Multiple Wives

Eorl

Reply Sun 22 May, 2005 06:15 am
Mathos, NoNe could answer for herself but she may not realise what I see as a misunderstanding of inflection.

I think she meant that she would not enjoy the mere IDEA of him in bed with another woman while she's in the kitchen

as opposed to the idea of them merely being in the same room together

the word "JUST" was supposed to attach to the word IDEA rather than to the concept of them being in a room.

Am I right NoNe ?
0 Replies

Mathos

Reply Sun 22 May, 2005 01:23 pm
There is no point in assuming Eorl, unless you know for certain. You are not equipped and consequently unable to pass comment on NoNe's behalf, although I do appreciate your particular interpretation of the remarks she made. Her husband could well be a homicidal maniac for all we know. No doubt she will clarify the situation in due course.

Why would she have such drastic thoughts about her husband being in bed with another woman?

Is she likely to be afraid that he will prefer her response to sexual activity against her own?

What is this ownership thing, women in the main appear to hold so much 'reverence towards?
It is a good thing indeed for a man to sample many, many women in his life time.'
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Sun 22 May, 2005 08:55 pm
Mathos, I agree.

(although I wasn't "assuming" rather I was suggesting perhaps you had not seen the 2 different possible interpretations - I am perfectly well equipped to see both - as are you)

From a "caveman" perspective it is in the woman's best interest to keep one protective man long term...while the man is better off having as many conquests as he can.

So, I think that's the way we tend to be...on average.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Sun 22 May, 2005 09:06 pm
Mathos wrote:

It is a good thing indeed for a man to sample many, many women in his life time.'

Why do you say that?
0 Replies

Mathos

Reply Mon 23 May, 2005 03:12 pm
Eorl wrote:
Mathos, I agree.

(although I wasn't "assuming" rather I was suggesting perhaps you had not seen the 2 different possible interpretations - I am perfectly well equipped to see both - as are you)

From a "caveman" perspective it is in the woman's best interest to keep one protective man long term...while the man is better off having as many conquests as he can.

So, I think that's the way we tend to be...on average.

Point taken Eorl!

The caveman perspective is the only true manner we should really be considering if reality is the password of multi-wives. How was it considered then to take any woman you wanted? They certainly would not have had morals. It might well be the only projection considerable as reality is that it was the 'norm.'

The meek however, obviously began to outnumber the guy's at the top, {the ones with the bigger biceps, the heavier clubs and the fierce outlook on existence, who were laying all the women. } So they started the dirty trick business, inventing gods, punishing them in the name of the gods, (big rock on head whilst sleeping) laws, & morals, and here we are today. Most men considerate it normal practice to just lay one woman in their lifetime. I am not able to agree with that sentiment, it is not normal.

Piffka, I believe I just answered your question.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Mon 23 May, 2005 04:18 pm
Yes, I think you did.... it is because you think it will make you normal in an abnormal world.

With such a simplistic attitude I can now ascertain that you are neither fully matured nor particularly successful in your quest. Very Happy Very Happy
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 23 May, 2005 04:20 pm
Groucho Marx (perhaps apocryphal) speaking to a mother of 12:

Well, Lady, i like a good cigar, too, but i take it out of my mouth every now and again . . .
0 Replies

Mathos

Reply Mon 23 May, 2005 04:24 pm
You are entitled to ascertain as you see fit. Liberty is the name of the game Piffka.

I am reasonably ripe and many would say extremely successful in all of my quests. I have no regrets to date what so ever.

Not so many can say that with hand on heart and real conviction. Can they?
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Thu 26 May, 2005 11:20 am
Sorry if I seemed to be ignoring this thread. I haven't received updates.
As the story goes for these Mormons, they stop education for the kids around fourth grade, esp., the girls. They send boys to work on construction projects as young as 8. Girls are married to older men when they are still in their teens. Excuses are found to oust young men from the community, effectively ex-communicating them.
--------

On polygamy itself. Well, I am a single woman and have been without a man in my life for five years. I want a widower because I don't want to meet his ex. Sharing a sexual partner is, to me, disgusting.
----------

Will now catch up on the thread.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Thu 26 May, 2005 11:27 am
dlowan -- Frankly, I would like not to be twins but to be a personal corporation.

One of me could earn the money; one of me could write novels; one of me could take care of the house; one of me (I thought of this before my kids grew up) to take care of the kids; one to amuse my man, and another one just to learn what I want to learn. That would make my man a polygamist, if I had one!
0 Replies

Mathos

Reply Sun 29 May, 2005 02:32 pm
POM, why do you consider 'sharing a sexual partner
to be disgusting?
Perhaps you were raised to believe sex was dirty ?
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Wed 1 Jun, 2005 04:16 pm
Mathos wrote:
What is this ownership thing, women in the main appear to hold so much 'reverence towards?

Interesting that you attribute this to women "in the main". The newspapers that I read are filled with stories of men who resort to violence and murder in attempts to retain their "ownership" of the women in their lives. How many times have we read of men who say that they'd rather see their wife/girlfriend/lover dead than with another man? It is the rare woman who resorts to the same measures to retain a man.

Can you be more specific and enlighten me as to what you are referring to when you say "sample" when you apply the term to a living, breathing female human being?

In any case, communal living appeals to some and not to others regardless of their religions or cultures. Unless you haven't evolved to the point that you no longer consider women to be simply brood mares or sows, it is of little consequence how often they can reproduce in a year as the world is overpopulated and rapidly depleting it's non-renewable resources. It's more than past time that women be allowed to live in such ways that they are personally fulfilled instead of being looked to to provide a legacy and/or heir for a man.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 10:28 am
MAthos -- Would you like me to be blunt? I just imagine a man coming to his second woman still wet from the first.

What has thinking sex disgusting have to do with sharing partners? How about having been raised to think sex is an expression of love and not of lust and not limited to procreation?
0 Replies

Mathos

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 04:23 pm
plainoldme wrote:
MAthos -- Would you like me to be blunt? I just imagine a man coming to his second woman still wet from the first.

What has thinking sex disgusting have to do with sharing partners? How about having been raised to think sex is an expression of love and not of lust and not limited to procreation?

Sex is an act of the human body, not so an expression of love. It may well be an act which lovers do and for a time may well desire no other. I do not see lust being part of the equation here, not at all. You are translating variation to lust. Procreation being the evolutionary manner of ensuring our survival. Your mentioning your imagination running riot with the 'coming to his second woman still wet from the first.'

One may consider ennui being an act within it's own psychological sphere in ensuring that variation is a good thing, for the human body, and mind. Mental and corporeal faculties do in my opinion run hand in hand.

You Pom, are letting emotions run your well being and life, it is not logical to continue in this manner, and also to show so much a tantrum towards the same. It is not near so important an issue as you regard it. Take your approach to sexual satisfaction and fulfillment with pleasure, you will find a vast change in your life.
0 Replies

Mathos

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 04:37 pm
aidan wrote:
Mathos wrote:

Interesting that you attribute this to women "in the main". The newspapers that I read are filled with stories of men who resort to violence and murder in attempts to retain their "ownership" of the women in their lives. How many times have we read of men who say that they'd rather see their wife/girlfriend/lover dead than with another man? It is the rare woman who resorts to the same measures to retain a man.

Can you be more specific and enlighten me as to what you are referring to when you say "sample" when you apply the term to a living, breathing female human being?

In any case, communal living appeals to some and not to others regardless of their religions or cultures. Unless you haven't evolved to the point that you no longer consider women to be simply brood mares or sows, it is of little consequence how often they can reproduce in a year as the world is overpopulated and rapidly depleting it's non-renewable resources. It's more than past time that women be allowed to live in such ways that they are personally fulfilled instead of being looked to to provide a legacy and/or heir for a man.

The newspapers you read my friend are obviously 3rd rate tabloid comics. If you intend citing reporter's preferences at what they print you are wasting time and making everybody wince. Show me the bona fide stats. in your emotional outbursts of unfounded accusations we are going nowhere.

By sample I mean exactly that, catching sight of a woman who turns your head, attracts you, fascinates you indeed. The quest is then began in earnest to find her, get to know her, (no hurry attached) date her, and finally seduce her. Every act is sampling.

I have mentioned to another in an earlier post this evening, the follies of combining sex and love are totally irrational and of no benefit to the progress of mankind. Sex is a permanent issue. Love is merely a chemical reaction our bodies create, as time passes the feelings of love change totally, they can last for eternity with freedom of the body and mind being an extremely major issue. Women with tantrums of emotion, and many men also I acknowledge are neither benefiting themselves or others around them.

The fact you and many like you share this problem is an observation of mine which I am glad indeed that I have no part of, nor would I wish to.
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 05:13 pm
Mathos - You make some very blatant (and false) assumptions. I don't read tabloids. I read the local newspaper of whatever town I happen to live in and right now subscribe to the NY Times via internet as I am living abroad but am still interested in what is occurring in my home country. I will grant you that the situation I described seems to be much more prevalent in the US than in the UK - just one of the many advantages I find to living here - and that may be why you assume I am reading tabloids. In the US, the scenario I described is all too common.

Thanks for your clarification of the use of the word "sample". When you describe it as you have, it sounds marginally less offensive. And actually not offensive at all as long as the female in question is aware that she is merely serving your purposes as a temporary diversion. I would only advise you to make sure that with all of your sampling, you do not not bite into something spoiled - that could be very unpleasant.

Finally, you've read me all wrong. I'm not at all possessive or jealous, and I fully recognize the lure of sex for its own sake. I do also enjoy being in love, however. But even there, I again recognize the possibility for and have experienced the reality of loving more than one person. I'm like Plainoldme though, I don't like to share my men (physically, as she said, it is just a turn-off, not appealing at all) and I am very careful as to who I love, physically, mentally and emotionally, and how I treat them. I don't use people and I don't allow myself to be used. You should try it - it can be a transcendent experience.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2005 06:25 am
Mathos -- I bet you spend a lot of time alone. Frankly, (and here I am guessing that you are a man) you are not the sort that would be popular with women.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2005 06:26 am
Your mentioning your imagination running riot with the 'coming to his second woman still wet from the first.'

BTW, this is not a sentence.
0 Replies

Mathos

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2005 03:08 pm
Both of you are still clinging like **** to a blanket to your emotions. The subject under discussion is not to be tainted with the word love, which we do not really understand at all. I am very familiar with your meanderings, I appreciate you feel the whole basis of your existence is founded on some love idealism. However, taking this emotion away, what difficulty do you envisage in a man having several wives, partners, lovers?

Why make accusations against my being, simply because your irrational misconceptions are not admired by me?

You accuse me of being a lonely person. On the contrary, I have never known loneliness at all. I have friends, male and female, especially female, they probably outnumber my male friends 5-1. There are those with whom I have enjoyed sexual relationships with, certainly without all the immature, do you love me, I love you bit, being viewed as any form of issue, our love making has always been intense, exciting, and enjoyable. We had no intention of lying there afterwards, assessing it's value against another's nor did we promise never to have a sexual relationship with anyone else. I am not the sort of person who would go along to an orgy. I pointed out previously the 'sampling' factors,' all of which add up to good sex.

I consider it a sentence POM your imagination really was running wild, and by making such a statement you were expressing it's uncontrolability.
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2005 05:47 pm
Mathos - I can almost hear your voice - tell me - does it sound like Phil Hartman's when he was portraying Frankenstein on Saturday Night Live? Are you familiar with that at all? You know ..."Fire - bad". Just wondering...
0 Replies