Should I rent a car before I get to Italy? Why?

Lord Ellpus

Reply Fri 27 May, 2005 09:48 am
I just hope he finds lerve over there, and brings back a Signorita, or whatever they call the foreign fillies in Italy.
It will make him physically fit, and help clear his complexion.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Fri 27 May, 2005 10:03 am
pant, pant, i'm too late, aren't i....in any case, good luck kicky wherever you are!
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Fri 27 May, 2005 11:05 am
I imagine this trip will be even better than Kicky expects in some ways and probably worse in others. Trips tend to be like that, up and down. I think it is why we travel -- there is both the adventure of it all and testing yourself against the unknown.

Meanwhile, I'm trying to think of a good reason to say "Eeeeek" again to see if I get another gratifying reaction from Lord E. Wink
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Fri 27 May, 2005 11:40 am
Oooh look, a mouse !
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Fri 27 May, 2005 11:50 am
"Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek!"

LOL
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 27 May, 2005 11:56 am
Lord Ellpus wrote:
AND THERE HE WAS.......GONE !!

I hope he remembered the Talcum Powder tip.

I'm not gone yet!

I just had to come back to say goodbye to my buddy, Dag. Goodbye Dag! See you in three weeks at the Tom Petty concert!

And to all of you who were so helpful, I just want to say that I appreciate every little bit of advice, all the suggestions, and all the stories of your trips.

You're all amazing, and I want to make love to you all in a gelato filled gondola floating down the grand canal in Venice while we all sing "O Sole Mio" at the top of our lungs together!!!!

Ciao, tutti!

Okay, NOW I'm gone.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Fri 27 May, 2005 01:32 pm
I see that Kicky is as comfortable a traveler as Osso. When I met Osso on her stopover at our airport, she had real problems manuvering between termilnals in a very tight schedule. Nevertheless, she was able to give me the full attention I sought when I went to the airport to meet her. It was a great moment with a really neat gal.
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Fri 27 May, 2005 04:21 pm
Photos of Osso manouvering in a very tight schedule are available on slinkychick.com
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Fri 27 May, 2005 04:25 pm
Piffka wrote:
"Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek!"

LOL

(((((( ))))))
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 27 May, 2005 04:33 pm
Damn! I missed him - bon voyage!
0 Replies

margo

Reply Fri 27 May, 2005 05:17 pm
Late as usual to a thread - I, too, blanched at the Gatwick to Manchester bit - glad that's sorted out!

Kicky - have a fabuloso trip!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 27 May, 2005 06:40 pm
As a kicky going to italy addict I am perplexed as the kick-chick has left the ground. May all his trip complications resolve into stories, and...

but wait, which flavor gelato? (back with link, a list by a New York Times writer whose name I forget right now).

Meeting JL was important. Getting the flight to Abq was important. I was thinking right now that had I missed it we could have talked longer... but no. With the security rigamorole, there is no longer that clarity re whether someone made or missed a flight. (ok, we do have cell phones, but in practice, we let folks go when they walk into the Security Maw. Back in the good old days a pal always ran to catch a flight and always made it. Now that is like a movie in my mind.

Last time I got to watch someone's plane actually take off was when my niece was visiting me here and was underage, under some kind of Watch the Kid protection/review. So they let me in past the Security gate, with of course some short term review of my shoes. But I got to press my nose against the window, just like in old times.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 27 May, 2005 06:54 pm
Maureen Fant, that's the name, certainly a favorite travel writer of mine...

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=589794&highlight=gelato#589794
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 27 May, 2005 11:12 pm
kickycan wrote:
Oh jesus, my flight arrives at 12:25 PM! So what the hell am I supposed to do?

From the airport website this morning:

Quote:
Notice to the Passengers

Due to a strike of Enav staff from 12 to 16 all flights could be cancelled or delayed on 28th May 2005.
All the passengers are invited to call their airline for further information.

Hoping, everything will work fine!
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 27 May, 2005 11:39 pm
Seems that unions and the government agreed during the night to a new tarif.

However, at least a couple of flights (from Germany and other European airports) to Italy are still deleted for that period (12 -16).
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 28 May, 2005 09:13 am
Whew! Then I think they're in Venice now... yayyyy.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sat 28 May, 2005 03:05 pm
I've thought of that several times today and wished I was there with them.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 29 May, 2005 01:03 am
Let's assume that by now they really are there, and it is mid morning, around 9am there on Sunday.. Surely time for that second cappucino and that second dolce while walking around.

Or, did one party forget the camera? And where is the toiletta? Why are all these people here? What is this line?

(with any luck, they'll walk away from tourist areas....
or, maybe not..)

Why is that bird shitting on my hat?
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Sun 29 May, 2005 07:20 am
Is it true, as they said in the film version of Under the Tuscan Sun, that a bird doing its business on you is a sign of good fortune?

<stupid question>
0 Replies

ul

Reply Sun 29 May, 2005 10:05 am
I tried to spot Kicky in a gondola- or entering the vaporetto.
http://turismo.regione.veneto.it/webcam/webcam2.html

Nice and warm in Venice- 82F at 6 pm.

Piffka- All things coming from above-heaven- should be good. :wink:

Anyone read Too Much Tuscan Sun?
0 Replies