Keep that coffee coming

Kara

Reply Tue 12 Nov, 2002 05:00 pm
I have found that the best way to consume caffeine and create its best possible effect is to combine Kahlua, vodka, and milk.

Another super combo is Irish Coffee. The Irish whiskey, muddled with a drap of sugar, then mixed with coffee and topped with cream, is the perfect soporific, after you have consumed one or two.

YeeeeeHah
!
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Tue 12 Nov, 2002 05:17 pm
One of the ramifications, for better or for worse, of mixing drugs is that the presence of each prolongs the effect of the other. The liver can only flush one toxin at a time out of the body. So, when you drink an irish coffee (or dump 40 ounces of Jolt into a stomach with eight shots of Cuervo), the liver works for a while on processing one, then stops that and works on the other, and essentially goes back and forth until both are gone.

Life is a wondrous thing.
0 Replies

Kara

Reply Tue 12 Nov, 2002 05:28 pm
PD, who wrote your quote? I love it...
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 12 Nov, 2002 05:29 pm
since micturation means pissing, and the rest is incomprehensible to me, i'd like a translation . . .
0 Replies

Kara

Reply Tue 12 Nov, 2002 05:31 pm
Setanta, Im a thinkin that he wrote it, Hisself, and godlovehim for it.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Tue 12 Nov, 2002 05:48 pm
...naw, i guess i should go in there and give credit in the tag, or find another quote. it's vogon poetry -- the second worst in the universe -- in "hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy."

now lemme go and fix that...
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 12 Nov, 2002 05:50 pm
(I recognized it!!! And Swimpy also has a Hitchhiker's guide quote, so there's precedent...)
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Tue 12 Nov, 2002 06:38 pm
Coffee in... coffee out.

C o f f e e co f f e e co f f ee cof fee coffee coffee coffeecoffeecoffeecoffeecoffeecoffeecoffeecoffeecoffeecoffeecoffeecoffeecoffeecoffeecoffeecoffeecoffee

whee!
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2002 11:37 am
oh coffee, tis a great and fabulous love and I believe it is now what runs through my veins, and that I would die without it. Im so frightenend of the headaches I could have that I think I'll never give it up.
Goes with just about everything, and like adding little nips to it in all sorts of varieties.
I am one of those people who if I cant get to sleep, I get up and have a small glass o joe...puts me right out ya know.
0 Replies

Kara

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2002 02:09 pm
HaHaHaHa Quinn,

It is good to know that I'm not the only caffeine freak here. Yeppers, a healthy and strong cuppa joe is the best thing for sleeplessness, in fact it is the only thing. Wine will keep you awake, booze will hold your eyelids open, but Joe will have you nodding off in no time
. Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

Debacle

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2002 02:37 pm
And, as Horace put it, it keeps you amazingly regular. <Horace Rumpole, i.e.) In fact, I'm just now imbibing a 24-oz. cuppa day-old java from the filling station down the road. True, it's about like 90-wt motor oil, but I get it for nothin'. I flatly refuse to pay $4.95 at Starbucks -- they put far too much emphasis on the second syllable, IMHO. :wink:
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2002 04:39 pm
Did a couple of weeks of data entry at Starbucks corporate headquarters in Seattle once. Free coffee (and tea) for everybody, in any form. There's an enormous breakroom with industrial espresso machines and the like. Not coincidentally, the place has the busiest bathrooms of any building I've ever worked in, and not just the urinals, either.

The yoga class at lunch was very popular, oddly enough.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2002 06:37 pm
Kara...caffeine cheerleaders unite! Smile

Debacle..couldnt agree with you more although I have been known to have a craving for the exquisite cafe cup o joe on occassion. Free coffee...thats just amazing but, Im sure it tastes like it Wink

Patiodog...Im thinking perhaps the yoga balances the caffeine but, thats just a guess!
0 Replies

bandylu2

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2002 09:12 pm
My hubby knows where virtually every 7-11 store on Long Island is located and which has the best coffee. I used to feel guilty that he had to go out instead for his coffee but that was when I was young and foolish. Now I just sleep.

Personally, I love the smell of coffee brewing but don't like to drink it (don't like any hot liquids). That's why I get all my caffeine from Diet Pepsi (or Diet Coke, depending on which is on sale). It means I have to drink a couple of cans to make up for one cup of coffee, but I manage!
0 Replies