The End of History - U.S. Economy

tomovuk

Reply Sat 14 May, 2005 05:25 pm
I love politics and I am amazed by some new happenings in the world. Whole planet is shifting politically, ideologically and naturally.

The world is changing around us, but still it seems that this is really "End of the history" as Francis Fukuyama stated in 1989.

We all know that "western idea did triumphed" and that world is different place now; always searching for better democracy.

Is there the end to democracy? Or will democracy be this elastic age always improving to newer and people accepted democracy. Undeveloped and Developing countries finally stopped exploring and adopting long time dead philosophers of developed world. I am not saying that adopting ideas is bad, but that maybe it is good that changes are happening.

Where is going our history? I think our history is in hands of United States.

United States economy is dropping bellow its military strength and the greatest threat to our new emerging economic order would be for the United States to fail to recognize the limits of its economic power and to attempt to lever its military superiority to achieve broader economic or ideological ends.

Deanne Julius
"The United States currently produces just over 30 percent of total gross domestic product (GDP) when measured at market exchange rates, or 21 percent at purchasing power parity (PPP) rates.

This is down from 46 percent just after World War II, but up slightly over the past decade due to the strong dollar and stock market boom of the mid-1990s. Looking ahead, it is most likely that the US share of world GDP will continue to shrink due to faster growth in poorer countries."

But I think that is beautiful thing because progress of other countries is the aim of United States economy.

My question is. Do you really think that western liberal democracy is the end of history being our last form of rule on our planet?

It seems that with communism history ended. Do you believe that maybe United States will change that and declare new history with its powerful military and "struggle" with economy.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 598 • Replies: 0
No top replies