OMG! CONDI (and BUSH & Now SCOTT) Still Thinks IRAQ = 9/11

Reply Sun 15 May, 2005 12:16 pm
Quote:
Rice, making her first visit to Iraq as secretary of state, spoke to hundreds of U.S. troops and diplomats in Baghdad.

"I want you to keep focused on what you are doing here," Rice told the diplomats and troops who gathered in one of Saddam Hussein's former palaces. "This war came to us, not the other way around."

"The United States, along with the rest of the free world, believed somehow for a number of years that people in this region didn't care about freedom," she said. "We cared about stability. And what we got was neither. We got a malignancy that was growing that came to haunt us on the fine September day" in 2001

CNN SOURCE

WTF? Could someone PLEASE brief her? Maybe show her page 18 of the Washington Post where it was finally reported in the US that the intel was FIXED?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 20,753 • Replies: 524
No top replies

dora17

Reply Sun 15 May, 2005 01:15 pm
Condi For Prez In 2008!!!!!
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 15 May, 2005 01:23 pm
Dr. Rice still thinks the Soviet Union could be a problem.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 15 May, 2005 01:46 pm
I don't believe it. I can't believe she said such a thing. That is truly shocking.

If she is saying such stufff, I am surprised she didn't speak of the WMD they found.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 15 May, 2005 02:05 pm
dlowan wrote:
I don't believe it. I can't believe she said such a thing. That is truly shocking.

If she is saying such stufff, I am surprised she didn't speak of the WMD they found.

wait til election time draws nearer and remember this post.... Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 15 May, 2005 02:07 pm
that's nothing, I still think Iraq = 7/11. Well, both Iraq and Pakistan, ok and maybe India and Cambodia and Vietnam. Is Elvis still the 7/11 3rd shift manger in Fargo? Is Condi Chinese? If this is sunday are we still in Lippstadt? Walter, I told you I would buy you a frickin' map but would you listen?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 15 May, 2005 02:08 pm
I doubt they will dare re-invent those WMD!!!

Their own commissioned report acknowledged there were none!
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Sun 15 May, 2005 02:09 pm
It really is all turning into newspeak. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Sun 15 May, 2005 02:49 pm
Re: OMG! CONDI Still Thinks IRAQ = 9/11
squinney wrote:
WTF? Could someone PLEASE brief her? Maybe show her page 18 of the Washington Post where it was finally reported in the US that the intel was FIXED?

why waste your time??

"bin laden determined to strike in the united states".

it went right by her. along with the rest of the big brain trust.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sun 15 May, 2005 05:04 pm
I just wish I could have seen the looks on the faces of those hearing this.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 15 May, 2005 05:09 pm
I imagine they would all nod enthusiastically when you share your bombshell regarding Bush intentionally allowing 911.

The 911 Commission found evidence that OBL and Saddam's intermediaries had at least three meetings.

What was that about?
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Sun 15 May, 2005 05:24 pm
Interesting, Lash. I heard that the US government and Saddam had at least three meetings...

So maybe Saddam and the US gov were behind 9/11?
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 15 May, 2005 05:44 pm
I'm sure we'll all be clamoring for your foreign policy expertise now.

In the pages here, we have members who said there is no way Saddam and OBL would work together because of religious differences. When conservatives said a common enemy could bring them together--it was disbelieved.

The 911 Commission uncovered that it was true.

Now, you try to equate the significance of a meeting between OBL and Saddam with what? circa 1980 meetings?
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sun 15 May, 2005 05:46 pm
Lash-

"But I have seen nothing that makes a direct connection between Saddam Hussein and that awful regime, and what happened on 9/11." Colin Powell "Meet th Press" Sept. 2004

Quote:
The Iraq Connection
Al Qaeda-Hussein Link Is Dismissed

By Walter Pincus and Dana Milbank
Washington Post Staff Writers
Thursday, June 17, 2004; Page A01

"The Sept. 11 commission reported yesterday that it has found no "collaborative relationship" between Iraq and al Qaeda, challenging one of the Bush administration's main justifications for the war in Iraq. "

SOURCE WASHINGTON POST

Quote:

[Adam Boulton, Sky News (London):] One question for you both. Do you believe that there is a link between Saddam Hussein, a direct link, and the men who attacked on September the 11th?

THE PRESIDENT: I can't make that claim.

THE PRIME MINISTER: That answers your question.

Source press conference with UK Prime Minister Tony Blair, which took place in the White House on 31 January 2003.
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Sun 15 May, 2005 05:47 pm
Lash,

did you read the 9/11 Commission report?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 15 May, 2005 05:47 pm
pipe cleaner political debate...I love it.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 15 May, 2005 05:59 pm
I listened to it. Didn't you?

They said they did have proof that at least three meetings took place between OBL and Saddam's intermediaries.

Do you deny it?
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sun 15 May, 2005 06:00 pm
Lash - You might also read the following so you can be fully informed:

http://www.cbc.ca/stories/2002/11/01/bushiraq021101

http://www.govexec.com/dailyfed/0803/080803nj2.htm

And most recently we know the war was preplanned so the "connection" was just a selling point that I guess you bought.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2087-1593607,00.html
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Sun 15 May, 2005 06:04 pm
Re: OMG! CONDI Still Thinks IRAQ = 9/11
squinney wrote:
Quote:
Rice, making her first visit to Iraq as secretary of state, spoke to hundreds of U.S. troops and diplomats in Baghdad.

"I want you to keep focused on what you are doing here," Rice told the diplomats and troops who gathered in one of Saddam Hussein's former palaces. "This war came to us, not the other way around."

"The United States, along with the rest of the free world, believed somehow for a number of years that people in this region didn't care about freedom," she said. "We cared about stability. And what we got was neither. We got a malignancy that was growing that came to haunt us on the fine September day" in 2001

CNN SOURCE

I see the first paragraph in your link, but your second paragraph isn't there at all. What the article actually quotes her as saying is:

"The absence of freedom in the Middle East -- the freedom deficit -- is what produced the ideology of hatred that allowed them to fly airplanes into a building on a fine September day."

This does not to me seem to imply that she thinks Iraq was behind 9/11.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 15 May, 2005 06:04 pm
The connection was documented and accepted by the bipartisan 911 Commission.

If you buy crap such as the war was pre-planned, then you close your eyes to facts where ever they appear.

Meetings took place.

No matter how much you hate Bush, or buy alien melodrama. Meetings took place.
0 Replies