If your bored maybe help a Lost Soul

Reply Wed 4 May, 2005 05:26 am
Hello all i am new to this site and think it is great and everyone seems very hellpful and intellegent SO I NEED YOU ALL!!! Long story short I graduated with a bachelor of arts from a four year college and desire an "artistic job". the problem is that the demands are high for graphic designers and that's about it. I have a strong background in design, but the job offers I have seen online or in papers demand so much. It is more of a "i dont know what I want, just do it" atmosphere. It's like you just desgn crap really fast, pitch that crap to clients that you BS, just to fly through the days pile of work. I want to serve a purpose not a company. I paint and illustrate on my own and have had some luck with selling online and to friends and fam, but it's hit and miss. Sometimes sales and sometimes dry months with no sales. So i crave for something that combines art and stability. I would love to illustrate greeting cards from hallmark, but that is in Kansas City and I live in Illinois. Also, I would love to illustrate children's books or do cover designs for novel etc. but I cannot find any info on these. Any input, experience, comments etc. would be greatly appreciated, thank you for your time in advance.......Jeff
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 584 • Replies: 0
No top replies