anyone have twins? what did you do to tone back up?

ree

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2005 12:55 am
Hi I just had twin girls. actually they will be 6 months on the 9th. I was just wondering if anyone els on here had twins? and if they new of a good work out to tone back up.

I had a hard time while carrying them I had heart failure in august it was caused from being pregnant a very rare condition called parapartum cardiomyopathy. I went in to the hospitial thought i had a cold because i was coughing a lot and couldn't breath found out my heart was beating at 190 they rushed me back and gave me 2 shots of something to stop my heart and reset it but they didn't work. after that they sent me to a better hosital i spent a week in COU until they finally got my heart back down and found what pills worked for me.. then I spent 3 months in the labor floor waiting to have the babies..anyway Im not allowed to work out my heart Dr said i can walk for 15 to 30 minutes a day and no heavy lifting (try that with twins). so im wondering if anyone els on here has had twins was there anything they did other than doing a hard work out to get back in shape?

I eat kinda healthy (i have my moments where i don't) but i have to watch what i eat anyway
I don't smoke anymore and i don't drink caffein anymore..
and when its pretty out i walk with the girls. but it seems like im still not getting back in shape.. I was 120 before i got preggy and now im 140 so not that much over i just need to tone up without putting to much of a work out on my heart if anyone knows of a good way to tone the abs back up (other than sit ups) please let me know .
I cant take dite pills or dite drinks or energy drinks
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 569 • Replies: 4
No top replies

turtlette

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2005 05:40 pm
I'm sorry to hear you had such difficulty. Congrats on your 2 new buttercups, your going to have so much fun with them! (i'll bet you have already)

Ask your doctor if these exercises are safe for you.

If it's your abs you want to get in shape with out raising your heart rate to much, try these one at a time slow, casual, leg lifts.

(can be done while watching t.v. or reading)

Lay on your back, like this-

http://www.fotosearch.com/thumb/BNS/BNS216/MTN040.jpg

Bring one leg/knee, at a time, up to your chest, then straighten out/extend completely (leg level with horizon), then back to original bent position, foot on floor, repeat with other leg. You can do this on 3 separate occasions during the day, everyday, (positive results will soon follow.) Very Happy

Do each repetition slowly, this will keep your heart rate low. Start off with 10 reps for each leg, and see how you feel, perhaps keep a watch with a second hand available so you can check your heart rate.

Checking heart rate or bpm, beats per minute.
Count the number of beats in 15 seconds, then times that by 4, and there you will have your heart rate. Ask your doctor about maximum heart rate for your condition.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2005 03:10 pm
Simply tightening and then relaxing the abdominal muscles can strengthen them.

Suck in the gut--count to 3 or 5 or 7--and then relax.

Repeat and repeat and repeat and repeat....

You can be standing or sitting or lying down.

This isn't strenuous, but it will build muscle.
0 Replies

ree

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2005 11:38 pm
thank you both i will give them both a try Smile the leg lift should be fine with my heart it dont look like it would be hard on my heart at all> I go back in june 1st to get my heart looked at was going to ask him then if theres anything new i can do workout wise. im hopeing he will tell me its healed.

and yes i have had fun with them already they are a blast:) expeshly since there starting to get a lot more active and trying to crawl and getting more vocale
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 30 Apr, 2005 01:30 pm
ree--

Glad we could help. Welcome to A2K.
0 Replies