Isn't it time to impeach Bush?

dlowan

Reply Sat 28 May, 2005 06:27 am
That is interesting - it seemed people on the right were saying that such deception, if proven, was no problem under US law????
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sat 28 May, 2005 07:48 am
Unfortunately truth and justice holds little stature in the US congress. Party loyalty is the only game in town. Our congress has ceased to be an instrument for the peoples business. One can only hope that perhaps this will be an awakening for the electorate and they will throw the bums out at the next election.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sat 28 May, 2005 08:50 am
Analysts Behind Iraq Intelligence Were Rewarded

Quote:

By Walter Pincus
Washington Post Staff Writer
Saturday, May 28, 2005; Page A01

Two Army analysts whose work has been cited as part of a key intelligence failure on Iraq -- the claim that aluminum tubes sought by the Baghdad government were most likely meant for a nuclear weapons program rather than for rockets -- have received job performance awards in each of the past three years, officials said.

The civilian analysts, former military men considered experts on foreign and U.S. weaponry, work at the Army's National Ground Intelligence Center (NGIC), one of three U.S. agencies singled out for particular criticism by President Bush's commission that investigated U.S. intelligence.

The Army analysts concluded that it was highly unlikely that the tubes were for use in Iraq's rocket arsenal, a finding that bolstered a CIA contention that they were destined for nuclear centrifuges, which was in turn cited by the Bush administration as proof that Saddam Hussein was reconstituting Iraq's nuclear weapons program.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/05/27/AR2005052701618.html?referrer=email&referrer=email

It is likely they were rewarded for giving Bush cover not for the work they have done. Or perhaps because they know where the "Bodies are buried.
0 Replies

JustanObserver

Reply Sat 28 May, 2005 09:00 am
Its long past time.

Not like its ever going to happen. If he wanted, Bush could go on live television and sh*t on a babies head, punch a nun, show his middle finger to the camera and say "f*ck you, world," and he'd still walk away from it smelling like a rose.

He's untouchable and we all know it. This country should be ashamed of itself to have allowed such an asshole to run it into the ground as he has.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Sat 28 May, 2005 11:43 am
The teflon president. Is that how history will remember the Shrub?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 28 May, 2005 03:14 pm
Nah - that was Clinton - hmmmm.....thinking...
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sat 28 May, 2005 04:14 pm
dlowan
No. That originated with Reagan
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sun 29 May, 2005 06:44 am
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Sun 29 May, 2005 06:48 am
Well, that's not an easy one to sustain, Squinney. Those raids were, in some measure, justified. They were retalliatory (the Iraquis had fired on our aircraft in the no-fly zone), not pre-emptive. In fact, I'm surprised that the Bush cabal has never invoked this "provocation" as one of the reasons for the invasion.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Sun 29 May, 2005 07:12 am
If you're dealing with someone like Saddam Hussein who tortures and murders his own people by the million, has attemted to annex his neighbors, has developed WMD and used them to suppress one of his minorities, then spent years lying about and hiding them, to want him out is a virtue.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sun 29 May, 2005 07:21 am
Merry Andrew wrote:
Well, that's not an easy one to sustain, Squinney. Those raids were, in some measure, justified. They were retalliatory (the Iraquis had fired on our aircraft in the no-fly zone), not pre-emptive. In fact, I'm surprised that the Bush cabal has never invoked this "provocation" as one of the reasons for the invasion.

And you know this how?
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Sun 29 May, 2005 12:20 pm
I know this by staying on top of the news. I know this because it is common knowledge. I know this because it is one of those things that hardly requires a lot of links to back it up. There was a time when reports of USAF and RAF planes being fired on by Iraqi anti-aircraft batteries were daily news bulletins. The Iraqis didn't dare fly in the no-fly zone but trhey took regular potshots at allied planes that did so. IMO, that's when we should have blasted Saddam's imperial palaces. The invasion so late after the fact became a meaningless exercise in military one-upmanship.

Don't get me wrong. Since I'm the one who started this thread, I obviously am on your side, Squinney. Just saying that this particular article of indictment flies on one wing.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sun 29 May, 2005 01:50 pm
You mean like this...

http://www.globalsecurity.org/org/news/2002/020917-iraq5.htm

My point is that it was a planned invasion, planned increased stikes to provoke Saddam and therefore, who is to say if antiaircraft was being fired at a larger than usual rate to justify the increased bombing? Rumsfeld?
0 Replies