Today I looked in the mirror & saw ....

msolga

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 06:39 am
... a weary person.
Not smiling at 6:30 am!
And looking very much her age.
(Did I see a fleeting reflection of my mother? Shocked )

Oh well ....

....And you?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 5,292 • Replies: 175
No top replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 06:45 am
I am sick - it doesn't count....

(I hope)

Actually, since I look like like my father - but am female - I don't get haunted by those similarities - I just don't look the same, although with similar features.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 06:47 am
But what did you see, wabbit? Very Happy
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 06:55 am
me.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 06:58 am
I've painted all my mirrors black.(it's an avoidance thing with me)
0 Replies

goodfielder

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 07:05 am
I keep seeing my father. It's weird but I'm told it's common.

I once saw someone who looked totally unlike me in the mirror. He was short and sort of Pictish looking. Again weird. That only happend once thankfully. Shocked
0 Replies

George

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 07:08 am
A guy with a VERY wide part in his hair.
0 Replies

George

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 07:09 am
Pictish?
0 Replies

Grand Duke

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 07:23 am
I saw the same weary face I see everyday, looking at least 10 years older than I actually am, and I don't like it very much. I only look in mirrors when I have to shave. It's too depressing otherwise.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 07:27 am
Very Happy

Ah, I'm glad I'm not alone! Curse that mirror! Evil or Very Mad

It's amusing that that I often see a younger version of myself - but a sort of very tired one! Laughing
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 07:31 am
.... So I'm wondering: Did anyone feel quite delighted by what they saw when they last looked? Do tell! Very Happy
0 Replies

Grand Duke

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 07:35 am
I was quite pleased the other day when I came home drunk from the pub and in a moment of introspection, spent 5 minutes staring instensely in the mirror. I decided that although my prematurely greying hair, palid skin and dark-rimmed eyes made me look 48, not my true 28, I was doing above average for my age in the wrinkles stakes.

Oh, that, and that an accident I had recently involving a door, my face, and alcohol, had left a pleasing scar on my chin - the sort of scar that enhances a man's visage, rather than detracts from it.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 07:41 am
So you thought it gave you an air of maturity & gravity beyond your years, then, GD?
What is your minimal wrinkle secret? We want to know! Laughing
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 07:49 am
Who's that guy? What his he doing at my home?
0 Replies

Grand Duke

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 07:49 am
I have no real trick, I'm afraid MsOlga. The one thing I do which I've heard is best for not getting wrinkly is that I hate going out in the sun. Living in Blighty is good in that sense. I hear you get a little more sun than us, down your way? Other than that, I look after my skin with the time-honoured techniques of smoking, drinking, having a terrible diet, not getting enough sleep, and washing my face with shampoo.
0 Replies

goodfielder

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 08:05 am
George wrote:
Pictish?

Short and dark. The term "Pictish" came to mind because it reminded me of how the Picts had been described to me as a child. One minute I was there and the next I was looking at this short little bloke with dark hair and dark pale (yes I know that sounds stupid) complexion. Here's me a quite rational and un-superstitious person and I saw that in the mirror. I have to say that it had been preceeded by some quite emotional events earlier so it could have been stress that did it but strangely I was quite amused by it. I have to say also that he didn't look too happy Shocked
0 Replies

goodfielder

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 08:07 am
msolga wrote:
.... So I'm wondering: Did anyone feel quite delighted by what they saw when they last looked? Do tell! Very Happy

msolga - if it gets any worse I am going to have to conjure up my little Pictish friend again Laughing
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 08:08 am
Francis wrote:
Who's that guy? What his he doing at my home?

Laughing

.. & then, did you banish him, Francis? Laughing
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 08:12 am
Grand Duke wrote:
I have no real trick, I'm afraid MsOlga. The one thing I do which I've heard is best for not getting wrinkly is that I hate going out in the sun. Living in Blighty is good in that sense. I hear you get a little more sun than us, down your way? Other than that, I look after my skin with the time-honoured techniques of smoking, drinking, having a terrible diet, not getting enough sleep, and washing my face with shampoo.

Sun. Yes, GD, lots of sun here. Few of us have that "English rose" complexion. But hey, we have a good time out there! Laughing

Washing your face with shampoo? Never thought of that! Razz
0 Replies

George

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 08:19 am
Started with dimples
which became wrinkles
which are now pleats.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Today I looked in the mirror & saw ....
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/02/2024 at 10:25:58