Arab TV turns Howdy Doody into sick children's show

Reply Thu 26 May, 2005 07:39 am
HEY KIDS, IT'S SAUDI DOODY TIME!
OUTRAGE: Arab TV turns Howdy Doody into sick children's show

By JENNIE MELNICK

SICK new kids show slated for Arab TV twists America's beloved children's puppet program Howdy Doody into a terrorist training series for Middle Eastern youth, reveals a source.

Called Saudi Doody, the program produced by the Al Jazeera network will teach Arab kids to admire suicide bombing and killing -- especially killing Americans, according to Rev. Lucas Spruce, who says he's seen the pilot episode.

And in one of the most sickening perversions of the classic '50s TV show, the Peanut Gallery -- where children attending the Howdy Doody show were seated -- is now called the Shooting Gallery and is filled with kids dressed to look like Americans, who, as the show's host is fond of saying, "are fit to kill."

"It's outrageous -- completely disgusting," fumes Rev. Spruce, head of the Friends for Nuking Iraq, a West Virginia-based prowar group.

"Howdy Doody was full of peace and love and educational stuff. One character, Indian Princess Summerfallwinterspring, was named for the four seasons so kids could learn them just by knowing her name.

"But Saudi Doody teaches hate and killing, especially the killing of Americans."

Instead of warm and friendly Buffalo Bob Smith, Saudi Doody's host is Camel Bob Salaam -- a terrorist wearing a black hood and toting an AK-47.

Horn-honking clown Clarabell is now Clara Boom -- a goat with a ticking time bomb strapped to its back and a clanging warning bell around its neck.

Even the puppet Saudi Doody is armed with a pair of pearl handled, silver-plated .45-caliber automatic handguns similar to those ex-Iraqi strongman Saddam Hussein liked to waste friends and relatives with.

Arab children who want to join the live audience are only allowed in if they dress like American children. They are then herded to the Shooting Gallery where, at any moment, Camel Bob or Saudi Doody might whip out a gun and pretend to blow one of them away.

"Basically, this show is just a nursery school for terrorists," says the Rev. Spruce. "In one skit, they have an arts-and-crafts lesson in which kids are taught how to make garrotes at home.

"With this kind of programming on Arab TV, I don't know how anyone can call my organization -- the Friends for Nuking Iraq -- a hate group.

"By eliminating the monsters who make TV shows like this in a mushroom cloud of retribution, we will be making the world safe for all children."

A spokesman for Al Jazeera declined comment on the new Saudi Doody show other than to say Rev. Spruce "ought to lighten up."

"This isn't 60 Minutes -- this is a kiddie show," says the spokesman. "It's all in good fun."

source
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,867 • Replies: 24
No top replies

ebrown p

Reply Thu 26 May, 2005 07:51 am
That is very funny McG.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 26 May, 2005 08:01 am
What a hoot McG, you think PBS will pick it up to run in their afternoon kiddy show slot? anyway from your same source we find "HOW TO TELL IF YOUR PROSTITUTE IS AN EXTRATERRESTRIAL"
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Thu 26 May, 2005 08:11 am
The bigger question, of course, is -

Why is the King of Venus pimping out chicks on Earth?
0 Replies

rayban1

Reply Thu 26 May, 2005 08:11 am
ebrown_p wrote:
That is very funny McG.

Oh...Yeah......That is REEAALLYY FUNNY........DID YOU LAUGH WHEN THEY SAWED OFF MIKE BERG'S HEAD......WHEN THEY CUT HIS WINDPIPE THE SCREAMING STOPPED.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Thu 26 May, 2005 08:15 am
Ah yes, the Weekly World News. A source with only slightly more credibility than the anonymous Iraqis who told the Bush administration that Saddam Hussein had weapons of mass destruction.

http://www.worldoflongmire.com/dailycomment/batboy.jpg
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Thu 26 May, 2005 08:16 am
rayban1 wrote:
ebrown_p wrote:
That is very funny McG.

Oh...Yeah......That is REEAALLYY FUNNY........DID YOU LAUGH WHEN THEY SAWED OFF MIKE BERG'S HEAD......WHEN THEY CUT HIS WINDPIPE THE SCREAMING STOPPED.

And the winner of the "I believe everything I read on the intrawebs" award goes to...
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 26 May, 2005 08:19 am
Well I have to say that the credibility index has risen for McG and may hit positive numbers in the near future. Ok, I said "may"
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Thu 26 May, 2005 08:35 am
rayban1 wrote:
ebrown_p wrote:
That is very funny McG.

Poor poor Mike Berg.
I musta missed the beaheading of 'ol Mike.

Apparently you didn't pay much attention to the fact that it was NICK Berg who was beheaded.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 26 May, 2005 08:45 am
Ok, children, enough with the bickering. Can we please get back to the evil Saudi Doody topic?
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 26 May, 2005 08:47 am
So you think PBS will pick it up? Liberals have kids too you know.
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Thu 26 May, 2005 08:51 am
McGentrix wrote:
Ok, children, enough with the bickering. Can we please get back to the evil Saudi Doody topic?

Sure.
Anyone else cover this story, or just the WWN?
0 Replies

not2know

Reply Thu 26 May, 2005 08:54 am
candidone1 wrote:
rayban1 wrote:
ebrown_p wrote:
That is very funny McG.

Poor poor Mike Berg.

Apparently you didn't pay much attention to the fact that it was NICK Berg who was beheaded.

US man made hoax execution video
0 Replies

not2know

Reply Thu 26 May, 2005 09:03 am
McGentrix wrote:

http://www.hallucinaut.com/foilhats/bobhouy.jpg
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Thu 26 May, 2005 09:06 am
Is that the King of Venus?
0 Replies

rayban1

Reply Thu 26 May, 2005 09:20 am
candidone1 wrote:
rayban1 wrote:
ebrown_p wrote:
That is very funny McG.

Poor poor Mike Berg.

Candide1

Now.....1, 2, 3, refocus from name to ....... cutting action (never mind the blood) hear noise of screaming, suddenly screaming stops and turns to gurgle. My point is these guys are from the 7th century and you don't make jokes about their tactics, methods or objective.......to kill all non-believers. That does not make me paranoid.......just a realist.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 26 May, 2005 09:30 am
Not2Know... Self-portrait?

I'd like to take this time to apologize for trying to post a humorous article from Weekly World News. It was supposed to be a light hearted article full of fun and laughter.

I thank those of you who understood that.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 26 May, 2005 09:39 am
so you still think PBS will pick it up?
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Thu 26 May, 2005 10:05 am
rayban1 wrote:
candidone1 wrote:
rayban1 wrote:
ebrown_p wrote:
That is very funny McG.

Poor poor Mike Berg.

Candide1

Now.....1, 2, 3, refocus from name to ....... cutting action (never mind the blood) hear noise of screaming, suddenly screaming stops and turns to gurgle. My point is these guys are from the 7th century and you don't make jokes about their tactics, methods or objective.......to kill all non-believers. That does not make me paranoid.......just a realist.

My point was that if you want to make a point, make it with the right information.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Thu 26 May, 2005 10:20 am
I just opened my newspaper and found an article on "the death of the joke".

The article says that people no longer have the attention span or backbone and that they're too easily offended to "get" jokes anymore.
0 Replies