18
   

Our world of politics has gone bonkers

 
 
maxdancona
 
  1  
Reply Wed 3 Apr, 2019 11:14 am
@Olivier5,
Solid lead you say? It clearly wasn't solid enough.

Trump/Clinton was the smallest margin in popular since Bush/Gore (2000) and the last time before that there was a lower margin was Carter/Ford(1976).

By any accounts, this was a close race.

I love partisan math.
maxdancona
 
  2  
Reply Wed 3 Apr, 2019 11:36 am
Everyone on the left is ranting about "standing up" to the extremism on the right, and everyone on the right is ranting about "standing up" to the extremism on the left. Where does that leave the country.

The extremists on both sides have far to much influence over our political parties. The left wants everyone outraged. The right wants everyone angry.

Joe Biden represents a reasoned point of view that isn't extreme. That is why the ideologues feel he must be taken down.
0 Replies
 
edgarblythe
 
  0  
Reply Wed 3 Apr, 2019 11:54 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

maxdancona wrote:

The Conservative Edgarblythe (explaining her vote for Trump in 2016) wrote:


You're a real slimy git, learn that one off your pal Oralloy?

Well, it's my fault for un-ignoring him. A mistake I will make no more.
Olivier5
 
  2  
Reply Wed 3 Apr, 2019 12:08 pm
@maxdancona,
Whatever. It remains true that Clinton got more votes than Trump.
maxdancona
 
  1  
Reply Wed 3 Apr, 2019 12:20 pm
@Olivier5,
I was only objecting to your questionable use of the term "by far" (and your later use of the word "solid") to refer to one of the smallest differences in history.
Olivier5
 
  2  
Reply Wed 3 Apr, 2019 12:36 pm
@maxdancona,
That's a detail you sized upon to deflect attention from the fact that you wrote something unquestionably false.
maxdancona
 
  0  
Reply Wed 3 Apr, 2019 12:39 pm
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:

That's a detail you sized upon to deflect attention from the fact that you wrote something unquestionably false.


What are you talking about? What did I write that was "unquestionably" false (is this another ridiculous hyperbole)?

Olivier5
 
  2  
Reply Wed 3 Apr, 2019 12:49 pm
@maxdancona,
Your statement which I corrected was:

Quote:
In 2016 the Democrats won (i.e. the people in the middle decided they were more intolerably extreme).


This just never happened, period. Lay off the attitude, will you?
oralloy
 
  1  
Reply Wed 3 Apr, 2019 01:00 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:
izzythepush wrote:
maxdancona wrote:
The Conservative Edgarblythe (explaining her vote for Trump in 2016) wrote:

You're a real slimy git, learn that one off your pal Oralloy?

Well, it's my fault for un-ignoring him. A mistake I will make no more.

I think referring to you as "her" was an editing accident. Max changed "him" to "her" in the quote in order to make it refer to Hillary in 2016.

I don't think he intended to give offense.

I'm unsure what I have to do with any of this. I don't recall ever referring to anyone by the wrong gender.

By the way, I'm getting bored with the political threads. I might take a few days to a few weeks off from following them. So if anyone wonders at my absence, that will probably be the reason.
0 Replies
 
maxdancona
 
  -1  
Reply Wed 3 Apr, 2019 01:27 pm
@Olivier5,
What I said happened is what happened.... and your use of the word "unquestionable" for something you are questioning is funny. Trump was very unpopular. Hillary was also very unpopular. There are lots of people who voted for Trump in spite of the fact that they didn't like him, and lots of us who disliked Hillary and still voted for her. Many Americans were quite unhappy with either choice. It is "unquestionable" (as you say) that Trump ended up winning.

My "attitude" is toward the partisan extremism on both sides. That is the topic of this thread which uses the word "bonkers".

I am curious, Olivier; What is your interest in defending partisan extremism in the United States?

RABEL222
 
  3  
Reply Wed 3 Apr, 2019 02:04 pm
@maxdancona,
If Biden had pinned her on a bed and tried to undress her as kavanaugh did than I think fox would have something to go with. But putting his hands oh a friends shoulder and kissing the back of her head. Not so much.
cicerone imposter
 
  2  
Reply Wed 3 Apr, 2019 02:35 pm
@RABEL222,
It seems people now make mountains out of molehills for politics. It's tiresome and ridiculous in what this country has become.
0 Replies
 
Olivier5
 
  1  
Reply Wed 3 Apr, 2019 02:42 pm
@maxdancona,
I'm curious Max: why are so defensive? I'm not your enemy, just correcting one of your posts. Being factually incorrect happens to the best of us.
maxdancona
 
  1  
Reply Wed 3 Apr, 2019 03:41 pm
@Olivier5,
Nonsense Olivier, you were piling on. You didn't correct anything in my posts.You just jumped into the ideological mob.

This thread is now quite onesided (except for me). Not that I mind it, but I am not surprised I appear defensive being the only person outside of the ideological bubble.
mystikmind
 
  1  
Reply Wed 3 Apr, 2019 04:22 pm
@Olivier5,
Olivier - your dreaming! The world of politics is where facts come to die - on ALL sides.
Jewels Vern
 
  0  
Reply Wed 3 Apr, 2019 08:20 pm
It's religious. The whole country is possessed by a spirit of crazy stupid.
mystikmind
 
  1  
Reply Wed 3 Apr, 2019 08:27 pm
@Jewels Vern,
"The whole country is possessed by a spirit of crazy stupid."

I saw that documentary;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clYwX8Z43zg
0 Replies
 
Olivier5
 
  0  
Reply Wed 3 Apr, 2019 11:32 pm
@maxdancona,
Paranoid people are notoriously hard to reach out to, so... have fun in your own bubble.
Olivier5
 
  0  
Reply Wed 3 Apr, 2019 11:36 pm
@mystikmind,
mystikmind wrote:

Olivier - your dreaming! The world of politics is where facts come to die - on ALL sides.

That's a good one.
0 Replies
 
hathutrang
 
  -1  
Reply Thu 4 Apr, 2019 04:59 am
@edgarblythe,
yep! thank you
0 Replies
 
 

Related Topics

 
Copyright © 2019 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 11/13/2019 at 03:15:04