You'd Think They'd Be Used To Stench By Now

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2005 09:55 am
It's been permeating and rolling out of Texas for quite some time now.

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20050428/D89OCHTG1.html
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 709 • Replies: 12
No top replies

Trupolitik

Reply Sat 30 Apr, 2005 11:15 pm
What exactly is the problem?

If the city wants to spend tax dollars on homeless shelters, then do that. But if public funds are intended to serve another public need, then the use should not be converted.

ps....Dont mess with Texas.
Razz
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 30 Apr, 2005 11:19 pm
Don't mess with Texas!!!

<snickering like W>

<or Will Farrell>
0 Replies

Trupolitik

Reply Sat 30 Apr, 2005 11:28 pm
Lash wrote:
Don't mess with Texas!!!

<snickering like W>

<or Will Farrell>

Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 1 May, 2005 06:31 am
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Trupolitik!!!!!

Welcome!!!!

Glad you're here. Make yourself at home.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 1 May, 2005 07:16 am
You guys and florida should secede. I pray for it.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sun 1 May, 2005 10:03 am
Talking about stenches coming out of Texas. It seems that the rest of the nation has gotten the overflow. :wink:
0 Replies

Trupolitik

Reply Sun 1 May, 2005 01:24 pm
blueveinedthrobber wrote:

Well....be careful what you wish for. Imagine the energy treaty we would have with places such as California. You think we were rough on you guys before!?!?! Laughing Besides, we would take most of the Red States with us. then we could negotiate treaties for our agriculture as well.

Seriously though,

As a true neoconservative, I am very much sympathetic to he homeless situation, and believe as a society have a duty to address it. However, tax dollars should be spent on what they are intended for. Also, if you ever frequent urban public libraries you will find that alot of its patrons are lower income individuals. What about their rights to enjoy public facilities and to engage in learning without having to be acosted by the homeless people trying to convert the purpose of the library?

...and thanks everyone. Glad to be here. I may not change your mind about Neoconservatives...but dang it, we arent just nazis foaming at the mouth either. I really think liberals are demonizing a group of people who could be great allies. We have alot in common with you, primarily due to the fact that REAL Necons were once Liberals. We were just "mugged by reality", that's all.
:wink:
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Sun 1 May, 2005 01:27 pm
Hmm, I dunno. There are some neocon ideas which run a little contrary to the Liberal thought; at least in method...

And your leaders are of the worst sort, you must realize that fact.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Trupolitik

Reply Sun 1 May, 2005 01:34 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Hmm, I dunno. There are some neocon ideas which run a little contrary to the Liberal thought; at least in method...

And your leaders are of the worst sort, you must realize that fact.

Cycloptichorn

Like Joe Lieberman (D)? :wink:

Seriously, I understand that the big issue is the use of force. Although I do think Democracy and Universal Human Rights in the Middle east is a noble LIBERAL goal. I mean, the world has agreed to the UDHR, why arent we pursuing it anymore. We have instead been tricked into "peace without justice", and Realpolitik approach of "negotiating with tyants" instead of finding ways to remove them (and no not just by force).

ps...Trupolitik should not be confused with Realpolitik. heh.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Sun 1 May, 2005 01:38 pm
Lieberman will have a hard time surviving the next election cycle, because the rest of us Dems are going to try our hardest to oust him.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 1 May, 2005 01:48 pm
Trupolitik wrote:

Well....be careful what you wish for. Imagine the energy treaty we would have with places such as California. You think we were rough on you guys before!?!?! Laughing Besides, we would take most of the Red States with us. then we could negotiate treaties for our agriculture as well.

Seriously though,

As a true neoconservative, I am very much sympathetic to he homeless situation, and believe as a society have a duty to address it. However, tax dollars should be spent on what they are intended for. Also, if you ever frequent urban public libraries you will find that alot of its patrons are lower income individuals. What about their rights to enjoy public facilities and to engage in learning without having to be acosted by the homeless people trying to convert the purpose of the library?

...and thanks everyone. Glad to be here. I may not change your mind about Neoconservatives...but dang it, we arent just nazis foaming at the mouth either. I really think liberals are demonizing a group of people who could be great allies. We have alot in common with you, primarily due to the fact that REAL Necons were once Liberals. We were just "mugged by reality", that's all.
:wink:

and I'm sure you would use basic human needs like food and energy to hold the upper hand. Why not? It's the regular policy.
0 Replies

Trupolitik

Reply Sun 1 May, 2005 02:21 pm
Trupolitik wrote:

Seriously though,

and I'm sure you would use basic human needs like food and energy to hold the upper hand. Why not? It's the regular policy.

Why are you so sure? Because of my "label"? That makes twice you have not directly answered my question Blue. Its ok if we agree. The "Lib-police" wont come get you. :wink:

PLEASE....address my points. (not because I want to win a stupid online debate or anything-I hate that crap) but because I believe this to be the crux of the issue.

thanks bro.
0 Replies