0

Straight crush

Reply Wed 17 Apr, 2019 02:49 pm
I have a straight crush, my only proof that he's straight is on his facebook page details: "Interested in-women", is there any slight chance that it isn't honest/real? I know the guy for only over a month, he's a new friend of mine, so I know nothing about his sexuality whatsoever. Of course if he is straight that would be the saddest thing ever cause I'll never be able to date him...

1  
Reply Wed 17 Apr, 2019 03:01 pm
@anonymous2402,
Assume his information is honest on face value .

Find someone else to occupy your time and crush on. Mooning over this guy is avoidance behavior, keeping you from meeting men you can be with.
anonymous2402

1  
Reply Thu 18 Apr, 2019 10:45 am
@jespah,
Thank you for answering, I thought the same. I really should try to overcome this crush, it's pretty much affecting my life. I'm 19 and already starting to think about how I'll probably stay single for my entire life, I have a severe lack of confidence which prevents me from meeting other gay people (to do that I need to get out of my surroundings because I currently know 0 gay people in my life- none of my coworkers is LGBT, so as none of my friends). I'm very pessimistic about my future.

1  
Reply Thu 18 Apr, 2019 12:10 pm
@anonymous2402,
Try Meetup groups, or connect with other gay men on Facebook or elsewhere. You may need to think outside your immediate geographic area.

I'm a straight woman and I met my husband through the personal ads, back when those still existed. Smile We never would have run into each other, otherwise. We're married almost 27 years.

There's a great guy out there for you.
anonymous2402

1  
Reply Thu 18 Apr, 2019 12:22 pm
@jespah,
Thank you so much for your kind words. I currently am at depression, I'm still in the closet and literally have no one to discuss this matter. I'm so desperate it's the first time I ask personal questions about my life online. I wish your kind words were reality... But unfortunately actual things are so much more complicated than that. My apperance is awful, I'm not ashamed to say bluntly that I just look ugly, a guy like me finding a partner is not realistic let alone possible...
Thank you for dadicating your time to answer me, you actually gave me real advices and not "you gotta go to a therapist", damn I'm just so tired of hearing that.

Sam560

1  
Reply Mon 20 May, 2019 08:25 pm
@anonymous2402,
I know I'm a little late to answer, but I have to say the best thing to do if he's not into you is to move on. I know it's hard and I've been there. I'm bi and was crushing on another girl but she was straight and I really liked her but she was only into guys. It was awfully painful but I realized there're other, better people out there and there's someone for everyone. You'll find yours, just keep looking Smile

kaylie-the-cutter

0  
Reply Mon 20 May, 2019 08:36 pm
@anonymous2402,
try getting over him...trust that his bio is true and you will eventually find someome that would like you for who you are...its a thing called natural destiny