AMERICA, WHY IT MAY LOSE ITS STANDING IN THE WORLD.

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 14 Mar, 2003 11:13 am
The early rumblings given voice by Eisenhower for one shows that our imperialist course was set long ago, but only became overt with the Bush administration. A lot of it seems to me to have roots in the Manifest Festiny that gobbled up everything from coast to coast. Now we may be seeing Global Manifest Destiny at work.
0 Replies

trespassers will

Reply Fri 14 Mar, 2003 02:46 pm
If the US continues to subjugate its interests and plans to the will of other nations and interests, we will cease to be (at least in any form resembling what we aspire to be).
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Fri 14 Mar, 2003 03:11 pm
Tres, What do you think we aspire to be?
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Fri 14 Mar, 2003 03:37 pm
Democracy Domino Theory 'Not Credible'
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Tue 12 Feb, 2008 06:26 am
Interesting...a five year old thread which needs to be updated...some topics stay alive.
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Tue 12 Feb, 2008 06:59 am
Dartagnan wrote:
If the US continues on a course to be an imperial power, our future will be finite. That's what history teaches. If we can manage to work well with other nations, then I'm more optimistic...

Imperial power? Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Tue 12 Feb, 2008 02:58 pm
Do you visualize the US returning to work with other nations...As a nation, do we want to go in that direction, or are we now too self-centered to see ourselves as part of a group?
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Wed 13 Feb, 2008 07:17 am
Mapleleaf wrote:
Do you visualize the US returning to work with other nations...As a nation, do we want to go in that direction, or are we now too self-centered to see ourselves as part of a group?

Returning to work with other Nations?

How much more of our blood and tax dollars do we need to waste when people like you make statements like that? Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Wed 13 Feb, 2008 09:22 am
Interesting....a response with little information, but heavy on emotion/subjectiveness. Have we interacted before? Why don't you provide some details, so I have a clearer understanding of "people like me."
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Wed 13 Feb, 2008 09:30 am
Mapleleaf wrote:
Interesting....a response with little information, but heavy on emotion/subjectiveness. Have we interacted before? Why don't you provide some details, so I have a clearer understanding of "people like me."

People like you means people who speak without having facts to back up their statements.

Here are my facts.

US Foreign Aid amounts to over 22.7BILLION/year, far and away the most of any nation.

US Military Budget exceeds 420 BILLION/year far and away more than any other nation. You will note our military sends dollars and American lives protecting other nations from either themselves or other outside forces.

Given these facts, how can you support the opening statement you made.
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Wed 13 Feb, 2008 09:50 am
I remember graduate school at Miami University at Oxford, Ohio during the early 70's. I was white, bald and male. A young African-American looked at me and assumed I was against blacks and their efforts to gain equal access. How frustrating...I thought; so this is how prejudice works.

I do not equate military dollars spent with our efforts to work with other nations as equals. Neither do I expect our discussion to produce any meaningful exchange. You have decided who I am and what I represent. My experience with ABUZZ and A2K have demonstrated to me that we best cease our postings. Perhaps someone else will have something to post.
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Wed 13 Feb, 2008 10:02 am
Mapleleaf wrote:
I remember graduate school at Miami University at Oxford, Ohio during the early 70's. I was white, bald and male. A young African-American looked at me and assumed I was against blacks and their efforts to gain equal access. How frustrating...I thought; so this is how prejudice works.

I do not equate military dollars spent with our efforts to work with other nations as equals. Neither do I expect our discussion to produce any meaningful exchange. You have decided who I am and what I represent. My experience with ABUZZ and A2K have demonstrated to me that we best cease our postings. Perhaps someone else will have something to post.

Amazing how you shrink away when faced with facts.

You were asked to explain your statement and you refuse. That tells me all I need to know.

Have a nice day. Cool
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Wed 13 Feb, 2008 01:31 pm
Who cares about any soup-sipping butcher power/ super power.
The normal working people are fed up with American unfulfilled dream.
My name is Rama Fuchs
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Wed 13 Feb, 2008 02:23 pm
AMERICA, WHY IT MAY LOSE ITS STANDING IN THE WORLD?

Because Americans are like sheep. Ignorant and apathetic, Marketing subjects. You could sell an American an orange spray painted piece of $hit and tell him it's a twinkie, he would eat it and like it because the guy on the billboard is smiling while he is eating his piece of ****.
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Wed 13 Feb, 2008 02:50 pm
Oliver Goldsmith
"Sweet abuburn!
loveliest village of the plain"

As non-entities in this show-business world
let us strive hard to realize
to make a real CHANGE
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Thu 14 Feb, 2008 07:02 am
Amigo wrote:
AMERICA, WHY IT MAY LOSE ITS STANDING IN THE WORLD?

Because Americans are like sheep. Ignorant and apathetic, Marketing subjects. You could sell an American an orange spray painted piece of $hit and tell him it's a twinkie, he would eat it and like it because the guy on the billboard is smiling while he is eating his piece of ****.

Well, maybe in So. California they act as you describe.
0 Replies