Uk people/elections

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2005 09:04 am
Calling all UK people.

There is an election coming up.

I hate politics but feel I should vote.
My loathing of politics means i dont really want to read about what the different parties say they are going to do.
Im sure they all have good intensions but doubt they will do as they promise.

Can anyone sum up in a VERY intersting way (please incude pie charts, drawings,doodles)what each party plans to do so I can have a clearer way of making up my mind as to who to vote for.

Thank you.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 801 • Replies: 5
No top replies

smorgs

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2005 11:00 am
Can't do pie charts mat girl...but don't vote Tory, 'cos my job will almost certainly go!
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2005 01:56 am
Ok, Im not keen on michael Howard anyway.
I watched and then taped the rest of the debate on TV last night.
i know i shouldnt go on personality but Charles kennedy cam across very well, tho I dont agree with all his policies.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Wed 4 May, 2005 02:12 am
Made your minds up yet?
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Wed 4 May, 2005 02:54 am
material girl wrote:
Made your minds up yet?

It would not be a very good exercise for you to make your mind up, based only on the opinions of the A2K people that may "sum up" the Parties for you in this thread.
That is exactly what you will get.....opinions, determined and influenced by that members political leanings.
It would be better for you to find the websites of the three main parties, and read their Manifestos. That would give you a guide as to what they INTEND to do, but they may not necessarily put those ideas into practise if elected.
Everyone in the democratic world should make every effort to raise their interest in politics. It was a hard won right, and should not be cast aside lightly. The more the "ordinary" people are aware of domestic and world affairs, the less those "power" politicians can get away with, as you will have the opportunity to vote them out at the next election.
If you are not aware of how good/bad they have been for your country, it is much more likely that they will stay in power, owing to either a low turn out vote due to apathy, or voters carrying on voting for the same party because of personal or family tradition.
I personally feel that, in the UK, our fathers/grandfathers risked their lives to remove the threat of a fascist dictatorship from Europe.
If you are not sure of the importance of voting, just ask someone from that generation how they feel about the matter.
Good luck with your research, and I am sure that you will vote wisely.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Wed 4 May, 2005 04:20 am
Ive looked at their sites and watched the televised debate last week.Im all decided.

How about you?
0 Replies