A Win Win Situation

Reply Tue 24 May, 2005 08:27 pm
If this passes, valuable stem cell research can proceed.

If bush vetos and it is not overridden, it will be disastrous for this bastid and his party of bastids.

Hooray!!!!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7964239/
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 655 • Replies: 17
No top replies

Baldimo

Reply Tue 24 May, 2005 08:30 pm
Fund the research but not with the cells of possible babies.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 24 May, 2005 08:32 pm
given the choice between POSSIBLE babies and DEFINITE living people. Hmmmm.. door number two please.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Tue 24 May, 2005 08:45 pm
You on the left just don't like unborn people do you? Kill the eggs or kill the babies before they are born. You are the king of compassion.

Edited for spelling.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 24 May, 2005 08:51 pm
You on the right want to save them so you can get them killed on the front line when they grow up don't you?

Does that make you king of hypocrisy and a failure at consistency? Just asking.

And again I wonder, with recruitment in the toilet and being so short handed over in Iraq, why haven't you been sent over yet? You've been saying you're going any minute for months......it must be very frustrating for you...all those developed fetus' you could be killling. Laughing
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Tue 24 May, 2005 09:09 pm
blueveinedthrobber wrote:
You on the right want to save them so you can get them killed on the front line when they grow up don't you?

Does that make you king of hypocrisy and a failure at consistency? Just asking.

And again I wonder, with recruitment in the toilet and being so short handed over in Iraq, why haven't you been sent over yet? You've been saying you're going any minute for months......it must be very frustrating for you...all those developed fetus' you could be killling. Laughing

I seem to remember you make jokes for a living. How many meals do you miss a week.

I had already informed you that I wasn't going to Iraq because my unit was looking for paper pushers and I don't push papers. I work on Chinooks. I will be going to Afghanistan in either Jan or Feb when my whole battalion gets sent.

I don't see the military being short handed in Iraq. We have a smaller presence there then we did a year ago and they seem to be handling the mission quite fine.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 24 May, 2005 09:12 pm
who was joking?
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Tue 24 May, 2005 09:18 pm
blueveinedthrobber wrote:
who was joking?

That's the kicker isn't it. Cool
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Wed 25 May, 2005 06:21 am
"An alternative offered by Republican leaders that would fund research using stem cells derived from adults and umbilical cords rather than from embryos, passed 430-1, with Rep. Ron Paul, R-Texas, the lone opponent. But the focus was on the embryo bill."

The same results can be obtained by the alternative above.

I support GW in this regard.

Those who disagree will blame GW for not allowing this research to go forward which is a lie.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 25 May, 2005 07:50 am
Quote:
I don't see the military being short handed in Iraq. We have a smaller presence there then we did a year ago and they seem to be handling the mission quite fine.

*snort*

I'm not sure what you mean by 'handling the mission just fine.' I AM sure the troops there are doing the best they can but they are outnumbered 200 to 1, so what can they do?

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

rayban1

Reply Wed 25 May, 2005 08:28 am
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Quote:

*snort*

I'm not sure what you mean by 'handling the mission just fine.' I AM sure the troops there are doing the best they can but they are outnumbered 200 to 1, so what can they do?

Cycloptichorn

Suspicions confirmed, you are tuned in to the picture painted by journalists hired from universities where military recruiters are banned. These naive idealists have been indoctinated by liberal professors who look upon a career in the military as bizarre and who view any use of military power in the protection of National interests, evil. This indoctrination also bans any reference or look at the journalists code of ethics which clearly states the awesome responsibility of the journalist to report only the facts and to not paint a false picture of reality based upon their own prejudices and biases.

Try opening your culture contorted mind just a crack.......who knows, you might see light where there is now the darkness created by the false perceptions of one raised and educated in one of the universities which I loath as being destructive to our society.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 25 May, 2005 09:05 am
wtf are you talking about.

If you truly believe that universities are destructive to our society, then you are a fool.

You don't know the first thing about me Rayban, why do you presume to? I come from a long-standing military family and know more about losing people in battle than you ever will, I guarantee. So don't preach to me about what I know and don't know.

Typical idiocy from the Right

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 25 May, 2005 09:30 am
Cycloptichorn wrote:
wtf are you talking about.

If you truly believe that universities are destructive to our society, then you are a fool.

You don't know the first thing about me Rayban, why do you presume to? I come from a long-standing military family and know more about losing people in battle than you ever will, I guarantee. So don't preach to me about what I know and don't know.

Typical idiocy from the Right

Cycloptichorn

Ah, the righteous acceptance of other points of view often demonstrated from the left...
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 25 May, 2005 09:42 am
You are right, I don't accept that point of view.

All points of view are not equally valid in every situation, and in this one, the author of the point of view doesn't know what he is talking about, re: me, in particular.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

rayban1

Reply Wed 25 May, 2005 10:05 am
Rayban1 wrote:

.who knows, you might see light where there is now the darkness created by the false perceptions of one raised and educated in one of the universities which I loath as being destructive to our society.

That was poorly worded.......let me clarify. I loath the universities who fight to suck up taxpayer money but ban military recruiters on the pretext that the military stance on gays does not conform to "high university standards of tolerance". Horse puckey.....would you care to speculate on the real reason?

You're quite correct also in your statement that I really know nothing about you but it comes from the perception given by rising so quickly to the bait with such immature responses as ......wtf are you talking about? Also, your use of Cycloptichorn as your handle and the "Big Eye" as your avatar fill in the picture of one with enormous ego but very little substance.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 25 May, 2005 10:14 am
Do you know anything about me at all when you make these psychological judgements of my character, Rayban? Or are you just spouting off foolishness? Let's see.

I bet you didn't know that I have been blind in one eye since birth. 'Cyclops' has always been my nickname, even when I was a kid. When I was admitted to the University of Texas at Austin, where the mascot is the Longhorn, they didn't have Cyclops available as an Email address, so I picked Cycloptichorn. Mystery solved.

The avatar is a famous drawing by M.C. Escher; my one-eyed status has always lead me to picking avatars consisting of eyes. If you look closely at the center of the pupil you will see a skull reflected within. Special props and a shout out to JPinMiliwauke for the great avatar!

---

You could have asked me these questions and found out the answer, but, as in the previous post, you have chosen to judge me, again, when you don't know what the hell you are talking about.

Did you attend a University? Do you know anything about the process of higher education today? The 'real reason' that they won't allow Military Recruiters on campus is that many faculty and students oppose the lies and deceptions they use to recruit people. You cannot even argue that they don't use lies and deceptions as this has clearly been shown to be true from the myriad stories which have arisen in the news in the last few weeks; the armed forces even halted recruiting for a whole day so that individual recruiters could 'review' the rules, because they were breaking them on a regular basis under pressure to meet quotas (which we are missing, badly).

I wrote 'wtf are you talking about' because, as you said, your post was badly worded. Don't blame your lack of ability to compose prose on me. And don't bring sh*t my way unless you can do much, much better than this.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

rayban1

Reply Wed 25 May, 2005 12:14 pm
Cy

I should not have gotten personal and I hope you will overlook it.....it is not only against the rules here but shows bad manners on my part.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 25 May, 2005 12:39 pm
No offense taken, good sir

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies