How do I make a good drink for my tummy?

Reply Mon 9 May, 2005 01:16 pm
I have a question....

whenever I drink, sometimes I get upset tummy, i guess I have a weak stomach. Drinking pepto bismol or zantax helps, but I don't want to be swallowing that stuff everytime i drink. Do any of you guys know what I can mix the drink with so it goes down smoothly and at the same time helps coat my tummy so it doesn't get that upset?? Any ideas would be appreciated, thank you.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,579 • Replies: 11
No top replies

syntinen

Reply Mon 9 May, 2005 01:33 pm
not quite sure whether you want to take something before going on the razzle (in which case, I suggest milk), afterwards the same night (lots of water) or next morning (ginger beer).
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 9 May, 2005 01:56 pm
Moderation?
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 9 May, 2005 02:03 pm
What are you drinking that upsets your stomach?

I've found sometimes high sugar drinks mixed with booze isn't a good mix for me, I can get stomach aches. I stick with mostly beer and hard liquor anyway.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Mon 9 May, 2005 02:26 pm
Maybe quality over quantity would help.
0 Replies

chris56789

Reply Mon 9 May, 2005 02:32 pm
I drink mostly wine. So I'm getting quality. I don't even drink much. It's like my tummy doesn't agree with alcohol. I just drink couple gulps and my tummy is not liking it. I don't drink much.

I think what happens is that my stomach lining is weak, so as soon as alcohol touches it, it upsets it.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 9 May, 2005 02:39 pm
Sipping v-e-r-y s-l-o-w-l-y might help.

Or perhaps your genes pre-date the invention of alcohol?
0 Replies

chris56789

Reply Mon 9 May, 2005 02:54 pm
I was drinking wine, maybe i should drink beer. Maybe the alcohol and the sugar in the wine makes it extra potent.

So what beer should I get? Coors, miller lite, heinekin?
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 9 May, 2005 03:00 pm
It's taste preference. Coors Light, Miller Light, those are similar, and are light tasting beers. Heinekin is a little heavier tasting beer compared to those two(I think it's awful)....you just have to try different kinds to see what you like.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Mon 9 May, 2005 03:09 pm
yoghurt may help. or anything with a live probiotic culture in it. perhaps the wine you had is just too acidic for you. even a different kind of wine may make the difference.
0 Replies

AngeliqueEast

Reply Mon 16 May, 2005 02:51 am
Star Anise & Ginger
My baby cousin had terrible colic. Her stool looked like acid. My aunt started giving her Star Anise tea and it cleared up. She took a few Anise stars, boils them, when the tea is ready she adds a little sugar and cools it. Gave it to the baby for a few months everyday instead of water.

Ginger is also good for the stomach. Boil a piece, when cool add sugar or honey. You can drink it hot too if you like.

AE
0 Replies

voldemort

Reply Wed 15 Jun, 2005 06:12 pm
i have stomach problems as well but mine are genetic and ive been diagnosed but what i always finds that helps my stomach clam down is hot tea, not cooled down tea, not warm tea, but hot tea. i also like it with milk, but thats my own taste! lol
0 Replies