Are you a redneck?

Setanta

Reply Sun 15 May, 2005 07:17 pm
dlowan wrote:
Anyhoo - not sure why that got SUCH a billious response from you - odd things turn up all the time - Napoleon, for instance, has taken over Iraq, if the evidence in a certain thread is to be believed...

(Didja get the "bill" joke?)

That will not last. Arthur Wellesley, erstwhile Duke of Wellington, is being cloned even as we speak, and a new penninsular war is in the offing . . .
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 15 May, 2005 07:18 pm
One of my favorites is "liberal twit."
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 15 May, 2005 07:25 pm
Mine is liberal elitist!

SO hilarious from neocons - who believe it is their manifest destiny to civilise (ie make over in what they believe is American reality - they leave out all the nasty bits in their rather damp dreams) the world. Using whatever means it takes. In their godlike grasp of what ought to be, their avowed Straussian philosophical daddy held there to be no need for ethical action in bringing the sweaty masses to the promised land.

Jesus wept.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sun 15 May, 2005 07:33 pm
Here's a good article that points out just how compassionate these conservatives are. This has been the situation from day 1. It's no wonder Castro threw out those who were pillaging Cuba. The hypocrisy of these conservatives is simply stunning.

=======================

Stranger Than Paradise

How Tom DeLay's deregulatory ideology stretched to the island of Saipan

On arrival in Saipan some workers found that their contracts were worthless. They were told their employer had gone bankrupt. Day laborers who had thought they were going to be security guards piled on top of each other at night in one-room hovels and explored ideas like selling their kidneys to raise enough money to go home. Saipan became a fixture of the booming global sex trade. Young Chinese women recruited for restaurant jobs were ordered to work in karaoke and topless bars where managers told them they had to drink and have sex with customers. They received no pay for this coerced prostitution. The so-called bar fines for their services went to their employers.

Even officials in the laissez-faire administrations of Ronald Reagan and George Bush the Elder were alarmed. In 1986 the Interior Department of the Reagan administration voiced concerns that the economy, culture, and legal system of the native islanders were buckling under the strain of the mass influx of foreign workers, and proposed an immigration cap to keep the once-pristine island from turning into an industrial slum.

FOR THE FULL ARTICLE, SEE:

http://www.texasobserver.org/showArticle.asp?ArticleID=1743

=========================
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 15 May, 2005 07:37 pm
Well, hypocrisy is a quality generously meted out at birth to most of the human race.

It helps us live with ourselves.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 15 May, 2005 07:43 pm
Joe Nation wrote:
elitist

A conservative referring to a liberal as an elitist is an example of mirror thinking, the flaws one sees in oneself one attempts to apply to others.

Would some, could some, kindly compassionate conservative define how they believe liberals to be elitist? Names can be named but I would prefer actions to be enumerated.

By the way, I have never heard anyone say "I am an elitist." I have on many occasion had people tell me they were rednecks. Which term could then be assumed to be a slur?

Joe( you know it)Nation

I'm an elitist!!!!

Or would be, if only I could find something to be elitist ABOUT!
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Sun 15 May, 2005 10:30 pm
I loved Mensa's response to the challenge that they are elitist.

Mensa: Yes, we are. By definition. Look it up.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 15 May, 2005 10:40 pm
That is great!!!!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 15 May, 2005 10:45 pm
Reminds me of when I was a little kid, being harassed by some other kid in grade three, or something.

She said: "You're a BRAIN!" (meaning that horror of horrors in the third grade, a good student.) I was supposed to protest desperately that I was nothing of the sort.

I said: "So?"

She spluttered - was unable to think of a cogent reason why that was a bad thing to be, and stormed off.
0 Replies

smog

Reply Sun 15 May, 2005 10:51 pm
dlowan's a NERD!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 15 May, 2005 11:12 pm
Lol! Indeed.
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Mon 16 May, 2005 09:59 pm
Re: Are you a redneck?
mysteryman wrote:
About those REDNECKS....We've all enjoyed the redneck jokes for years. It's time to take a reflective look at the core beliefs of a culture that values home, family, country and God. If I had to stand before a dozen terrorists who threaten my life, I'd choose a half dozen or so rednecks to back me up. Tire irons, squirrel guns and grit -- that's what rednecks are made of. I hope I am one of those. If you feel the same, pass this on to your redneck friends. Ya'll know who ya' are...
You might be a redneck if: It never occurred to you to be offended by the phrase, "One nation, under God."

You might be a redneck if: You've never protested about seeing the 10 Commandments posted in public places.

You might be a redneck if: You still say "Christmas" instead of "Winter Festival."

You might be a redneck if: You bow your head when someone prays.

You might be a redneck if: You stand, remove your hat and place your hand over your heart when they play the National Anthem. Chills up the back and moist eyes are common.

You might be a redneck if: You treat Viet Nam vets with great respect....and always have.

You might be a redneck if: You've never burned an American flag.

You might be a redneck if: You know what you believe and you aren't afraid to say so, no matter who is listening.

You might be a redneck if: You respect your elders and expect your kids to do the same.

You might be a redneck if: You'd give your last dollar to a friend

You might be a redneck if: You are proud of being a redneck and don't see why it's seen in such a negative light.
0 Replies