Toyota Camry

husker

Reply Fri 6 May, 2005 03:33 pm
Gus
Sorry - I only fly one direrection - AJ is ok with me too!
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 6 May, 2005 03:34 pm
BF
You bet I will ;-)

Husker
Great news. This is what I want to hear :-D

Gus
LOL!
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 6 May, 2005 04:06 pm
The thing about diesels is that not every gas station sells it. You have to plan trips in advance around it. The good news is that at 50MPG, you can usually find some before you run out. And by the way it's really fun filling up in yard full of 18-wheelers. Wink
0 Replies

BillyFalcon

Reply Tue 10 May, 2005 09:56 am
Cjhsa,

Diesel fuel hard to find? We've rarely passed an exit sign on the express way that didn't say "diesel". And, rarely have to fuel up next to trucks.

You're right about the distance between fill-ups. An eighteen gallon tank, at 45 mpg can get over 800 miles. So, I play it safe and fuel up at around 700 miles. We used a total of five fill ups to go from Michigan to Boca Raton, Florida and back.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 10 May, 2005 10:11 am
Not every station sells diesel. There is a Shell station near my house and they don't sell it.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 11 May, 2005 03:14 am
They sell diesel at the gass station I fill up at and I wouldn't have any problem finding it around here since it's a big trucking area.
I love the 800 miles to an 18 gallon tank, especially since I drive an hour every day, 6 days a week just going to work. It would save me almost 3 times as much as I'm paying in gas now.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 11 May, 2005 12:31 pm
There are no small SUV diesels, are there?
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Wed 11 May, 2005 12:57 pm
husker wrote:
BF how's the leg room for a really tall guy?

Leg room is excellent. I used to own a 1993 Camry XLE 6 cyl. and it had plenty of legroom. I'm 6'4".
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Wed 11 May, 2005 01:50 pm
You're not going to find many complaints against Toyota or Honda. I don't know if one is really "better" than the other.

It comes down to preference of driving it and style. I've found Hondas drive slightly sportier and Toyotas to be a little "softer."
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 12 May, 2005 03:01 am
When the time comes, it'll be nice to have a new car. I pretty much have my mind set on the camry, but if my car keeps running as nicely as it has, it'll be a while.

<saving my pennies>
0 Replies

Futurist

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2005 01:04 am
I prefer BMW 5-series, but is too expensive in malaysia, it costs about USD$130,000.
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2005 01:27 am
So Montana gorgeous, we both are buying new cars eh ?? Wanna tango with me in our new cars then ?? eh ?? eh ?? Laughing
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2005 03:35 am
Two cars ago, I had a Camry that I kept for 7 years. I loved it. The only reason that I changed to a Honda Accord (my last 2 cars), was because I did not care for the service department at Toyota.

My husband had a Toyota Cressida. He was having some problems, and the service department always told him that there was nothing wrong. As soon as he passed the 7 year warrantee period, they sure found a lot of stuff wrong with the car.

We went over to Honda, and found that their service department was much more responsive. In fact, once Honda told me that there was something wrong with my car that was not covered by the warrantee. The guy gave me an estimate of about $150-. A few minutes later, he comes in, and tells me that the car is fixed.

Apparently the problem was much more minor than he originally thought, and he did not charge me anything. Now he could have charged me the $150-, and I would not have known the difference, but he didn't..................................and as far as I am concerned, that really sold me on that service department.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2005 06:01 am
And service departments are typically on a dealer to dealer basis as far as service level...to a point. You'd expect the same from Honda and Toyota. Lexus is known for excellent service, and they're a division of Toyota.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2005 08:53 am
Prince
Since my cousin fixed my car, it'll be a while before I'm ready for another, but I'll tango with you any day :-D

Phoenix
Oh yeah, the service dept makes a huge difference and I can see why you felt the need to make a change.
0 Replies

gordy

Reply Sat 20 Aug, 2005 01:08 pm
As a friend who worked in a garage used to say:

"The salesman sells the customer thier first car,it's the service department thats sells them the next"
0 Replies