Koalas are pretty chilled

Reply Mon 17 Jun, 2019 05:43 am
Does "Koalas are pretty chilled" mean "Koalas are pretty cool/very relaxed?

Context:

Welcome to Port Macquarie Koala Hospital in New South Wales. This unique facility treats around 250 animals each year from across Australia. Some have been hit by cars or attacked by dogs, others have fallen prey to a variety of illnesses, but perhaps the most troubling group are those with serious burns. With wildfires on the increase in the country, burns have become a serious and growing concern for the staff here. Now, however, a new discovery has led to a surprising treatment regime that includes koala faeces, or “poo shakes” as they are affectionately known.

Koalas are pretty chilled and good to work with because they usually let you help them,” says Cheyne Flanagan, clinical director at the hospital. When she started working here 30 years ago, it was just a job, she tells me, but she has grown to love these marsupials. She has also become aware of their idiosyncrasies. “Koalas confound the textbooks. They just don’t react to treatment in …

Source: New Scientist
https://www.newscientist.com/article/mg24232340-500-koalas-burned-in-wildfires-can-be-now-saved-but-the-treatment-is-gross/
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 799 • Replies: 2
No top replies

View best answer, chosen by oristarA
InfraBlue
  Selected Answer

Reply Mon 17 Jun, 2019 03:44 pm
@oristarA,
Yes it does.
oristarA