Boarder Patrol told NOT to Patrol Boarder

cjhsa

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 03:14 pm
What, exactly, are you talking about p? I contend I must be a legend in your own mind.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 03:17 pm
Well, I wonder if this is somehow connected to those soldiers, policemen and custom agents bust dealing cocain over the border.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 04:43 pm
Where there's money, there's corruption.

In some.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 04:44 pm
Yes, Abe Lincoln once observed that locks only serve to keep honest men honest . . .
0 Replies

tommrr

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 04:53 pm
parados wrote:
Quote:
You contend that the "boarder patrol" (sic) is not patrolling our borders. I pointed out that the border patrol is an arm of the executive branch. Bush is the head of the executive branch.
This leads to one of two conclusions. Bush ordered them to do what you appear to claim they are doing or Bush is completely unaware of it and as such is failing as a "CEO."

It would seem to me that there are a few levels of management between an agent on the border and the CEO. Yes, he is ultimately in charge and responsible, but don't you think that if an order exists, it could have come from anyone above the agents in question?
0 Replies

parados

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 05:13 pm
tommrr wrote:
parados wrote:
Quote:
You contend that the "boarder patrol" (sic) is not patrolling our borders. I pointed out that the border patrol is an arm of the executive branch. Bush is the head of the executive branch.
This leads to one of two conclusions. Bush ordered them to do what you appear to claim they are doing or Bush is completely unaware of it and as such is failing as a "CEO."

It would seem to me that there are a few levels of management between an agent on the border and the CEO. Yes, he is ultimately in charge and responsible, but don't you think that if an order exists, it could have come from anyone above the agents in question?

If an entire division of a major corporation ordered their sales staff to not sell the product for a month wouldn't you want to know where the CEO was during that time period? He certainly would have to answer for it if it was true.

My first response would be. Where was management and why aren't they doing anything? I would not give them a pass. Of course the first thing a reasonable person asks is, "Is this even true?" Since the claim was assumed to be true then the second question should come into play. Yes the order could have come from any level, but management is supposed to know what is going on. That is their job.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 05:15 pm
After Pickett's Charge, when the shattered remnants of three divisions were stumbling back to Seminary Ridge, Lee rode amond them, saying: "This is all my fault."

You'll never catch the Shrub owning up to his own responsibilities with that kind of honesty.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 05:23 pm
Setanta wrote:
After Pickett's Charge, when the shattered remnants of three divisions were stumbling back to Seminary Ridge, Lee rode amond them, saying: "This is all my fault."

You'll never catch the Shrub owning up to his own responsibilities with that kind of honesty.

Take blame for the failures and credit others for the success.

Its such an easy thing to admire but so hard to emulate. I guess that is why we have so few great leaders.
0 Replies

tommrr

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 05:26 pm
parados wrote:
Quote:
If an entire division of a major corporation ordered their sales staff to not sell the product for a month wouldn't you want to know where the CEO was during that time period? He certainly would have to answer for it if it was true.

My first response would be. Where was management and why aren't they doing anything? I would not give them a pass. Of course the first thing a reasonable person asks is, "Is this even true?" Since the claim was assumed to be true then the second question should come into play. Yes the order could have come from any level, but management is supposed to know what is going on. That is their job.

I agree with you. I also think that no one above the border agents themselves are doing their jobs. The entire govt is just giving this issue lip service, and doing absolutely nothing to fix the problem. And sadly enough, I don't think it would be any different with a different CEO at this point. Its fast becoming the new 3rd rail of politics.
0 Replies

tommrr

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 05:27 pm
Setanta wrote:

Not only Bush, but you will not find anyone in office at any level, from either party willing to do this. Its a shame to.
0 Replies