Our world of politics has gone bonkers

maxdancona

Reply Thu 4 Apr, 2019 06:50 am
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

Paranoid people are notoriously hard to reach out to, so... have fun in your own bubble.

Now you are just lashing out. I am.saying that both the left and the right are being dominated by people on the extremes. Both the left and the right have valid points (I tend to agree more with the left on policy issues but that doesn't matter).

The problem is that people on the left don't want to consider more than one side on ant issue... if someone questions the narrative, they get attacked.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Thu 4 Apr, 2019 06:58 am
I challenge people on this thread to fill in the blank on this statement ...

The conservatives make a valid point when they say __________ (if there are any conservatives here, the challenge is to answer for liberals.

To me, being able to see issues from more than one point of view, or to be able to accept when the other side has a valid point is a good thing. It shows independent thought and judgment.

In our current political climate (and in this thread) it is heresy.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 4 Apr, 2019 07:05 am
@maxdancona,
What a stupid challenge. Conservatives aren't one homogenous group, they don't speak with one voice. Like any group there's dissent and disagreement.

As for Liberals, on Frankie Boyle's New World Order he said, they're like doggers, you know it goes on, but you never see any.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Thu 4 Apr, 2019 07:38 am
@maxdancona,
Here's my heresy: Trump has made some valid points since 'elected', though I am not sure it's by design.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 4 Apr, 2019 09:49 am
Someone sent this to me - it is pretty funny -

https://youtu.be/93E2LL7sqik

0 Replies

najmelliw

Reply Thu 4 Apr, 2019 12:35 pm
@mystikmind,
mystikmind wrote:

"Leaders of morals and ethics"
Nelson Mandela had women troubles...
King David had women troubles!
No matter how strong were the morals, it seems to happen.

Heck, even Queen Elizabeth had women troubles, albeit of a different kind...
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Sat 6 Apr, 2019 10:42 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
Besides, who knows if the charges against Trump are even true.

1. Are you referring to the "Access Hollywood" video tape of Donald Trump and Billy Bush?

2. Or are you referring to the Donald Trump and Howard Stern interview when Trump bragged about entering the beauty pageant dressing rooms while the contestants were naked or half naked?
oralloy

Reply Sat 6 Apr, 2019 10:54 am
@Real Music,
Neither. I was referring to the charges of sexual assault that were mentioned in the first post.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 6 Apr, 2019 05:00 pm
@Real Music,
https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2018/dec/11/trump-file-10-top-falsehoods-2018/
0 Replies