Our world of politics has gone bonkers

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 2 Apr, 2019 07:41 pm
@maxdancona,
Inhaling a woman's fragrance by putting your nose in her hair. Planting a long unwelcome kiss.
Taking another woman's face in your hands and giving a long unwelcome nose to nose rub.

Giveth me a break, son.
mystikmind

Reply Tue 2 Apr, 2019 07:42 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Sorry, that's a no once again.

Since there seems to be a difficulty understanding, let me recap;

Your original comment to which i was replying was this;

"Yes, it's been going on forever, and it goes beyond politics. Some of us like to expect that our politicians are leaders of morals and ethics."

I was talking about the ethics and morals of 'OUR' leaders - in context of your use of the word 'OUR' .... not some other culture. Got it now?

Edit: i did introduce leaders of other countries, but only in the context of being known world wide for being extremely moral.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 2 Apr, 2019 07:44 pm
@mystikmind,
yes. sorry for the mixup on my part.
maxdancona

Reply Tue 2 Apr, 2019 08:02 pm
@edgarblythe,
What part of political hit job don't you understand Edgar.

The women who know Joe Biden best are defending him. These smears on Joe Biden are coming from women who have a political agenda.

neptuneblue

Reply Tue 2 Apr, 2019 08:06 pm
@maxdancona,
When's the last time you've inhaled a man's hair and said, "Dude, what shampoo is THAT?? It smells sooo good! I've got to get me some!"

GMAFB

glitterbag

Reply Tue 2 Apr, 2019 08:09 pm
@neptuneblue,
That's funny, seriously......you put a picture in my head that will probably stick the rest of the night.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Tue 2 Apr, 2019 08:10 pm
@neptuneblue,
I have had women rub my hair after a crew cut. And, I have touchy feely friends who tend to put their hands on people's shoulder as a way of expressing affection. If I couldn't take it, I would ask them to stop.

I don't freak out about it.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Tue 2 Apr, 2019 08:18 pm
#MeToo is such an easy political attack.... here is a interesting question.

Is there any male candidate for president who hasn't been #MeToo'ed so far? I know they have #MeToo'ed Biden, Sanders, O'Rourke... so far.

A male candidate would have had to have been a robot for the past 50 years in order to avoid these attacks.
neptuneblue

Reply Tue 2 Apr, 2019 08:21 pm
@maxdancona,
No, a man can keep his hands...and nose to himself.

Why is that a difficult concept without a #metoo movement involved?

How often DO you smell a man standing next to you?
maxdancona

Reply Tue 2 Apr, 2019 08:25 pm
@neptuneblue,
Do you ever show affection, touch someone kindly, give someone a hug, put your hand on someone's shoulders?

Are the rules different for women than they are for men?
maxdancona

Reply Tue 2 Apr, 2019 08:33 pm
@neptuneblue,
If a man "smelled me" (and I have to say it has never happened) I wouldn't freak out about it. If it bothered me, I would say something. If it was awkward but not unbearably so, I might not say anything. But, as an adult I take responsibility for speaking up for myself.

I had a very affectionate male coworker put his hands on my shoulders. I think he saw that I was uncomfortable and I didn't need to say anything. I have male friends who are very physically affectionate when I see them (this is a cultural thing). I have no problem with this.

Yes, it is a little odd. Sometimes human beings are odd, in fact I tend to like people who are a little unique. I am an adult, I can take what happens without freaking out and if something bothers me I can speak up. Awkward social interactions are a part of normal adult life.

The difference is intent... if someone is trying to grab my crotch to embarrass me or to manipulate in some sexual way I am going to be upset. If someone puts their hands on my shoulder, or "smells" my hair in an odd way that is an attempt to show affection, I might make it clear that I am uncomfortable, but I am not going to feel harassed.

Women are being taught to be on edge and to look for the slightest offense. Men are being taught to overlook offense and to take responsibility for communicating their needs.

I think women are being taught wrong.
neptuneblue

Reply Tue 2 Apr, 2019 08:34 pm
@maxdancona,
Friends and relatives, sure. Colleagues, bosses, subordinates and people I don't know are off limits. What makes you think that every person on this earth wants you to touch them?

Ew. Hands off, creep.

Hence, we have this problem of the day. Certain men take liberties they shouldn't.

Do you hug your hairdresser? Waitress? Walmart Greeter? No.

Well, maybe YOU do. But I have a sense of decorum and sensibility. Unless it was invited, no touchy feely.
neptuneblue

Reply Tue 2 Apr, 2019 08:37 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
Women are being taught to be on edge and to look for the slightest offense. Men are being taught to overlook offense and to take responsibility for communicating their needs.

I think women are being taught wrong.

Yeah, I guess you're right. Rape and murder rates rates for men are just so much higher that they just let anybody do anything they want to them...
mystikmind

Reply Tue 2 Apr, 2019 08:40 pm
@cicerone imposter,
No problem. Not to say that what you were talking about is not an interesting subject in its own right!
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Tue 2 Apr, 2019 08:40 pm
@neptuneblue,
The point is that this is a political hit job.

The ideological left doesn't like Joe Biden for political reasons. They are using this as a way to throw mud. The angry women pulled in Stephanie Carter for a gesture that she appreciated. This shows that if you are looking for outrage #MeToo is a tempting target.

If you want to smell my hair... go ahead.

maxdancona

Reply Tue 2 Apr, 2019 08:41 pm
@neptuneblue,
Quote:
Yeah, I guess you're right. Rape and murder rates rates for men are just so much higher that they just let anybody do anything they want to them...

What does smelling someone's hair have to do with rape? This is why it is so hard for many of us to take feminism seriously.

This is a silly argument.
glitterbag

Reply Tue 2 Apr, 2019 08:42 pm
@maxdancona,
EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
0 Replies

neptuneblue

Reply Tue 2 Apr, 2019 08:44 pm
@maxdancona,
It's only silly to you because you're not a target of unwanted behavior.
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 2 Apr, 2019 08:50 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

What part of political hit job don't you understand Edgar.

The women who know Joe Biden best are defending him. These smears on Joe Biden are coming from women who have a political agenda.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3oSMomlekU[/youtube]

It's obvious you think physically attacking a woman - or a man - is okay, if the attacker is in your political friend list.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 2 Apr, 2019 09:55 pm
Two more women complained about Biden:

The women, Caitlyn Caruso and D. J. Hill, recounted their experiences to The New York Times.

Caruso, 22, told the Times that Biden rested his hand on her thigh even as she attempted to show her discomfort by squirming in her seat during an event on sexual assault at the University of Nevada at Las Vegas. Caruso, who was 19 at the time, added that Biden hugged her "just a little bit too long."

ADVERTISEMENT
She told the newspaper that the interaction was uncomfortable because she had just talked about her own sexual assault and expected Biden to be aware of physical boundaries.

"It doesn’t even really cross your mind that such a person would dare perpetuate harm like that," she told the Times. "These are supposed to be people you can trust."

Hill, 59, told the newspaper that while taking a photograph with Biden in 2012, the then-vice president placed his hand on her shoulder and began moving it down her back, something she said made her "very uncomfortable."

"Only he knows his intent," she added.

Hill's and Caruso's statements follow allegations brought by former Nevada state lawmaker Lucy Flores and Amy Lappos, a former congressional aide to Rep. Jim Himes (D-Conn.).

A spokesperson for Biden responded to a request for comment by referring The Hill to a statement Biden made Sunday.

Biden, who is considering a bid for president in 2020, said in the statement that he has "offered countless handshakes, hugs, expressions of affection, support and comfort."

"And not once — never — did I believe I acted inappropriately," Biden added. "If it is suggested I did so, I will listen respectfully."

Some women have come to the defense of Biden since the allegations began to emerge. Actress and activist Alyssa Milano on Monday called Biden "a warm, generous individual who believes [it's] on all of us to pay attention to women's stories and experiences." Former Obama administration official Susan Rice called Biden "a dedicated ally, champion and defender of women and all of our rights."

Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) on Tuesday urged Biden to take a more hands-off approach during interactions, especially with women.

"I've known Joe Biden a long time. My grandchildren love Joe Biden. He's an affectionate person — to children, to senior citizens, to everyone, that's just the way he is," she said.

"But that's just not the way — join the straight-arm club with me, if you will," Pelosi added.
0 Replies