the religion you disagree with most - no comments please

brahmin

Reply Sat 21 May, 2005 04:24 am
just cast your vote - you are requested not to even attempt to point out why you chose what you chose.

i didnt want to do a "religion you agree with most" cos then the result is obvious - all people will go for their own.

i listed the religions in alphabetical order.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 4,798 • Replies: 83
No top replies

brahmin

Reply Sat 21 May, 2005 04:29 am
oh damn !!!

a couple of options goit deleted.

mods please help me by adding 2 more options -

zorastrianism - small in following, but VERY important.

others - please state which, but not why.

if thats not possible, then please change "christianity - catholic" and "other christian denominations" into just one option called " christianity".

even if the "others" option cant be fitted in, the zorastrianism option has to be there - its simply too important - its the first religion which has a founder / delivered religion.

please help.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 21 May, 2005 04:36 am
I believe the Mods cannot help you - the poll option will only take so many options, and you have reached the limit.

I believe you may, yourself, edit the options - just click "edit" on your first post.

You may find that there are not sufficient numbers of moderation staff to go around fixing posts for you, by the way!!!
0 Replies

brahmin

Reply Sat 21 May, 2005 04:41 am
oh ok let me try editing...
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sat 21 May, 2005 04:42 am
Just hit the edit button on your opening post and edit the list to the maximum number.

oh and take out the turban comment.

Joe(I'm ready to vote)Nation
0 Replies

brahmin

Reply Sat 21 May, 2005 04:47 am
ok done... i didnt realise that sikhism was so familiar with everyone .

anyways just vote away - pls dont comment.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 21 May, 2005 04:48 am
You left out another, very big category................"all of the above". :wink:
0 Replies

brahmin

Reply Sat 21 May, 2005 04:50 am
yes that and the "others" option -

sorry they dont allow more than 10 optins.
0 Replies

brahmin

Reply Sat 21 May, 2005 10:57 am
only 3 votes ???

come on !!!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 21 May, 2005 11:01 am
It's a bit hard to get a2kers to obey and not comment.
I, for example, would have put three religions into one category and voted for that one (perhaps). As it is I don't disagree with any of those more than the others. But I won't mention it...
0 Replies

brahmin

Reply Sat 21 May, 2005 11:05 am
they can comment - only they are requested to comment on the faults of the religion they disagree with most.

its ok to say +ve things- even about the religion which isnt in your good books.

but i realise that in a thread with a handle like this, that could be a little off-topic lol.

but still, they can always vote away !!!
0 Replies

goodfielder

Reply Sat 21 May, 2005 08:58 pm
Try not to demand - we're all volunteers here (especially the moderators). Anyway I voted.
0 Replies

extra medium

Reply Sat 21 May, 2005 09:22 pm
Well those ones that involve animal sacrifice, human sacrifice & torture and self-mutilation: those seem to suck pretty bad.

Also: "Disagree with most is tough.

I mean I disagree with those religions that torture animals. And I also disagree with the ones that kill animals purely for sacrificial purposes. But it is hard to say which one I disagree with most.

I can't really decide, but since you put a special plug in for Zorastrianim, which seems unfair since you didn't do this for the other religions, and skews the survey, I'll go ahead and disagree with that one most--for now.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 21 May, 2005 09:44 pm
How could anybody disagree with Buddhism most?

I'd really like to hear that explanation.

I won't respond to it. Really curious.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Sat 21 May, 2005 09:52 pm
Christianity is too global. The differences within Christianity are monumental, e.g., southern baptist fundamentalism and Greek Orthodox.
0 Replies

extra medium

Reply Sat 21 May, 2005 10:27 pm
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 21 May, 2005 10:45 pm
I think most people without their own religious bias prefer religions that are tolerant of other religions, and not harmful to other people or animals.

The Buddhists, the Hindu, ... These are sweet, peaceful religions. I've heard of Jainism--but forget the particulars. What about animists? I know they see everthing as having a soul--but I don't know more than that...
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 21 May, 2005 10:47 pm
I don't remember what I voted - oops, yes, I did. I was the one that complained about three dispersed choices.

Eh, apply my vote wherever it works for you.
0 Replies

Proteinn

Reply Sun 22 May, 2005 03:22 am
I disagree with all, but I disagree with islam, christianity and judaism more than the others.
0 Replies

Sanctuary

Reply Sun 22 May, 2005 07:26 am
The religion I must say that I disagree with most is Satanism.

This is based on my previous education on the 'religion':

-Followers don't actually believe in Satan(1)
-Do it to rebel against Christianity/God(2)
-Worship 'themselves' as free-thinking individuals(3)

My views:

(1)Why would anyone title their faith after something they claim does not exist? I would not practice 'FlatEarthism' or 'LochNessanity' being as I don't believe in a Flat Earth or Loch Ness. I don't understand why anyone would purposely associate themselves with a name that creates such negative stereotypes, regardless of their opinion on 'him'.
(2)How can you rebel against Christianity and God if you do not believe in Satan? Don't the three go hand-in-hand? I also don't, and never have, seen the rationality behind hating another religion.
(3)Why does anyone need to create a religion to celebrate one's freedom? Living life should be enough. And so for me, the fact that certain people take the ideal of self-worship, add the word 'Satan' to it, and claim that Satan doesn't exist, only adds up to immature cries for attention.

It is the mere hypocrisy of it all, nothing more. I do not feel any hatred or dislike towards any other religion soley based on who they worship, regardless of how much I may disagree with them. It is the hypocrisy that gets to me.
0 Replies