Stubborn baby.

Reply Mon 23 May, 2005 09:34 am
My friend is ready to pop.Her baby was due a couple of weeks ago.
Do you know of any ways to get things going?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 714 • Replies: 9
No top replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 23 May, 2005 09:37 am
Well, there are all kinds of methods of medical induction -- pitocin and such. If she was due a couple of weeks ago, that's probably been discussed with her doc? I had an induction scheduled for 2 weeks after my due date, went into labor on my own just before that.

Lots of walking and (not too strenuous) activity helps.

Someone told me to drive over the railroad tracks a lot. :-)
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 23 May, 2005 09:38 am
Btw that's what I called sozlet too (stubborn), and she's remained that way since.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Mon 23 May, 2005 09:41 am
I had this problem with both of my children. The second time around, my midwife suggested evening primrose (you can find it in the vitamin section). I started taking this before my due date with the anticipation of going overdue and the goal of avoiding a hospitalized induction. My second child was a mere 10 days late (as opposed to almost 17 days with the first) so I have to say that I think it helped.

But yeah, walking and other activity, as well as relaxation exercises help a lot.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 23 May, 2005 09:47 am
What does her doctor say? Remember due dates are estimates by mere mortals, not official facts.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Mon 23 May, 2005 09:56 am
If she's really two weeks past due, I predict she'll go into labour tonight. I've worked in three different hospitals and I can tell you that more babies are born at a full moon than any other time. The full moon is tonight. Lots and lots of babies will be born over the next 48 hours!
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Mon 23 May, 2005 10:42 pm
Good point, J_B! I had forgotten about that!

Don't hurry it! Let the poor woman enjoy her last few hours/days of rest. The real work starts when the baby comes. I was 2 weeks late with my son and was in no hurry for labor to start. As Noddy said, due dates are just doctors' guesswork, based on averages. Nobody's ever been pregnant forever. The baby will come when it's ready. Relax.
0 Replies

princesspupule

Reply Tue 24 May, 2005 02:33 am
Tell her to try the ole prostaglandin trick (I forget if sperm is made from it or swim in it.) If her partner has not had a vasectomy, he ought to be able to figure out how to inject her without too much pressure. :wink:
0 Replies

moondoggy

Reply Tue 24 May, 2005 02:38 am
yep - go the oxytocin
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Tue 24 May, 2005 07:52 am
Oxytocin is brutal.
0 Replies