Today I looked in the mirror & saw ....

msolga

Reply Mon 3 Jul, 2006 05:05 am
Not half bad this morning. Very Happy
The first day back to work after the term holiday. (Not too crumpled yet!)
Feeling well organized & pretty good after a good break & a good scrub up this morning. And so much better to wake up to a not-too-freezing, not-too-dark morning! Left home with a smile on my face! (If only this could last!)
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Mon 3 Jul, 2006 05:06 am
I looked at a very SLEEPY man in the mirror today morning....
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 3 Jul, 2006 05:09 am
Why, G?
What were you up to on the weekend?
And don't say WORK or I'll smack you!
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Mon 3 Jul, 2006 05:14 am
I was dealing with my facial flaws in the magnified mirror yesterday(oh so many flaws)and I really noticed my liver spots(small dark patches of skin)I knew i had one which appeared when I was 25,but now another one has joined it!!
Im not freaking out too much but I dont really want them to take over my face.
Is there anything I can do to make them stay small or prevent them altogether?
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 3 Jul, 2006 05:24 am
I am completely the wrong person to be giving advice on these matters, mg. I know nothing! Hopefully someone who knows a damn sight more will arrive & be able to give you the advice you need. But ... um ... you're certain you're not magnifying minute flaws? Just a thought. A girl can be over critical, ya know!
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Mon 3 Jul, 2006 05:36 am
Sometimes I get really down by what I can see in my magnified mirror, I turn it round to the normla side and think 'ah, thats better'.
Magnified mirrors are bad.

They are definately there, but Id like to nip them in the bud.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 3 Jul, 2006 05:44 am
Yeah, do it!
Save yourself a lot of unnecessary woe! :wink:
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Mon 3 Jul, 2006 06:18 am
(Yaaaawn)

G' Mornin.

(passes mirror)

YIKES! What the heck is that staring back at me?

Ever notice how you can think you're looking okay only to get to work where the bathroom lights are fluorescent and suddenly you're make-up looks like ****?
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 3 Jul, 2006 06:23 am
Squinney, fluorescent lights are designed to make everyone look like ****, or hung-over, or like a drug addict, reckon!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 3 Jul, 2006 06:40 am
my hair escaped from its braid overnight

poofity doesn't begin to describe the result
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 3 Jul, 2006 08:20 am
I saw the same Bear I always see.... a bit older, hair a bit thinner, but the young Bear is still in the eyes... and still standing at attention below the waist..... all is well.

Actually last years illness really took a toll on my appearance which has always been youthful. I'm looking good for a bear my age, but there is no mistake that I'm in my last third of life now.... in the heart the mind and the groin I'm still 20 though......and that still shows in my face, you just have to turn your head to the side, close one eye, and squint with the other... then it's plain as day....
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Mon 3 Jul, 2006 08:25 am
squinney wrote:

Ever notice how you can think you're looking okay only to get to work where the bathroom lights are fluorescent and suddenly you're make-up looks like ****?

the other day it was hot so I didnt bother putting foundation on as I just thought ity would run and clog up my very open hot paws(pause/no idea how to spell that)
Anyhoo, i went into a ladies changing room with no natural light and looked in the mirror.

I saw sweat, multitonal skin, red cheeks, beard and moustache hair( I am a girl...no really..I am!!) that I didnt think had growm back that badly.

Needless ot say I went home and dealt with my hairy bits an have not gone out since without foundation.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 4 Jul, 2006 04:37 am
blueveinedthrobber wrote:
I saw the same Bear I always see.... a bit older, hair a bit thinner, but the young Bear is still in the eyes... and still standing at attention below the waist..... all is well.

Actually last years illness really took a toll on my appearance which has always been youthful. I'm looking good for a bear my age, but there is no mistake that I'm in my last third of life now.... in the heart the mind and the groin I'm still 20 though......and that still shows in my face, you just have to turn your head to the side, close one eye, and squint with the other... then it's plain as day....

Nice post, Bear. Very Happy
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Tue 4 Jul, 2006 05:51 am
I saw spots, Im not a happy bunny.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 4 Jul, 2006 05:53 am
It's that dratted magnifying mirror, mg!
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Tue 4 Jul, 2006 09:18 am
The mirror in our bathroom is one of those small, medicine cabinet built into the wall over the sink types. I only see shoulders up since they put it in a little high.

I don't look in the mirror much. That's on purpose.

But, the other day, in the bathroom at work where the mirror is HUGE... I really need to lose weight and .... color my hair? Is my hair really that gray? (leans in and looks again) What happened to the dark brunette? It looks so auburn all of a sudden. Am I really that gray? Shocked
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Tue 4 Jul, 2006 09:25 am
msolga wrote:
It's that dratted magnifying mirror, mg!

Nope, sadly it was a normal mirror and they still looked scary!!

Squinney, your beautiful, your beautifuhul, your beautifhhhuuulul its true.....
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Tue 4 Jul, 2006 03:41 pm
This thread is hilarious and makes everyone all the more lovable to me. Razz

Today I looked in the mirror, yawned, and started laughing.

Who is this silly woman?! She's goofy looking.

I seem to recall being a lot better looking: now the bags under my eyes don't ever disappear, my neck has some funky spreading going on, my face seems to be getting rounder?, and my nose is as bulbous as she ever was.

But I still like my eyes, and I something felt right about the dishevelled animal look I had going on. I'm losing weight again; bum of my bottoms hanging a tad too much.....

Ever notice how much prettier you seem after a round or so of lovemaking? Maybe that's just me..the trip to the bathroom afterwards, the quick smile to oneself 'eh! way to go tiger!'....so much more forgiveness then...much better than make-up!
0 Replies

sakhi

Reply Wed 5 Jul, 2006 12:39 am
flushd wrote:
Ever notice how much prettier you seem after a round or so of lovemaking?

LOL. I thought I was the only one who thought so ..Smile...
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Wed 5 Jul, 2006 01:16 am
flushd wrote:

Ever notice how much prettier you seem after a round or so of lovemaking? !

Time to time I notice that and always ask myself if it is the happiness you feel or some transitional hormonal modification of your body...
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/03/2024 at 12:18:28