How About Joe Biden?

Reply Sun 1 May, 2005 01:52 pm
Anyone think he could make a run at it?

And I'll take as a given that the Bush worshippers and neo cons don't think anyone except another republican will make a run at it.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,358 • Replies: 29
No top replies

Brandon9000

Reply Sun 1 May, 2005 02:03 pm
Actually, Biden isn't that bad for a Dem.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Sun 1 May, 2005 04:51 pm
Re: How About Joe Biden?
blueveinedthrobber wrote:

And I'll take as a given that the Bush worshippers and neo cons don't think anyone except another republican will make a run at it.

I have no problem with Biden.
Actually,I would prefer Senator Evan Bayh (D-In).
I lived in Indiana for a while and I like him and his policies.

And yes,I am a conservative.
Of course,in your eyes that makes me a " Bush worshippers and neo con", but I dont belong to any political party.
0 Replies

kuvasz

Reply Sun 1 May, 2005 05:41 pm
foreign policy hawk, domestic liberal/moderate

a bit akin to scoop jackson without the dirt under his fingers. ego as big as the grand canyon.

better as sec of state than president.

if he runs in dem primaries he'll get the gepthardt vote but not the liberal or minority vote. his big business ties turn off labor.

he can't run to the left in the presidential primaries because clinton, edwards and perhaps even clark and kerry will have staked out that ground already. if he moves to the center all he can do is attack from the right and wound the party for the general election.

if clinton or clark win the nomination he would make a good vp choice, for clinton to bolster her foreign policy team, for clark to help with party regulars, but again, his ego is too big and he can do more as a senator.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 1 May, 2005 05:49 pm
Re: How About Joe Biden?
mysteryman wrote:
blueveinedthrobber wrote:

I have no problem with Biden.
Actually,I would prefer Senator Evan Bayh (D-In).
I lived in Indiana for a while and I like him and his policies.

And yes,I am a conservative.
Of course,in your eyes that makes me a " Bush worshippers and neo con", but I dont belong to any political party.

Not necessarily, It's your statments that make me believe you are a Bush worshipper. Real conservatives that worship Bush are a shrinking breed, happy to say. You might be shocked to know that in many ways I am closer to being a conservative than a liberal, but if so I'm a conservative leaner who knows a piece of **** when he sees it. And we stepped in it in 2000. And that makes me a liberal in your eyes.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 1 May, 2005 05:55 pm
Joe Biden has had an interesting affair with his constituents . He is visible in Delaware ( I know, you can do the whole state in a morning) but his popularity is as "one of us" not one of the gazillions of mutant GOP Dupont types that claim Delaware as their breeding territory.Years ago, in his first term in the House His life had taken a tragic turn when his wife and kids were killed in an accident along the state line. He put his all into his political life.Ive found him sincere and not a "poll watcher" like many from both sides. He also knows how to laugh at himself so his gaffs get quickly turned into positives

Hes said that he wants to continue the proud Delaware tradition of having never produced a president. I think Karl Rove'd have a tough time with Biden, cause Biden knows how to jump over the traps.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 1 May, 2005 06:00 pm
Joe Biden has changed dramatically in the past decade.

He used to be a Teddy Kennedy in training.

He has been right on the money with several foreign policy statements...(read Republican). He has been more straightforward than one could dream of expecting of a Democrat.

He and Joe Lieberman are the only 2 Dems I can think of with cross-over appeal.

And, since the Dems hate Joe L., I guess he'd (Biden) have the best chance in the bi-partisan sweepstakes from the Dem side.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 1 May, 2005 06:02 pm
Lash wrote:
Joe Biden has changed dramatically in the past decade.

He used to be a Teddy Kennedy in training.

He has been right on the money with several foreign policy statements...(read Republican). He has been more straightforward than one could dream of expecting of a Democrat.

He and Joe Lieberman are the only 2 Dems I can think of with cross-over appeal.

And, since the Dems hate Joe L., I guess he'd (Biden) have the best chance in the bi-partisan sweepstakes from the Dem side.

read repulican...why Lash do you insist on cutting the legs out from under anything you say and turning it into a partisan RNC commercial?
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 1 May, 2005 06:04 pm
kuvasz. As far as Im concerned, from the Wilmington Papers, Biden has very good support from labor.(of course "labour" in Delaware is a slight misnomer, as thatconstitency has more degrees than an oven)
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 1 May, 2005 06:08 pm
His policies have been in line with Republican's.

I'm not kidding.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 1 May, 2005 06:20 pm
He's not a republican and he parts ways with Bush and his gang of criminals on most things. If his policies agree somewhat with republican policies on some issues it has nothing to do with them being republican policies. They are his policies.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 1 May, 2005 06:22 pm
You sound defensive.

But, wait. You guys call Zell and Lieberman Republicans. They all have very similar policies...
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 1 May, 2005 06:27 pm
Lash, I'm just egging you on. Guilty as charged. It's because I have such a crush on you but due to my low self esteem I don't dare express it, so I do things to receive negative attention from you. I'm just a scared little boy under it all. Please hold me.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 4 May, 2005 09:42 pm
They deleted my explicit sexual dialogue.

I've been censored.

And, for sex.

<raises eyebrows in disbelief>
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 4 May, 2005 09:47 pm
Lash wrote:
They deleted my explicit sexual dialogue.

I've been censored.

And, for sex.

<raises eyebrows in disbelief>

It starts with naked stautes being covered and the government trying to legislate morality and teaming up with the religious right and it's all fun and games until the mood gets out of hand and you or one of your own get censored, eh? Be careful what you wish for. this is what happens when the ultra conservatives are given free reign.

It's okay baby, let's put our political differences aside and just cuddle. We've both been hurt by this.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 4 May, 2005 09:53 pm
<sly smile>

<planning dirty, hard sex with my favorite phallus>
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 4 May, 2005 09:54 pm
Plus. That's bullshit.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 4 May, 2005 09:54 pm
Awww...you two are so darn cute together!

I'm actually jealous...I have such a crush on the blueveinedthrobber!
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 4 May, 2005 09:58 pm
kickycan wrote:
Awww...you two are so darn cute together!

I'm actually jealous...I have such a crush on the blueveinedthrobber!

you silver tongued devil you.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 4 May, 2005 09:58 pm
<blushing>
0 Replies