Straight crush

Reply Wed 17 Apr, 2019 02:49 pm
I have a straight crush, my only proof that he's straight is on his facebook page details: "Interested in-women", is there any slight chance that it isn't honest/real? I know the guy for only over a month, he's a new friend of mine, so I know nothing about his sexuality whatsoever. Of course if he is straight that would be the saddest thing ever cause I'll never be able to date him...
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 208 • Replies: 6
No top replies

jespah

Reply Wed 17 Apr, 2019 03:01 pm
@anonymous2402,
Assume his information is honest on face value .

Find someone else to occupy your time and crush on. Mooning over this guy is avoidance behavior, keeping you from meeting men you can be with.
anonymous2402

Reply Thu 18 Apr, 2019 10:45 am
@jespah,
Thank you for answering, I thought the same. I really should try to overcome this crush, it's pretty much affecting my life. I'm 19 and already starting to think about how I'll probably stay single for my entire life, I have a severe lack of confidence which prevents me from meeting other gay people (to do that I need to get out of my surroundings because I currently know 0 gay people in my life- none of my coworkers is LGBT, so as none of my friends). I'm very pessimistic about my future.
jespah

Reply Thu 18 Apr, 2019 12:10 pm
@anonymous2402,
Try Meetup groups, or connect with other gay men on Facebook or elsewhere. You may need to think outside your immediate geographic area.

I'm a straight woman and I met my husband through the personal ads, back when those still existed. Smile We never would have run into each other, otherwise. We're married almost 27 years.

There's a great guy out there for you.
anonymous2402

Reply Thu 18 Apr, 2019 12:22 pm
@jespah,
Thank you so much for your kind words. I currently am at depression, I'm still in the closet and literally have no one to discuss this matter. I'm so desperate it's the first time I ask personal questions about my life online. I wish your kind words were reality... But unfortunately actual things are so much more complicated than that. My apperance is awful, I'm not ashamed to say bluntly that I just look ugly, a guy like me finding a partner is not realistic let alone possible...
Thank you for dadicating your time to answer me, you actually gave me real advices and not "you gotta go to a therapist", damn I'm just so tired of hearing that.
0 Replies

Sam560

Reply Mon 20 May, 2019 08:25 pm
@anonymous2402,
I know I'm a little late to answer, but I have to say the best thing to do if he's not into you is to move on. I know it's hard and I've been there. I'm bi and was crushing on another girl but she was straight and I really liked her but she was only into guys. It was awfully painful but I realized there're other, better people out there and there's someone for everyone. You'll find yours, just keep looking Smile
0 Replies

kaylie-the-cutter

Reply Mon 20 May, 2019 08:36 pm
@anonymous2402,
try getting over him...trust that his bio is true and you will eventually find someome that would like you for who you are...its a thing called natural destiny
0 Replies