Now I get it! We Can't See Darfur Genocide Due To Oil

Reply Tue 3 May, 2005 06:07 am
I knew there had to be something I was missing for the killings in Darfur to continue unabated.

Quote:
Sudan becomes US ally in 'war on terror'

Suzanne Goldenberg in Washington
Saturday April 30, 2005
The Guardian

Sudan's Islamist regime, once shunned by Washington for providing a haven for Osama bin Laden as well as for human rights abuses during decades of civil war, has become an ally in the Bush administration's "war on terror".
Only months after the US accused Khartoum of carrying out genocide in Darfur, Sudan has become a crucial intelligence asset to the CIA.

SOURCE-READ THE REST

Quote:

READ THE REST

Quote:
From the Sudan Tribune:
OIL FOUND IN SUDAN'S DARFUR

KHARTOUM, Sudan, Apr 16, 2005 (UPI) - Sudan said Saturday initial oil drilling operations in the troubled Darfur region indicate there is abundant oil in the area.
Sudan Energy Minister Awad al-Jaz told reporters in Khartoum an oil field was found in southern Darfur and it is expected to produce 500,000 barrels of oil per day by August.
Most of the country's oil production comes from oil fields in southern Sudan, where a peace treaty was recently signed between the government and rebels.
According to the accord, 50 percent of oil revenues from the south will go to the Sudan People's Liberation Movement, while the other half to Khartoum.
The country started exporting oil in August 1999.

SOURCE

So, we find out oil is struck mid April, and by May we're flying the guy in and giving him "noogies?" What? I thought we tortured terrorists, not give them aid and comfort.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 398 • Replies: 1
No top replies

candidone1

Reply Tue 3 May, 2005 09:02 am
There are those who "aid and abet" terrorists, and then there are those who "aid and abet" terrorists who have access to oil.
0 Replies