Reply Tue 10 May, 2005 12:07 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Hell, I agree with that, Woiyo!

Cycloptichorn

Um...this is twice we agree. Is a pattern developing?? Laughing
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 10 May, 2005 12:08 pm
You're making a startling amount of sense lately...

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Tue 10 May, 2005 12:14 pm
Laughing I would like to think you find me more sensible. Cool
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 10 May, 2005 12:29 pm
Well, my position has been to tax corporations and to not have gov't intervention in the form of a GPS device in my car consistently, so it's not my views which are changing...

If we actually got tax money from businesses as we should, it would go quite a ways to balancing the budget, sigh

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Wed 11 May, 2005 08:05 pm
gungasnake wrote:
Basically, I'd have to tell these people that I could not guarantee the safety of any sort of a usage monitoring device in my vehicle.

me either. don't like the idea for it that they speak about and certainly not for the uses that i suspect it could and would be used for. same with the gps on cell phones.

big brother just showed up a few years late, that's all...
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Wed 11 May, 2005 08:14 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Well, my position has been to tax corporations and to not have gov't intervention in the form of a GPS device in my car consistently, so it's not my views which are changing...

If we actually got tax money from businesses as we should, it would go quite a ways to balancing the budget, sigh

Cycloptichorn

For whatever it's worth, there is no such thing as taxing a corporation. All you're really doing is taxing the corporation's customers. The corporations simply pass taxes through the way they do any other cost of doing business.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Wed 11 May, 2005 08:38 pm
Isn't taxing corp's kind of like a double tax? I mean tax is paid on the item that is bought and then taxes are paid when paychecks are handed out. Taxes are paid on the electricity and phone usage a company has.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Wed 11 May, 2005 08:59 pm
Another thing they pass through is the cost of dealing with "class action lawsuits", i.e. the demokkrat tax...
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 12 May, 2005 12:22 am
Yeah, yeah, calm it down.

Taxing corporations is important for two reasons.

First, the tax affects both investors and consumers equally. The fact is that so much money passes through the channels of business, and can be shuffled around so as to avoid paying taxes in other areas; that it makes sense to have a tax upon commerce. This is a pretty universal idea amongst countries, btw.

Second, the Corporation enjoys a special status as an individual under our system. This allows a lot of interesting things to be done, but also carries responsibilities with it; responsibilities that need to be followed, and aren't by many companies.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Thu 12 May, 2005 06:19 am
Baldimo wrote:
Isn't taxing corp's kind of like a double tax? I mean tax is paid on the item that is bought and then taxes are paid when paychecks are handed out. Taxes are paid on the electricity and phone usage a company has.

No since only net income is taxed, which basicly is profits.
0 Replies