Today I looked in the mirror & saw ....

msolga

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 08:19 am
goodfielder wrote:
... One minute I was there and the next I was looking at this short little bloke with dark hair and dark pale (yes I know that sounds stupid) complexion.

Oh, I'm quite familiar with the simultaneous dark & pale, goodfielder! You sort of have a sun tan, but things are rather, er ... not contented underneath it! Yes? Razz
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 08:22 am
George wrote:
Started with dimples
which became wrinkles
which are now pleats.

Followed by WHAT, George? Laughing
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 08:30 am
I looked in my mirror this morning as usual, and saw a perfect vision of loveliness.

I am blessed with poor eyesight. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 08:32 am
Nah, I'm certain you saw the real you, Eva! Very Happy
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 08:33 am
msolga wrote:
Francis wrote:
Who's that guy? What is he doing at my home?
Laughing
.. & then, did you banish him, Francis? Laughing

Yes, I cannot stand that inquisitorial look..
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 08:36 am
Francis, that's very funny! Laughing
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 08:36 am
msolga wrote:

Myopia helps.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 08:37 am
Eva wrote:
msolga wrote:

Myopia helps.

That's it! I'm never wearing glasses near a mirror again! Very Happy
0 Replies

Synonymph

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 08:37 am
When I looked in the mirror first thing this morning, I saw a woman with a mane of unbrushed hair and a sense of childlike wonder in her eyes.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 08:39 am
Synonymph wrote:
When I looked in the mirror first thing this morning, I saw a woman with a mane of unbrushed hair and a sense of childlike wonder in her eyes.

Oh, that's nice! Very Happy Worse things could happen, you know!
0 Replies

goodfielder

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 08:44 am
msolga wrote:
goodfielder wrote:
... One minute I was there and the next I was looking at this short little bloke with dark hair and dark pale (yes I know that sounds stupid) complexion.

Oh, I'm quite familiar with the simultaneous dark & pale, goodfielder! You sort of have a sun tan, but things are rather, er ... not contented underneath it! Yes? Razz

I thought he was an extra from Braveheart Very Happy
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 08:45 am
goodfielder wrote:
George wrote:
Pictish?

Short and dark. The term "Pictish" came to mind because it reminded me of how the Picts had been described to me as a child. One minute I was there and the next I was looking at this short little bloke with dark hair and dark pale (yes I know that sounds stupid) complexion. Here's me a quite rational and un-superstitious person and I saw that in the mirror. I have to say that it had been preceeded by some quite emotional events earlier so it could have been stress that did it but strangely I was quite amused by it. I have to say also that he didn't look too happy Shocked

Sounds like a vision of my dad. Those Picts... they're strange.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 08:46 am
Laughing

Very funny!
0 Replies

Synonymph

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 08:46 am
msolga wrote:
Oh, that's nice! Very Happy Worse things could happen, you know!

Like checking a full-length mirror to make sure there's not too much sand in the hourglass.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 08:48 am
MsOlga... without wanting to sound vain... I've been admiring myself in the mirror. Lost a few pounds, been working out and my haircut is perfect <for now>.

However, I have lost my glasses and can't focus quite so well on the details. Very Happy
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 08:52 am
Wrinkles at 28????!!!!!!
0 Replies

Grand Duke

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 08:59 am
msolga wrote:
Sun. Yes, GD, lots of sun here. Few of us have that "English rose" complexion. But hey, we have a good time out there! Laughing

Washing your face with shampoo? Never thought of that! Razz

Don't get me wrong. I'd swap a pasty-faced Englishwoman for a bronzed Aussie goddess any day of the week! But alas, there are two reasons why I'd never emmigrate to Oz (assuming that the points system would let me in anyway): Too much sun. Too many insects.

As for the shampoo, without going into the gory details, I'm a bit of a Sean Connery when it comes to body hair, so I figured that washing all over with shampoo would not only clean my skin, but condition the hair as well. And I only need 1 bottle in the shower.

I will admit to occasionally moisturising if I'd had an especially "bad" shave, and need some cooling down.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 09:08 am
GD

The things I'm learning about people on this thread! Shampooing all over! Wow! Razz
0 Replies

Grand Duke

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 09:28 am
dlowan wrote:
Wrinkles at 28????!!!!!!

Well, most people I know who are around my age have crows feet, laughter lines, furrowed brow and baggy eyes. I have very little of any of that. Perhaps it's our poor British upbringing which ages us all prematurely?
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 09:31 am
Nah! It's all the worry! Razz
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/03/2024 at 12:23:08