Bible Study Help!

MiTHoS

Reply Fri 6 May, 2005 08:27 am
Quote:
Jesus wasn't created he's a part of God. He was with him in the begining. Genesis 1:26 "God said let US make man in OUR image, after OUR likeness..."

Quote:
How about Adam? Surely he was with God too. [/QOUTE]

This was before Adam was created! God is just about to create him!
0 Replies

NewSoul

Reply Fri 6 May, 2005 09:07 am
Surely you don't know your Bible. I know it and it is my knowledge that helped me find the truth. God will only guide you if you show that you wanna be guided. God will only guide you if you get rid of your arrogance, criticize your own Bible and read the Quran. Surely that is the only way to understand your Bible.
0 Replies

NewSoul

Reply Fri 6 May, 2005 09:09 am
Did you read the verses I mentionned on your Old and New testament ? Seek knowledge and don't just accept thinks blindly. I might find out when it is too late that you were only receiving data without criticizing it or make sure that it is correct.

Believe me brother, I was confused when I was blind
0 Replies

NewSoul

Reply Fri 6 May, 2005 09:14 am
Imagine you kill God !!! God forgive me for saying that !!! but that means that there will be no trial ???

For God sake, God don't need the drama of Jesus, son of God, dying on the cross. Is that a fair just Salvation ? People now can do whatever they want and if only they believe that Jesus is son of God then they are saved .....Wat an injustice !!!!!! Imagine your own Kid raped in front of your eyes and it turns out that the guy who raped your kid believes in Jesus... Do you think it is JUST to send him to Heaven ????? What an injust God then !!!!!!!!

I wish you get on the track to save your life by seeking knowledge and not following a MYTH that the Church wrote about Jesus Hundred years later...
0 Replies

mesquite

Reply Fri 6 May, 2005 04:47 pm
NewSoul wrote:
Imagine you kill God !!! God forgive me for saying that !!! but that means that there will be no trial ???

For God sake, God don't need the drama of Jesus, son of God, dying on the cross. Is that a fair just Salvation ? People now can do whatever they want and if only they believe that Jesus is son of God then they are saved .....Wat an injustice !!!!!! Imagine your own Kid raped in front of your eyes and it turns out that the guy who raped your kid believes in Jesus... Do you think it is JUST to send him to Heaven ????? What an injust God then !!!!!!!!

I wish you get on the track to save your life by seeking knowledge and not following a MYTH that the Church wrote about Jesus Hundred years later...

Yep, pretty silly. Just about as silly as thinking God gives a shyt about which way you face when sitting on the pot.

By the way, got any idea the age of the oldest existing quran?
0 Replies

extra medium

Reply Fri 6 May, 2005 09:59 pm
NewSoul wrote:

Now thats a new one.

What religion believes that it is even remotely possible for a human (or any other force) to kill God?

Would it ever be in the realm of possibilities to kill God?

I thought that for anyone that believes in God, god is not killable.

What religion believes it might be possible to kill God?

Dang, what kind of God is that?
0 Replies

NewSoul

Reply Sun 8 May, 2005 02:28 pm
Guys, that's not funny. I believe in Jesus Peace be Upon Him was one of the most important God's apostles that had the Mission to get the humanity back to the right path after the corruption of the Torah by Men who refused to obey all the Laws of God Almighty. When he came down ( Peace be Upon Him ) he got many followers but the Jews have deceided to Kill him. God, the most powerful, the Wise, took him back to the Heavens and gave the image of Jesus to one of the Ennemies of Jesus, who was crucified instead of Jews. The whole Christianity was then based on a Myth of Jesus (PBUH) suffering and dying on the Cross for our sins, to repeat the same mistake that the JEws did to their Torah. The bible was written by Many and the most famous is King James's . He was Bi-sexual By the way and knowing God's teachings are against Homosexuality would tell you that the Bible can't be written by a Homosexual in the presence of God, the most powerful and King of all the Universes.

God sent Muhummad ( Peace Be upon Him) for the last Mission which is to enforce and spread out the true Message of God, that all the prophets came with. Islam is the Message and God wants it to be the Witness on all Mankinds in the day of Judgment. Without God's Laws on Earth there would never be a Fair Just Trial because people would say that there were no clear Laws.

So many people feel that Islam is strange at first because of the presence of Satan who is trying very hard to defeat the will of God to create Adam from dust and water and make him Kalif on Earth. I approached it , then learned day by day. The more I have learned to more the whole picture made sense to me and the more my eyes see better.

Muslims are only inviting Christians to read the Quran and see what happened to Jesus , Peace Be Upon Him, and to unify with us to Worship none by God, the King of the Day of Judgment , the King of the Universes and all the existence. Christians have accepted the Old testament even though they know that the Jews refused and tried to kill Jesus (Peace be Upon Him). One of the Pillars in Islam is to believe in Jesus (PBUH) and on the Mission he was sent with and on what happened to his Mission.

CHRISTIANS UNAWARE
The Christian does not know that the true spirit of charity which the Muslim displays, always, towards Jesus and his mother Mary spring from the fountainhead of his faith- the Holy Quran. He does not know that the Muslim does not take the holy name of Jesus, in his own language, without saying Hazrat Eesa (meaning revered Jesus) or Eesa alai-hiss-salaam i.e. (Jesus peace be upon him).

Every time the Muslim mentions the name Jesus (pbuh) without these words of respect, he would be considered disrespectful, uncouth or barbaric. The Christian does not know that in the Holy Quran Jesus (pbuh) is mentioned by name five times (5x) more than the number of times the prophet of Islam is mentioned in the Book of God. To be exact - twenty five time as against five. For example:

"..WE GAVE JESUS THE SON OF MARY CLEAR SIGNS AND STRENGTHENED HIM WITH THE HOLY SPIRIT"

HOLY QURAN 2:87

"..O MARY! GOD GIVETH THEE GLAD TIDINGS OF A WORD FROM HIM: HIS NAME WILL BE CHRIST JESUS, THE SON OF MARY.."

HOLY QURAN 3:45

"..CHRIST JESUS THE SON OF MARY WAS (NO MORE THAN) AN APOSTLE OF GOD.."

HOLY QURAN 4:171

"..AND IN THEIR (the previous Prophets') FOOTSTEPS WE SENT JESUS THE SON OF MARY.."

HOLY QURAN 5:49

"AND ZAKARIYA AND JOHN, AND JESUS AND ELIAS: ALL IN THE RANKS OF THE RIGHTEOUS:"

HOLY QURAN 6:85

JESUS - HIS TITLES
Though Jesus is mentioned by name in twenty-five places in the Holy Quran he is also addressed with respect as:"Ibne Maryam" - son of Mary;as Masi (Heb) Messiah - translated as Christ; "Abd-ullah" servant of Allah;"Rasul -Ullah" - Messenger of Allah.

He is spoken of as "the word of God", as "the spirit of God", as a "Sign of God", and numerous other epithets of honour spread over fifteen different chapters. The Holy Quran honours this mighty Messenger of God, and the Muslims have not fallen short over the past fourteen hundred years in doing the same. There is not a single disparaging remark in the entire Quran to which even the most jaundiced among the Christians can take exception.

"EESA" LATINISED TO JESUS
The Holy Quran refers to Jesus as "Eesa", and this name is used more times than any other title, because this was his "Christian"1 name. Actually, his proper name was "Eesa" (Arabic), or "Esau". (Hebrew); classical "Yeheshua", which the Christian nations of the West Latinised as Jesus. Neither the "J" nor the second "s" in the name Jesus is to be found in the original tongue - they are not found in the Semitic languages. The word is very simply - "E S A U" - a very common Jewish name, used more than sixty times in the very first booklet aloneof the Bible, in the part called "Genesis". There was at least one "Jesus" sitting on the "bench" at the trial of Jesus before the Sanhedrin. Josephus the Jewish historian mentions some twenty five Jesus' in his "Book of Antiquities". The New Testament speaks of "Bar-Jesus"- a magician and a sorcerer, a false prophet (Act 13:6); and also "Jesus-Justus" - a Christian missionary, a contemporary of Paul (Colossians 4:11). These are distinct from Jesus, the son of Mary. Transforming "Esau" to (J)esu(s) - Jesus - makes it unique. This unique (?) name has gone out of currency among the Jews and the Christians from the 2nd century after Christ. Among the Jews, because it came to be the proper name of their God(?) - their God incarnate. The Muslim will not hesitate to name his son - "Eesa" - because it is an honoured name, the name of a righteous servant of the Lord.
0 Replies

extra medium

Reply Sun 8 May, 2005 04:37 pm
NewSoul wrote:
Guys, that's not funny. I believe in Jesus Peace be Upon Him was one of the most important God's apostles that had the Mission to get the humanity back to the right path after the corruption of the Torah by Men who refused to obey all the Laws of God Almighty. When he came down ( Peace be Upon Him ) he got many followers but the Jews have deceided to Kill him. God, the most powerful, the Wise, took him back to the Heavens and gave the image of Jesus to one of the Ennemies of Jesus, who was crucified instead of Jews. The whole Christianity was then based on a Myth of Jesus (PBUH) suffering and dying on the Cross for our sins, to repeat the same mistake that the JEws did to their Torah. The bible was written by Many and the most famous is King James's . He was Bi-sexual By the way and knowing God's teachings are against Homosexuality would tell you that the Bible can't be written by a Homosexual in the presence of God, the most powerful and King of all the Universes.

God sent Muhummad ( Peace Be upon Him) for the last Mission which is to enforce and spread out the true Message of God, that all the prophets came with. Islam is the Message and God wants it to be the Witness on all Mankinds in the day of Judgment. Without God's Laws on Earth there would never be a Fair Just Trial because people would say that there were no clear Laws.

So many people feel that Islam is strange at first because of the presence of Satan who is trying very hard to defeat the will of God to create Adam from dust and water and make him Kalif on Earth. I approached it , then learned day by day. The more I have learned to more the whole picture made sense to me and the more my eyes see better.

Muslims are only inviting Christians to read the Quran and see what happened to Jesus , Peace Be Upon Him, and to unify with us to Worship none by God, the King of the Day of Judgment , the King of the Universes and all the existence. Christians have accepted the Old testament even though they know that the Jews refused and tried to kill Jesus (Peace be Upon Him). One of the Pillars in Islam is to believe in Jesus (PBUH) and on the Mission he was sent with and on what happened to his Mission.

CHRISTIANS UNAWARE
The Christian does not know that the true spirit of charity which the Muslim displays, always, towards Jesus and his mother Mary spring from the fountainhead of his faith- the Holy Quran. He does not know that the Muslim does not take the holy name of Jesus, in his own language, without saying Hazrat Eesa (meaning revered Jesus) or Eesa alai-hiss-salaam i.e. (Jesus peace be upon him).

Every time the Muslim mentions the name Jesus (pbuh) without these words of respect, he would be considered disrespectful, uncouth or barbaric. The Christian does not know that in the Holy Quran Jesus (pbuh) is mentioned by name five times (5x) more than the number of times the prophet of Islam is mentioned in the Book of God. To be exact - twenty five time as against five. For example:

"..WE GAVE JESUS THE SON OF MARY CLEAR SIGNS AND STRENGTHENED HIM WITH THE HOLY SPIRIT"

HOLY QURAN 2:87

"..O MARY! GOD GIVETH THEE GLAD TIDINGS OF A WORD FROM HIM: HIS NAME WILL BE CHRIST JESUS, THE SON OF MARY.."

HOLY QURAN 3:45

"..CHRIST JESUS THE SON OF MARY WAS (NO MORE THAN) AN APOSTLE OF GOD.."

HOLY QURAN 4:171

"..AND IN THEIR (the previous Prophets') FOOTSTEPS WE SENT JESUS THE SON OF MARY.."

HOLY QURAN 5:49

"AND ZAKARIYA AND JOHN, AND JESUS AND ELIAS: ALL IN THE RANKS OF THE RIGHTEOUS:"

HOLY QURAN 6:85

JESUS - HIS TITLES
Though Jesus is mentioned by name in twenty-five places in the Holy Quran he is also addressed with respect as:"Ibne Maryam" - son of Mary;as Masi (Heb) Messiah - translated as Christ; "Abd-ullah" servant of Allah;"Rasul -Ullah" - Messenger of Allah.

He is spoken of as "the word of God", as "the spirit of God", as a "Sign of God", and numerous other epithets of honour spread over fifteen different chapters. The Holy Quran honours this mighty Messenger of God, and the Muslims have not fallen short over the past fourteen hundred years in doing the same. There is not a single disparaging remark in the entire Quran to which even the most jaundiced among the Christians can take exception.

"EESA" LATINISED TO JESUS
The Holy Quran refers to Jesus as "Eesa", and this name is used more times than any other title, because this was his "Christian"1 name. Actually, his proper name was "Eesa" (Arabic), or "Esau". (Hebrew); classical "Yeheshua", which the Christian nations of the West Latinised as Jesus. Neither the "J" nor the second "s" in the name Jesus is to be found in the original tongue - they are not found in the Semitic languages. The word is very simply - "E S A U" - a very common Jewish name, used more than sixty times in the very first booklet aloneof the Bible, in the part called "Genesis". There was at least one "Jesus" sitting on the "bench" at the trial of Jesus before the Sanhedrin. Josephus the Jewish historian mentions some twenty five Jesus' in his "Book of Antiquities". The New Testament speaks of "Bar-Jesus"- a magician and a sorcerer, a false prophet (Act 13:6); and also "Jesus-Justus" - a Christian missionary, a contemporary of Paul (Colossians 4:11). These are distinct from Jesus, the son of Mary. Transforming "Esau" to (J)esu(s) - Jesus - makes it unique. This unique (?) name has gone out of currency among the Jews and the Christians from the 2nd century after Christ. Among the Jews, because it came to be the proper name of their God(?) - their God incarnate. The Muslim will not hesitate to name his son - "Eesa" - because it is an honoured name, the name of a righteous servant of the Lord.

NewSoul,

Whoa.

I thought I had heard most of the major religious beliefs out there.

But you're writings are on a whole other plateau.

A whole other reality.

I must re-read and mentally digest.

Un-frigging-Real.

The thing about it is: I really honestly don't have any reason to think your take on thing is any less valid than about 1000 other religious writers out there, whether they be famous or infamous, big or small.

Just goes to show: what proof do we have of any of the stories, really?

Your story could be as valid as a lot of them out there.

I mean, I can't disprove what you wrote. Can anyone?
0 Replies

extra medium

Reply Sun 8 May, 2005 04:41 pm
NewSoul wrote:

NewSoul,

In this paragraph, are you claiming that Jesus was bisexual, or are you saying King James was bisexual?
0 Replies

real life

Reply Sun 8 May, 2005 09:08 pm
NewSoul wrote:
Christianity is just pure confusion. I understand your confusion, I was confused too. Nobody, with a brain, would ever buy a Myth of Jesus, son of God, dying for sins of others......

That is exactly why I reverted to Islam. .... May God guide you to the right path. You are the most stupid of the creation. The atheists are the most arrogant.
If you think you are smart enough to understand everything about God, that seems pretty arrogant.

If you accept the fact that you can't understand everything about God, then it follows that some things may be true even if you do not understand them.

If some things that you do not understand are true, but you refuse to live accordingly; then if you ignore or contradict these truths you are living in willful darkness.

Once you know that your brain doesn't hold and cannot hold all the answers, then perhaps you are ready to learn of God.
0 Replies

MiTHoS

Reply Mon 9 May, 2005 08:49 am
New Soul, you are WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY off. Who says the Qur'an is right? Um.....let me see the way you prove it is throught the new testament, but! the new testament is clearly talking as Jesus as the savior. You just take one or two verses and take it TOTALLY OUT OF CONTEXT, and you try to use the Qur'an to back it up when nothing backs up the Qur'an.
0 Replies

NewSoul

Reply Mon 9 May, 2005 09:47 am
OK! - So therefore, it is better to accept in blind faith and believe in things which no one can truly attest to because the documentation and proof of the genuine testament doesn't exist, but to not believe that what has been preserved for 1400 years, with true documentation.

Preservation of the Quran for 1400 years is a demonstration to all mankind of the Will of God. No matter how men try to twist God's will in Earth he, Almighty, protects it and make people that had no Knowledge about it, become a strong believer of the one true God, the Creator of all the Universes .

The difference between a Muslim and a Christian is that when a Muslim criticize something in Islam he/she finds a beautiful and a just answer full of wisdom and where ? in the Quran that was never updated whereas a Christian can only accept because of confusion left by Men who wrote the Bibles, book that need to be constantly updated to correct concerns and issues.
0 Replies

real life

Reply Mon 9 May, 2005 11:12 am
NewSoul wrote:
OK! - So therefore, it is better to accept in blind faith and believe in things which no one can truly attest to because the documentation and proof of the genuine testament doesn't exist, but to not believe that what has been preserved for 1400 years, with true documentation.

Preservation of the Quran for 1400 years is a demonstration to all mankind of the Will of God. No matter how men try to twist God's will in Earth he, Almighty, protects it and make people that had no Knowledge about it, become a strong believer of the one true God, the Creator of all the Universes .

The difference between a Muslim and a Christian is that when a Muslim criticize something in Islam he/she finds a beautiful and a just answer full of wisdom and where ? in the Quran that was never updated whereas a Christian can only accept because of confusion left by Men who wrote the Bibles, book that need to be constantly updated to correct concerns and issues.
Before you criticize the Bible, perhaps you should read it so you have some basis for your commentary.

When I say read it, I mean all of it, not just bits and pieces.

Just as a man who watches 3 minutes of a 12 hour miniseries on TV cannot claim to fully understand what is being shown, so reading bits and pieces of the Bible does not give you an understanding of it.

Try reading it all.
0 Replies

NewSoul

Reply Mon 9 May, 2005 12:37 pm
0 Replies

NewSoul

Reply Mon 9 May, 2005 12:37 pm
0 Replies

extra medium

Reply Mon 9 May, 2005 03:09 pm
NewSoul wrote:
Real Life,
I am a white American, who perhaps knows the Bible(s) better than you do. It is my knowledge of Christianity that made me revert to Islam. Do you want an example of what Islam comes with , feel free to read then refute me as you wish.

??? Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

NewSoul

Reply Tue 10 May, 2005 09:52 am
What is your question ?
0 Replies

real life

Reply Tue 10 May, 2005 09:56 pm
NewSoul wrote:
What is your question ?

My question was, Have you read the whole Bible?

Now tell the truth in front of God and everyone. You have not.

You have read portions of it and rely largely on hearsay for the rest.

Don't answer like a New York politician, come clean and admit it.

You do not have the qualification needed to criticize the Bible because you have not read it. Even once. (It should go without saying that a complex document like the Bible would require even more than just one reading to begin to comprehend it. But I'll let you off the hook at one. However, you come up empty.)
0 Replies

mesquite

Reply Tue 10 May, 2005 10:46 pm
NewSoul wrote:

NewSoul, What is the age of the oldest physical copy of the Quran and where is it located?
0 Replies

extra medium

Reply Tue 10 May, 2005 11:10 pm
extra medium wrote:
NewSoul wrote:
Real Life,
I am a white American, who perhaps knows the Bible(s) better than you do. It is my knowledge of Christianity that made me revert to Islam. Do you want an example of what Islam comes with , feel free to read then refute me as you wish.

??? Evil or Very Mad

WTH does being a white American have to do with anything?
0 Replies