Red Cars

Reply Sat 21 May, 2005 02:10 pm
I love red cars. Just love to see them, especially when they're clean and all shiny and bright.

Of course, all of us kittycats love shiny objects. But -- I've never had the guts to actually own a red car. I envy people who do, though.

I've always heard that red cars are more likely to get stolen, or get pulled over by the cops for speeding -- also more likely to get into accidents.

Could it be that they are just more eye-catching, so the cops can't help noticing them too? But why are they involved in more accidents? I'd think the more noticeable a car is, the less likely they'd get slammed into?......

Just a "stray" thought....
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,071 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sat 21 May, 2005 02:35 pm
I don't think there's any truth they are more likely to be in accidents. I do know that color doesn't effect insurance like some people think.

I had a red car. Drove it like it was stolen. Never got pulled over.
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Sat 21 May, 2005 11:22 pm
Really? Because I know this guy who told me that yellow cars actually have the lowest "accident rate." He said when he purchased his vehicle, which is yellow, he was able to get a lower insurance rate.

Seems to me that yellow, which is also a bright color, would attract the same kind of problems as a red car. ????

But I have to admit, I've never heard of any insurance company actually bothering to ask what color my vehicle is. (Mine is a very light brown).

But I'm glad to hear what you had to say about your red car. Hmmm....maybe next time....some day.....I'll get me one of them red babies!
0 Replies