The official armchair QB's filibuster thread.

fishin

Reply Mon 23 May, 2005 08:34 pm
So far it sounds to me like they just decided that they didn't want the showdown to happen tomorrow. Nothing really seems to have changed except that they actually have a up or down vote on the 2 nominees currently under consideration. It sounds like they'll vote on these and then they're right back where they were - which is pretty much what I mentioned the other day.

I was sorta hoping this "middle ground" group would get larger and take over the whole show but it seems more like they all had other things to do and didn't want to miss any appointments. :p Maybe we'll get some more details tomorrow as the press gets time to dig into things a bit.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Tue 24 May, 2005 05:48 am
To be honest, it didn't expect this deal to go through. Frist, for one, seems a more than a bit unhappy and even Reid seem unenthusiastic.

Is this gang of 12 (now 14) going to stick together and continue to have influence?

Owen is in. I want to read more about the two judges who will be filibustered.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Tue 24 May, 2005 06:41 am
If Owen was bad, imagine the other two... If you can.
0 Replies