I'm In Love With My High School Crush, What Should I Do?

Reply Thu 11 Apr, 2019 03:47 pm
Last year, I was a senior in high school and this was my most memorable year of high school because growing up I was a shy kid and in high school I started to break out of this shy kid bubble I was in. During my senior year of high school, I met this girl who was a junior in one of my classes and talked to her a few times that year. I didn’t know it then because I was busy crushing on another girl, but that girl I met was the PERFECT girl. We both share the same religion and we both liked similar things. I fell in love with her in my second semester of my senior year, but sadly did nothing about it because I was still at the time I was nervous to conversation with her. Now in college, I assumed I was gonna get over this girl and start to like another girl, but I still think about this girl a lot. No girl can compare to her in my eyes. I still live home because I go to a community college that is still close to my home and high school. I visit my high school time to time to see my old concert band perform and possibly other events. Through my high school’s social media, I discovered she got accepted into a university that is 5 hours away from here. Heartbroken by this, I still can’t seem to let her go. What should I do? I know things will be different if I see her again and I won’t have any trouble approaching her. Should I try to see if I can possibly bump into her? Should I make a Instagram account and follow her because she has over 900 followers? Should I tell my friends who might know her that are still in high school that I like her? What do I do?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 1,084 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Sturgis

Reply Thu 11 Apr, 2019 05:00 pm
@Randomguy354,
Either send her a message or let her go and let her be part of your past.

Quote:
Should I make an Instagram account and follow her because she has over 900 folowers?

No. Either tell her how you feel or move on. To just suddenly start "following" her, on Instagram or anywhere reeks of stalker behavior. That, can lead to arrest and possible prison time, depending upon how stalkery you are.

You have repeatedly asked about this girl and not followed any advice. Why?
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 11 Apr, 2019 05:08 pm
@Randomguy354,
We've been through this already.

https://able2know.org/topic/503542-1#post-6815282

Contact her through phone or email -- normal channels. Following her on Instagram is avoidance behavior. It won't get you anywhere.
0 Replies

mystikmind

Reply Thu 11 Apr, 2019 07:37 pm
@Randomguy354,
Fools gold.

Because it is an 'untested' relationship of unknown potential, your mind starts to fill in that potential and build it up and up.... of course no other girl can compete with that!

You just need to realize that as much as there was potential for it to be a great relationship, it could just as easily have turned out to be less than you expected (gee that never happens in relationships now does it??)
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Sun 14 Apr, 2019 06:39 pm
This has been in your own mind for much too long. And it’s really an unknown , since you don't know her at all. You have jumped from admiration to crush to love without anything to back it up.

Time to get mature about your next steps. You know where she hangs out. Actually walk up to her and say Hi and start a conversation to get to know her.

Girls like guys who are confident in what they want and are willing to risk it to find out how to make that happen.

Good luck!

0 Replies