Vaccines

gollum

Reply Wed 10 Apr, 2019 08:10 am
If a vaccine is produced and administered properly, can it result in permanent injury?

maxdancona

Reply Wed 10 Apr, 2019 08:29 am
@gollum,
This is a poorly worded question.

If the answer is there is a 1 in 100,000,000 chance of permanent injury, does that count as a yes? Drinking a glass of water can result in permanent injury.
gollum

Reply Wed 10 Apr, 2019 10:48 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona-

Thank you.

I am fully vaccinated and I recommend that all other people be fully vaccinated.

I have read of case(s) where a person suffers permanent paralysis as a result of being vaccinated, with no error by any party.

I understand that various countries including the U.S. have insurance programs to address such injuries (e.g., The National Childhood Vaccine Injury Act (NCVIA) of 1986).
maxdancona

Reply Wed 10 Apr, 2019 11:27 am
@gollum,
The argument for vaccines the benefits far outweighs the risk. That doesn't mean that there is zero risk of harm. It does mean that the risk of harm is low enough that the benefits far outweigh them. People who are vaccinated are far less likely to face an early death, or serious complication from disease than people who aren't vaccinated. That doesn't mean that there aren't a few isolated cases of things going wrong.

It is very easy to find cases on the internet of people doing healthy things that caused paralysis or death in rare cases. My quick google "yoga caused paralysis" yielded several cases. The number of deaths caused by jogging should scare anyone out of stepping out of their house in running shoes.
gollum

Reply Wed 10 Apr, 2019 03:34 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona-

Thank you.
0 Replies

mystikmind

Reply Thu 11 Apr, 2019 06:27 pm
@maxdancona,
Superb answer.

If anything was to personally make me have doubts about vaccination it would be the evasiveness of the supporters of vaccination.

Just be forward and open about the risks and most people will come on board.
0 Replies