Today I looked in the mirror & saw ....

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 09:58 am
msolga wrote:
So I'm wondering: Did anyone feel quite delighted by what they saw when they last looked? Do tell!

I looked in the mirror this morning and was astonished to see that I am growing younger by the minute. I am delighted to have purchased this Dorian Gray mirror at a garage sale about twenty years ago.

Meanwhile, up in my attic, a painting of a gnarled old man causes the rats to flee as the painting's countenance reaches an almost incomprehensible level of repulsiveness.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 11:43 am
Today I looked in the mirror and saw:

Crack after crack after crack. Several bedraggled Letty's looking back; looking back; looking back!

UhOh! and here it is Friday the 13th.

Why did you have to ask this question today of all days, msolga. Sad Razz
0 Replies

margo

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 01:27 pm
I look in the mirror after a shower and I look just fine. Good skin and behaving hair!

Of course, the mirror is fogged up after the shower, and I can't find my glasses, and, if I did, they'd be fogged too.

I don't press it any more than that, and make sure I don't go past that mirror again, when it's cleared, my brain has cleared, and I have my glasses. No sense in asking for depression!
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 01:40 pm
Nope. I don't put my glasses on in the morning until after I've done my makeup. No sense ruining the whole day.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 02:35 pm
Hmmm, saw my face.

Once again glad that both hamburger and mrs. hamburger have nice skin to inherit. I look less close to 50 than I should.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 07:56 pm
I see my eyes starting to get baggy and my chin starting to soften. But, I also see clear skin and good color. So, it's a mixed bag.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 08:14 pm
I am relatively pleased with what's in there. Then I look at recent photos and doubt that what I'm seeing in the mirror is accurate.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 14 May, 2005 01:49 am
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
msolga wrote:
So I'm wondering: Did anyone feel quite delighted by what they saw when they last looked? Do tell!

I looked in the mirror this morning and was astonished to see that I am growing younger by the minute. I am delighted to have purchased this Dorian Gray mirror at a garage sale about twenty years ago.

Meanwhile, up in my attic, a painting of a gnarled old man causes the rats to flee as the painting's countenance reaches an almost incomprehensible level of repulsiveness.

I might just purchase on of those fancy mirrors, Gus! For when I need a little pick me up! Very Happy Oh, & stay out of the attic! That is not the real you! It's just your "dark side". Cool
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 14 May, 2005 01:56 am
Letty wrote:
Today I looked in the mirror and saw:

Crack after crack after crack. Several bedraggled Letty's looking back; looking back; looking back!

UhOh! and here it is Friday the 13th.

Why did you have to ask this question today of all days, msolga. Sad Razz

Oh, so you had a similar mirror experience to mine, Letty? :wink: Anyway, I don't believe a word of what you say about the Letty visage! Impossible!
Interesting, now that you mention it .... Why DID I ask this question on Friday the !3th? Hmmmmmm .....
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 14 May, 2005 01:57 am
ehBeth wrote:
Hmmm, saw my face.

Once again glad that both hamburger and mrs. hamburger have nice skin to inherit. I look less close to 50 than I should.

Very Happy Good genes, great skin! Half your luck, ehBeth!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 14 May, 2005 02:00 am
littlek wrote:
I see my eyes starting to get baggy and my chin starting to soften. But, I also see clear skin and good color. So, it's a mixed bag.

Do you think this has something to do with your vegetarian diet, k? The clear skin & good colour, I mean! Very Happy
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 14 May, 2005 02:07 am
edgarblythe wrote:
I am relatively pleased with what's in there. Then I look at recent photos and doubt that what I'm seeing in the mirror is accurate.

Stick with the mirror & give the photographs the flick, edgar! :wink:
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 14 May, 2005 11:23 am
I was horrified looking in the mirror this morning. I woke
up with a terrible headache and felt like a truck
had run over me, after I chaperoned a horde of
little girls last night at a School dance. The kindergarteners
were worse than the older girls.

Never again!!

Today is a day where huge sunglasses and a baseball cap
will come in handy.
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Sat 14 May, 2005 12:12 pm
On a Saturday morning I am usually quite satisfied. Ok, some dark shadows under my eyes due to the cold I am still fighting with. But otherwise...

And that was even after I put in my contact lenses... Thanks to my freckles, I always look pretty healthy :-)
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 14 May, 2005 05:41 pm
I want some freckles then, urs! Laughing You DO look incredibly healthy! I saw Walter's thread & the photographs! Very Happy
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 14 May, 2005 05:46 pm
CalamityJane wrote:

Never again!!

will come in handy.

Brave girl, Jane! But incredibly GOOD of you, really, to do that!
Too bad about the after effects, though ... Bet they've vanished by the time you read this! Very Happy
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sat 14 May, 2005 08:38 pm
CalamityJane wrote:

Never again!!

will come in handy.

They're spiking the punch at kindergarten dances these days? Wow. They're growing up faster and faster..... :wink:
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 14 May, 2005 09:03 pm
I tell you: I volunteered to chaperone the little ones because I thought it would be an easy job. The punch was awfully sweet
and probably contributed to the kids getting even more
hyperactive. Girls are so much worse than boys Eva Wink

Yes MsOlga, I do feel better, but haven't looked in the
mirror yet. I try to limit it to mornings and evenings only Wink
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 14 May, 2005 09:06 pm
I've had baggy eyes at least since I was about ten or eleven.
Something to do with allergy or heredity perhaps. I'm fairly used to them, I'm not just a pretty face, y'know, or even a pretty face, but once in a while I actually notice them and think, gee, I don't need to carry around a purse, I could fit my keys there...

I handle this by letting my hair go flying about, as this works as a distraction for others, don't you think?

Hell, by now I'm glad to still be around and happy, and I can deal with my mirror image. Usually.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sat 14 May, 2005 09:31 pm
I know what you mean, CJ. I always wanted a daughter, but now I think I got lucky having a son. They ARE easier!

Somebody told me years ago that parents should always wish for a child of the opposite sex. Little girls go through phases where they're rude and bitchy to their mothers, but "Daddy" is always special to them. Boys become very competitive with their fathers, but their mothers are always special to them. At least, that's what I remember hearing. There is some truth to it, I think.

I looked in the mirror today (after shower, make-up & hair) and thought I looked pretty damned good for a 50 year old. Except for the double chin. Everybody on my mother's side of the family has it, It has bugged me since I was a teenager and it seems to be getting worse with age. I may do something about it yet.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/03/2024 at 12:27:35