 May, 2005 06:49 am
Baldimo wrote:

you seem to think that a tough no nonsense person who will look out for america is synonymous with a posturing, bullying, ass clown with no tact or diplomacy. Grow up and widen your view for God's sake. You already elected that ideal dick weed you value so highly as President.

"Speak softly and carry a big stick"

Teddy Roosevelt, arguably the most popular republican president in history.
0 Replies

revel

Reply Fri 27 May, 2005 01:24 pm
I think it is a lull but I hope like crazy I am proven wrong.
0 Replies