New Dr Who

material girl

Reply Mon 23 May, 2005 04:11 am
Ecclestons not a conventionally handsome man but sometimes he looks so dam tasty.Aparently Rose and him are gona dance in the next episode.Im seething with jealousy already!!
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Mon 20 Jun, 2005 03:14 am
Its all over.A FABULOUS series.
My baby is no longer on TV.
Rose and the Doc kissed tho it was more a necessity than a longing so Im not to jealous.

Is it wrong to be happy to know Christopher Eccleston is single?It would make it easier to stalk him.
0 Replies

Tarah

Reply Mon 20 Jun, 2005 08:50 am
Hey, material girl, you've really got it bad!
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Mon 20 Jun, 2005 08:53 am
I know.Im trying to ween myself off him but he has so many qualities(without ever actually meeting him).
Im sure il like someone else next week.
0 Replies

Tarah

Reply Mon 20 Jun, 2005 08:57 am
I know we have to give this new Doctor some time to settle in, but I wasn't impressed with his teeth!
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Mon 20 Jun, 2005 09:05 am
Noooo, not a fan of David Tennant althought you are right, we need ot give him a chance.
It said at the end of the last episode that Dr Who will return in a Christmas edition.

Tennant didnt appeal to me enough to even watch Casanova.
Tho I did buy a copy of Elizabeth at the weekend coz I realised Christopher was in it!!

Ive seen him on countless TV things before but he's never made such an impression on me as he has in Dr Who!!!!
0 Replies

Tarah

Reply Mon 20 Jun, 2005 12:16 pm
I hadn't seen Chris Eccleston in anything before Dr Who but there again, I've not seen David Tennant either.

I'm looking forward to continuing this conversation with you after the first Dr Who of the new series is screened.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Tue 21 Jun, 2005 02:47 am
Look on IMDB and type in the actors names.Itl come up with everything they have been in.

Ok, keep it in mind, wont be for a few months tho.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Mon 27 Jun, 2005 05:05 am
If anyone is interested ive just seen that the full box set Eccleston/Piper series of Doctor Who will be available 21st Of October.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Wed 29 Jun, 2005 05:57 pm
material girl wrote:
Noooo, not a fan of David Tennant althought you are right, we need ot give him a chance.
It said at the end of the last episode that Dr Who will return in a Christmas edition.

We just watched the last episode of the good Doctor on CBC in Canada last night. The regeneration scene was different than fans have been used to in the past.

For some reason, David Tennant reminds me of Peter Davison's Doctor Who persona. Kinda perky, I guess.

We'll see later this year how he fairs against previous incarnations.

I thought John Barrowman as Captain Jack was a good addition to the show. I guess he's finished now though.

For Canadian viewers:
Series Two starts off at Christmas and continues into 2006, as you can read HERE.

The BBC have already announced that they are commissioning a 3rd season for 2007. Very Happy
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Thu 30 Jun, 2005 02:05 am
Yep, even now we are getting adverts for the countdown to the Christmas episode.

Jack was added as a balance for the Doctor.The Doctors very anti violence so they needed a character like him.
Jack is still alive, didnt yuo see him come back to life when Rose was being all ethereal.Then they left in the TARDIS and as it was leaving Jack turned up, so he is stranded there which is a nice link to continueing the new series.A new Doctor but still keeping old characters for the time being.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Thu 30 Jun, 2005 08:06 am
material girl wrote:
Jack is still alive, didnt yuo see him come back to life when Rose was being all ethereal.Then they left in the TARDIS and as it was leaving Jack turned up, so he is stranded there which is a nice link to continueing the new series.

Yes, I saw that, but I got the impression that he would not be in the new series. Of course, I'm going by what I've seen in previous shows with different Doctors. I have seen the entire series from the start.

For the new upcoming series, I hope to see him do more off-earth travels with a variety of companions. And, enough with the Daleks already. I would hope that they would find a way to write The Master back into the show. I'd also like to see the Cybermen.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2005 05:19 am
Yeah, I reckon all the changes will come in the next series.Billie Piper isnt sure if she is staying so a new companion is needed.
I couldnt work out if all the Daleks were destroyed at the end.They cant get rid of them forever!!Im sure they will bring in the Cybermen at some point.
Whose The Master??

I think Jack must be in the next series at some point, maybe for a couple of episodes to tie up lose ends.
Why would they show him alive and stranded on the Dalek ship if they werent gona go back and save him.
Maybe Jack will be rescued then leave the show, then a new companion will be introduced and Rose will go mid series.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Fri 1 Jul, 2005 12:38 pm
material girl wrote:
Whose The Master??

Check my post earlier in this thread for pics HERE.
0 Replies