Bible Study Help!

NewSoul

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 01:59 pm
Neologist, nice chatting with you. Get back soon
0 Replies

SN95

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 09:18 pm
NewSoul wrote:
SN95 , You are not very intelligent , are you? Maybe just not Knowlegeable, like Bush? Smile

If you are only going to sling insults then our debate will end here. Clearly from your posts here and in my other thread you have no desire to carry out a reasonable debate so I will choose to discuss matters with those less closed minded and insulting as you.
0 Replies

extra medium

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 09:39 pm
NewSoul wrote:
MYTH,

I have had proved many times that the Quran is in fact the Words from GOD.

whew...and (post above) you have the audacity to say someone else isn't very intelligent.

Wow, you prove the word of God many times and call people stupid.

What else can you do?
0 Replies

extra medium

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 09:41 pm
NewSoul wrote:
Real Life,

I am a white American, who perhaps knows the Bible(s) better than you do.

um, please explain sentence above? How does this relate to my Bible Study question?
0 Replies

NewSoul

Reply Sun 15 May, 2005 11:27 am
Sorry that you took it wrong. I apologize for that SN95. I never meant to say that you are not intelligent. I was just hoping that instead of telling me questions like that , that you go to the Quran and read the verses you have had problems understanding, then make your own judgment. The Quran is very clear. I have tried to answer your questions. I hope that they clarified your concerns.
I just got so annoyed by none sense that people say about the Quran , knowing that the Quran has answers to all these questions.

Again, SN95 I apologize for saying such thing.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sun 15 May, 2005 12:38 pm
extra medium wrote:
The above doesn't make sense. Why would a God that cared about us play such a cruel trick on us such as the above, make it so unbelievable uncertain and debatable as to what to do to "get into heaven?"

This is what I find incredible about The Bible.

I love the idea of Jesus, actually.

I just find it very difficult to believe that a God who truly cared about us would ask us to believe something based on such a debatable, questionable, chaotic past.

The universe doesn't usually work like this. Reality is usually more direct. I think a God would be much more direct about things. Not asking you to believe a copy of a copy of a rumor or somebody's story...?

That troubles me.

Jesus doesn't trouble me, actually.

The twisted Bible troubles me. When I really try to read it, it just seems twisted chaos.

Unbelievable you say it was written so that the most unsophisticated could understand it.

I think its one of the more twisted chaotic texts out there.

There are pages and even books of clarity in it. But taken as a whole, it seems almost Chaos?

(And note this is coming from someone actually sympathetic to Christianity--I wouldn't mind believing.)
You had a long post and I didn't want to trim it overmuch; but here is my point:

The clergy have obfuscated the truth for centuries in an effort to maintain their control over humankind, most of whom have been either too disenfranchised, too unsophisticated (or too damn scared) to object. That fact does not negate the truth of the word they have been attempting to suppress.
0 Replies

extra medium

Reply Sun 15 May, 2005 07:49 pm
neologist wrote:
The clergy have obfuscated the truth for centuries in an effort to maintain their control over humankind, most of whom have been either too disenfranchised, too unsophisticated (or too damn scared) to object. That fact does not negate the truth of the word they have been attempting to suppress.

I agree.

Some of the most interesting stuff I've read are The Gnostic Gospels.

Somehow it strikes a chord.

But of course these books were "voted out" of The Bible a few hundred years after Christ. Some consider the Gnostics to be the important books, others cally it heresy. And the beat goes on...
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sun 15 May, 2005 08:36 pm
extra medium wrote:
neologist wrote:

I agree.

But of course these books were "voted out" of The Bible a few hundred years after Christ. Some consider the Gnostics to be the important books, others cally it heresy. And the beat goes on...
No body is saying you must not read this book or that book. The test lies in which books are accepted as suitable "for setting things straight." (2 Timothy 3:16) Other books are anecdotal.
0 Replies

extra medium

Reply Sun 15 May, 2005 10:32 pm
neologist wrote:
extra medium wrote:
neologist wrote:

I agree.

No body is saying you must not read this book or that book. The test lies in which books are accepted as suitable "for setting things straight." (2 Timothy 3:16) Other books are anecdotal.

Well I guess the Book that set it straight is Reverlations...it seems to claim that over and over, and its the one that says don't add another word, etc.
0 Replies

gospelmancan2

Reply Sun 15 May, 2005 10:34 pm
extra medium wrote:
There are at least 50 Christian denominations out there reading the Bible in all kinds of various ways. A lot of them claim their reading is the One Correct reading and people not in their denominations will go to Hell.

This is why you need to be careful in what denominations teach you or ask you to believe. This is why I have become the best student of the Bible I can be. This way I can't be tricked into something that is unscriptural in nature. The Bible itself admonishes us to "cling to that which is good" in our relationship with God. The best way to find out what to believe is to find out exactly what the Bible says on a given subject in clear language. In accepted Biblical scholarly circles you need to find something in the Bible more than once in clear language for it to be considered a scripturally sound. True Christian teaching and doctrine will transcend denominational boundaries.
The Bible does not teach that the Pope is infallible. This is a denominational teaching. The Catholic church does teach that Jesus is the Son of God. This is a true Biblically based teaching.
Just a note about parables. The parables are used as teaching tools by Jesus to bring universal truths about the Kingdom of God. Parables will always backup true scriptural truths but we must take care in finding hidden meanings in parables just because our findings would then be in danger of being subjective.
0 Replies

gospelmancan2

Reply Sun 15 May, 2005 11:01 pm
neologist wrote:

I would submit that there are many clergy who have a genuine love for God and serve not for control or their own gain but out of love. Anyone who is in the clergy to control others is in it for the wrong reasons.
As a Christian I am so sorry that Christianity has been so misrepresented throughout the ages. As a member of the clergy I am doubly sorry for the damage that has been done to people by those who would see being a spiritual leader is to control and bend others to their will.
The core of true Christianity is a personal relationship between a person and God through faith in Jesus Christ. The true clergy man or woman is a servant of those in their care. The role of the clergy is to assist others to become all that they can be as Christians and children of God.
My role as clergy is not to tell you what to believe but to present Christianity as it really is meant to be and allow you to make up your own mind. I don't have to push it. God can do his own pushing.
0 Replies

NewSoul

Reply Mon 16 May, 2005 10:50 am
Hi Gospelman,

My name is Michael and I recently became Muslim. I have done a lot of reseach on the Quran and the Bible until I took the decision to be Muslim. It was amazing how much similarities there are between the two. However, I found a lot more data in the Holy Quran and answers to my questions and you should maybe read it. I know that the more knowledgeable about the Bible you are the more the Quran's message become clear because it is calling for the same message and showing where Man have corrupted the Holy Bible. I know that many Preachers and Priests are reverting to Islam, one of them was Yusuf Esthes from Texas that has a Website online that helped me a lot ( www.islamtomorrow.com ).

Regards,
Michael
0 Replies