The lexical root of the perfect tense forms differs from the lexical root of the infinitive form

Reply Fri 10 May, 2019 02:15 pm
I trust in the God and I believe that the Word was God (Deus erat Verbum).
The Latin have the verb 'fero', whose perfect tense forms base on the lexical root, that differs from the lexical root of the infinitive form (e.g. fero -> tulit). I think, that this thing (feature), which is called suppletion is somehow associated with the creation of the Adam and the Eve and also with the English verbs bear (born, birth) and bring. If you loook at the Gen.2:21 of the Latin Bible you will see that in that place is used the same single rooted verbs 'tulit' and 'replevit'.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,804 • Replies: 4
No top replies

roger

Reply Fri 10 May, 2019 02:24 pm
@InGodWeTrust,
and. . . ?
0 Replies

George

Reply Fri 10 May, 2019 07:42 pm
You know that the original language of Genesis was not Latin, right?
0 Replies

fresco

Reply Sat 11 May, 2019 12:20 am
@InGodWeTrust,
Is your alias InWordMagicWeTrust ? Wink
0 Replies

Jewels Vern

Reply Sun 12 May, 2019 06:10 pm
???
Just learn the language. Stop making up baloney. I am pretty smart, but I never heard anybody talk about "lexical root" before. And every language has irregular verbs.

BTW Latin has nothing to do with the bible. Even the Latin translation was full of dumb mistakes.
0 Replies