CONVERSATIONS EXCLUDING THE WORD "I"

ossobuco

Reply Wed 26 Mar, 2003 11:42 pm
Bidding good night as well, and, CI, meaning to check in for the indian dishes and more...
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Thu 27 Mar, 2003 06:47 pm
Osso, go to the Europe forum to find the London thread. It almost has me convinced to get over there next year.
Plus, I want to see Ul in Vienna, then go on to Germany to see Walter and his wife and....I wonder how long I can afford to stay?
Tuscany just because it's Tuscany; Ginny has relatives in Poland, so that's part of the itinerary if she goes with me. So much to see, so little time.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Thu 27 Mar, 2003 06:49 pm
JLN, I, I, I think I've lost my way.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 27 Mar, 2003 08:12 pm
I would love to do that too, Diane, although I need to see more of the EmiliaRomagna region and the Marches, oops - into the third person.

It would be a pleasure to meet a2kers in Europe. There couldn't be enough time, there is so much to see, so many places to be...in.

Tartarin, the curtain opens, is that Cricket in the avatar? My thinking was that it was a Gold Hill doggy.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Thu 27 Mar, 2003 08:18 pm
Hmmm, a certain woman of a certain age could easily be talked into spending much more time in Italy. Oh yes indeed!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 27 Mar, 2003 08:52 pm
Certain women of certain age will have to talk more about this, girl.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 27 Mar, 2003 08:55 pm
The London meeting, and the discussion under Europe has been seen but forgotten for a day by one of those aged women. And so to it!
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2003 09:31 am
Good grief. When yawl get through, perhaps this bit of philosophy can be considered:

It's not who one is, but what one does that becomes a reason for being. Having seen "The Silence of the Lambs," where the perp used "it" to refer to the girl in the pit, the philosophical community needs to restore Latin as a universal language. Any language that can decline a noun should not have declined.

Now what, exactly, are yawl discussing here Shocked

Who's Babs, anyway? Very Happy
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2003 10:53 am
Letty, this is a tripartite conversation, or something like that. On review, it started out as a discussion of a proposed discussion with participants not using the word 'I'. In time, the virtue of doing such a thing came into question. Yet even with this question the exercise was deemed to have value. Midnight started a story for us to follow; the story involved going through a spring garden. This story did not get far, as multiple posts veered from the garden path, including mine when I entered the discussion as a new participant.

Two of us created similar avatars, which have meaning to us personally. A participant brought up a recent a2k get-together in London, and this charged the atmosphere with a new turn of interest. The London meeting triggered thoughts of another European meeting one day in the future.

During all this we have tried but did not well succeed in leaving our egos out of sentences, much less whole paragraphs. Fun was had by all. I think.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2003 11:08 am
Thanks, Osso. Perhaps it would be a good idea to number the serial posts. Speaking of avatars, I do have a good idea for a thread. Need to think about it. (only said "I" one time. Smile )
0 Replies

babsatamelia

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2003 11:11 am
Letty! Have you forgotten me altogether??? Laughing
Granted that we may not cross paths frequently
here on A2K, no doubt due to different interests -
but I remember being involved in some of the
same discussions together, both on A2K and back
in the days of Abuzz. Anyway, Babs is the nickname
otherwise known as "babsatamelia" both here
and back in the days of Abuzz.
0 Replies

babsatamelia

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2003 11:31 am
To return to Midnight's beginnings of the story:
(totally without the words I or me)
The sun shone and it did not rain a drop. How spring is so
unpredictable! Tomorrow perhaps the weedy little flowers will
begin to bloom. . . . Already in the south, each azalea is in its
fullest bloom and many gardeners do prefer the darkest pink
variety, for such a deep riotous color with gorgeous stamens -
such tiny and thin little protrusions, every single one ending
with the tiniest silver ball. The azalea in bloom is beautiful
when caught with the camera's lense , whether it be groups of
bushes, or one single bloom, showing the absolute perfection
that can be found only in nature. In the Great Smoky Mtn Nat'l
park right about now, there are a profusion of the yearly spring
wildflowers, which later give way to all the blooms of summer,
and yet again, give way to those which only show their beauty
in the fall. Such a sight it is to see!
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2003 12:09 pm
Babs, no way have I forgotten you. I well remember our exchanges on Abuzz. Forgotten the thread, but I remember my response was the round,"Row, row, row your boat gently down the stream; Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily; Life is but a dream.

I'd even know you if you had mumps. Very Happy I was just being forgetful on purpose. Be careful, though. The eyes of Texas are upon you. I know that to be true cause I live in Florida...same thing. Laughing
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2003 01:00 pm
nature
Babs, wonderful prose. My God we have a lot of talented writers here. Your reference to "the absolute perfection found only in nature" is a complex statement. One that would or should include EVEN the imperfections we perceive when nature's way conflicts with our interests or ideals. Theologically one may say of nature Thy will be done, as opposed to mine. From this perspective, Nature's faults are part of Her absolute Perfection.
See you guys when I return on April 5th. Be well and say Good things.
0 Replies

Charli

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2003 09:20 pm
A CONTINUATION ...
In the Great Smoky Mtn Nat'l park right about now, there are a profusion of the yearly spring wildflowers, which later give way to all the blooms of summer, and yet again, give way to those which only show their beauty in the fall. Such a sight it is to see![/color]

A CONTINUATION . . .

Helen and Bob were here last week. They'd never visited the Great Smoky Nat'l Park before. Said they took a guzillion pictures. They promised to put some of the best on their web site for everyone to see. Hopefully, that will be before the snow flies. :-) You know Bob . . . not exactly "slow," but . . . Well, the pix will be "perfect." AND, free copies all around! Helen will send emails when the pix are up. Can you come over for tea next Thursday? Harry's bringing his famous fudge cake! Delicious!!!
[/color]
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2003 09:21 pm
Satchel Paige, I remember him. Cool guy.
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2003 09:33 pm
The i in itinere is ingenious initiated.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2003 09:38 pm
Oh Charli, tea next Thursday would be perfect and Harry's fudge cake will bring out even those who tend to hibernate year round. Looking forward to emails and pictures of the mountains.

Babs gave such a brilliant description that it has been proposed that some of us go on a camping trip next week. What do you suggest for us to wear? Will it still be quite cool at night?

there are banks of azaelas all around Ponte Vedra Beach now, their blooms bringing all the exuberance and joy of spring. The vibrant color and the dense clusters seem to glow from afar, drawing the eye and reminding us all that nature's beauty is infinite in even the smallest things.

Charli, both Satchel Paige and Yogi Berra are two of the best philosophers of the 20th century.
Yogi: You can observe a lot just by watchin'.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2003 09:40 pm
JLN, have a good time wherever you are going; we'll miss you.
0 Replies

Charli

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2003 10:35 pm
REALEST OF THE REAL
Diane - Yogi and Satchel are (were) the realest of the real ... the real deal. New Satchel "wisdom" now up and running. More to come from time to time.

Babs - Jeans and tee's? And bring a woolly? HOW IS the weather? What's the date of this trekking? More discussion "over tea"?

Where's JNL going? He can't do that! . . . can he? :-)
[/color]
0 Replies