Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2005 12:57 am
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,314 • Replies: 20
No top replies

rodeman

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2005 08:03 am
Those bastards (the Repugnants) have no shame.....
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2005 08:05 am
The dems say they want a balanced budget,and spending cuts.
But,they arent willing to make the decisions to do that.
Their only answer is to raise taxes.
Sorry,but spending must be cut in ALL areas,not just the areas the dems want.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2005 08:16 am
Quote:
The spending includes $1.6 trillion in entitlement programs, $439 million for defense and $404 million for non-defense programs. The $843 million in so-called discretionary spending was up 2 percent from the current fiscal year, in line with Bush's recommendations.

Some would say that 1.6 trillion in entitlement programs is HUGE. Look at it compared to the other categories. But, am I correct that the 1.6 trillion includes SS?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2005 08:21 am
mysteryman wrote:

Except the miltary and weapons development, right?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2005 08:27 am
My 22 year old handicapped son can't be on my health insurance. That's the law. He can't work. He can't buy his own. If they cut his medicaid benefits his anti convulsant medication floats at 1000.00 a month. Without it he will probably have a few hundred seizures a day and will die in a month. If he can no longer get his needed medication as a result of these cutbacks Bush and his boys in Congress and the lobbyists and corporations they serve can go to Hell as far as I'm concerned.

Some people are directly effected by these kinds of things and are real, not just concepts on a forum
for discussion.
0 Replies

bobsmythhawk

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2005 08:37 am
I'm with you. I'd like to see a committee to see how many deaths will be attributed to the decrease in medicaid. These are people who are defenseless for the most part. How heartless is their country for turning their backs on them? So many of these people have to make a choice as to whether they eat or buy medication. Some choice.
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2005 09:32 am
blueveinedthrobber wrote:
My 22 year old handicapped son can't be on my health insurance. That's the law.

How do they get away with this? What does the law say?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2005 09:41 am
jpinMilwaukee wrote:
blueveinedthrobber wrote:
My 22 year old handicapped son can't be on my health insurance. That's the law.

How do they get away with this? What does the law say?

They age off. That's that.
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2005 09:42 am
So just because he is 22 he's SOL? That is BS.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2005 09:58 am
We must protect the tax cuts for the wealthy at all costs. The hell with the sick and defenseless rule the congressional Nazi's.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2005 10:06 am
jpinMilwaukee wrote:
So just because he is 22 he's SOL? That is BS.

Oh he can buy insurance...that's the law also...but it's called State Mandated insurance and the premiums are astronomical..certainly more than his monthly check.

They also lopped 200.00 dollars a month off his check because he lives at home. If he could work part time to supplement his income, they would take dollar for dollar that money off his check as well. Great incentive. When he first went on SSI and medicaid my plan was to have him save 50.00 a month and I figured by the time he reached retirement age he wouldn't have to be on the dole and could possibly have a little quality to his life. I was informed that the minute he holds 2000.00 in assets of any kind he's off the program. Wow!!! That would buy his medicine for two whole months at todays prices. We had to liquidate his savings so he could qualify foe the program. Yes, they even penalize for the money that was saved for him before he turned 19.

Of course, I'm sure that the ultra conservatives consider my boy and those like him an egg that must be broken to make the omelette and keep the defense machine going, and that I'm a bum because I won't be able to care for him after I'm gone, ignoring the fact that it's the government program itself that has removed that possibility. You'll understand that I have a slightly different view.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2005 10:19 am
Bush and his cohorts claim to be evangelical Christians or at the very least Christians. Yet they certainly do not follow the teachings of Christ except of course when it suits their purpose.
I hope in this instance there is a hell for they surely will burn it for their misdeeds.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2005 10:42 am
We will end up paying more.

People who don't get the health care they need go to the emergency room.

The emergency room can't turn them away.

The $1000 per month meds that BPB's kid, and many others like him, need to stay healthy will turn into $3000 a day hospital stays.

You end up paying for it with higher insurance premiums and if not higher taxes, less services.

Maybe they crowd more kids into the classrooms.

Maybe they don't fix that bridge after all.

Maybe we layoff some cops and fire-fighters.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2005 10:44 am
BVT, I hope it wasn't inappropriate of me to mention your son in my post. I'm sorry if it was.

He is a really good example of the type of person who is hurt by these insane cuts.

Best to you and to him.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2005 10:47 am
Quote:

How about war spending? Perhaps we should cut back on the aggression somewhat.

And, we would be satisfied with not RAISING taxes, but not CUTTING them either - your leader Bush is the first one to cut taxes severely during wartime, and it has had terrible consequences on the economy...

Huge tax cuts for the rich in the last 5 years. Huge.

How can this be justified?

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2005 10:50 am
boomerang wrote:
BVT, I hope it wasn't inappropriate of me to mention your son in my post. I'm sorry if it was.

He is a really good example of the type of person who is hurt by these insane cuts.

Best to you and to him.

no problem and thanks.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2005 11:07 am
It just wears me out to hear people complain about taxes.

Especially when they're the people screaming and yelling about "protecting our most vulnerable" citizens.

The military wonders why they are having such a hard time recruiting. Perhaps they should pick up a newpaper and read about the cuts in veteran's benefits.

Why put your life on the line for your country when they obviously don't give a shi+ what happens to you?
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2005 11:17 am
Army Running Out of Money Says Rumsfeld
LAST UPDATE: 4/27/2005 7:00:09 PM

The Army is close to running out of money for operations in Iraq and Afghanistan, according to the Pentagon.

U.S. Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld informed Congress Wednesday the Army's operating fund will be exhausted early next month, and the Army is already slowing its spending. The war in Iraq costs more than $1 billion a week, and most of the cost is incurred by the Army. The Afghan operation costs about $250 million a week.

Although the House and Senate have approved a $82 billion supplemental appropriation for this year's military operations, the separate bills have not yet been combined and approved by both houses.

Rumsfeld told congressional leaders in a letter the Pentagon may have to invoke the Feed and Forage Act to continue spending, a law that allows the Defense Department to run up debt when it has run out of money.

The Iraq and Afghan wars have, so far, cost more than $200 billion.

Source
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2005 01:49 pm
What the hell?

That is some weird and scary news, Squinney.

Perhaps it's time for Bush to suggest another round of showing our credit-card patriotism by hitting the Gap.

Now that the bankruptcy laws have changed the only thing we've got to lose by being super patriots is..... well..... everything, I guess.

But that money will trickle back down from the department store to me, won't it?
0 Replies