who was highly conflicted

Reply Thu 25 Apr, 2019 07:06 am
Does "who was highly conflicted"mean "who was highly self-contradictory"? Or "who was highly bellicose"?

Context:

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

....Mueller was NOT fired and was respectfully allowed to finish his work on what I, and many others, say was an illegal investigation (there was no crime), headed by a Trump hater who was highly conflicted, and a group of 18 VERY ANGRY Democrats. DRAIN THE SWAMP!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 580 • Replies: 5
No top replies

View best answer, chosen by oristarA
chai2
  Selected Answer

Reply Thu 25 Apr, 2019 08:11 am
@oristarA,
Saying one is "conflicted" normally means they are confused because they are torn between 2 ideas, choices, etc. Like there is a conflict going on within oneself.

Not really sure what the author of your statement is meaning here, since it's pretty clear he's calling Mueller a Trump hater and nothing else. Doesn't say what else Mueller is conflicted over.

I'm fairly sure the writer, unless an explanation can be given for what he meant, the phrase is not being used correctly.
PUNKEY

Reply Thu 25 Apr, 2019 03:34 pm
This is referring to Trump feeling that Mueller had “conflicts of interest” and should not have been conducting an investigation.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Thu 25 Apr, 2019 03:35 pm
@chai2,
Trump wrote the tweet.
chai2

Reply Thu 25 Apr, 2019 03:59 pm
@InfraBlue,
Yeah.

I was gonna say to orister if it's a tweet written by Trump, don't count on it making much sense.

He has the writing skills (and speach patterns) of a third grader, if that.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 26 Apr, 2019 05:27 am
@chai2,
Agreed, it was a poorly written bit. Not having the readers understand your point is an area that should have been caught by the editors. Lotsa papers are killing their editorial depts. I love to catch some really funny headlines that were obviously rushed to print. I see em more and more and more.
0 Replies