"The rule of the people"

Ceili

Reply Sat 28 May, 2005 11:14 pm
Clinton did not start the war in Bosnia but Bush did in Iraq. ...and the corelation is?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 28 May, 2005 11:15 pm
Nicely put, RR, couldn't be clearer than that . . .
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Sat 28 May, 2005 11:41 pm
roverroad wrote:

...So I have reason to hate Bush because his lies cost many lives and don't look out for the best interest of my country.

And the lie is? Bush is continuously accused of being a liar on the basis of things that are not lies, e.g. being wrong.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 29 May, 2005 12:23 am
Is it hard to breathe with your head in the sand?
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Sun 29 May, 2005 01:05 am
Setanta wrote:

If you had an answer, one assumes that you would have given it.
0 Replies

roverroad

Reply Sun 29 May, 2005 01:13 am
Brandon9000 wrote:
roverroad wrote:

...So I have reason to hate Bush because his lies cost many lives and don't look out for the best interest of my country.

And the lie is? Bush is continuously accused of being a liar on the basis of things that are not lies, e.g. being wrong.

He took a gamble and said there are weapons of mass destruction hoping that he would find them and be proven rite. There were none so he lied! He wasn't wrong, he lied! But this can be debated forever. He will never have to own up to his lie with a majority Republican congress.

This is stupid that I'm even taking the time to argue this with you. Your brain is already programmed by the Bush propaganda that his administration pays to have run on TV news disguised as real news stories.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Sun 29 May, 2005 01:20 am
roverroad wrote:
Brandon9000 wrote:
roverroad wrote:

He took a gamble and said there are weapons of mass destruction hoping that he would find them and be proven rite. There were none so he lied! He wasn't wrong, he lied! But this can be debated forever. He will never have to own up to his lie with a majority Republican congress.

He looked at the history and the intelligence, and believed what many, many did, including Bill Clinton, that Hussein still retained his former WMD, and WMD development programs. Hussein had, after all, not proven that they were destroyed, which should have been trivially easy. This is not what the word lie means. This is a belief that ulimatedly turns out to be incorrect.

Furthermore, when did Hussein destroy these weapons? Was it many years ago, or a week before invasion? Do you know? Are you absolutely positive they are destroyed and not moved? Do you have evidence? In fact, while there are theories, no one quite knows how Hussein made the transition from having WMD to not having them.

roverroad wrote:
This is stupid that I'm even taking the time to argue this with you. Your brain is already programmed by the Bush propaganda that his administration pays to have run on TV news disguised as real news stories.

Of course, like most of the liberals here, you wish to articulate your views and not have them challenged, while the rest of us are debating.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 29 May, 2005 02:15 am
Brandon9000 wrote:
Setanta wrote:

If you had an answer, one assumes that you would have given it.

Ah Brandon, you do me too much honor--i would never presume to answer for you, it's not my place.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 29 May, 2005 02:16 am
Ceili wrote:
Clinton did not start the war in Bosnia but Bush did in Iraq. ...and the corelation is?

It's a Ceili sighting . . . hoorah ! ! !

Details, details . . . don't confuse the conservatives, Boss, they have a hard enough time as it is.
0 Replies

roverroad

Reply Sun 29 May, 2005 02:23 am
Brannon9000,

Inspectors told him for months that there were no weapons. Bush chose to ignore the people who were actually there. Plus, we can see every square inch of Iraqi terrain by satellite. If there were weapons being moved it would have been seen. If bush had seen footage of the weapons from satellite than he wouldn'ta have to later admit that there were no weapons. They would have found them and he would have been proven rite. But they never saw the weapons, they made the whole thing up!

The most important thing a president can ever do is take a country to war. And even if he honestly believed there were weapons he turned out to be "Wrong". It was a careless grave mistake that cost hundreds of thousands of lives. He needs to face the music for that.

The truth is that he wasn't sure that there were weapons. But he sold the war to the American people insisting that there were weapons. THAT'S A LIE!!!

He should have said there may be weaponsÂ… But if he hadn't have come across as being so sure, he wouldn't have gotten his war. This war was his whole reason for running for president after all. That's why he has no other agenda. Social Security was an idea that he came up with later so that he would look busy, otherwise he would have pushed for it in his first term. People that know him have come out and said that Bush had plans to invade Iraq even before 9/11.

There's another flaw of this president. He had the plans for invasion, but he never had an exit strategy. His top priority was to get Saddam and worry about the consequences later. Well now he has to pay the piper.

And what ever happened to the whole thing about Iraqi oil being used to pay for the war?

I wont be able to continue debating this until Thursday because I wont be near a computer. So you can't accuse me of dropping the debate until then.
0 Replies