New Dr Who

Reply Mon 25 Apr, 2005 10:02 am
Is anybody watching the new Dr Who with Christopher Eccleston?

Ive seen a couple of episodes and love it despite never being a big fan.

Ecclestons portrayal of the Doctor reminds me of Sylvestor McCoys interpretation.
It uses a combination of modern day special effects with the good old 'people dressed up as aliens' routine.

What do you think?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,783 • Replies: 33
No top replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 25 Apr, 2005 11:24 am
Never saw it, although i can tell you i'm interested right away. Which broadcast company is doing it?

Mind you, if they have anyone like Leela, you can sign me up . . .

http://wheelinspace.com/images/Companions/Leela.jpg
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Mon 25 Apr, 2005 06:27 pm
It's on the BBC America cable channel:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Mon 25 Apr, 2005 07:52 pm
http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1227476#1227476

I've always been a fan. I like the new series.

In Canada, the CBC is picking it up. They are partnering with the BBC on this.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Tue 26 Apr, 2005 01:51 am
Billie Piper plays the new assistant.She used to be a singer over here in her teen years and is good at acting in Dr Who.
Cant say she wears tight animal skin outfits but she's appealing to many people.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Wed 27 Apr, 2005 02:20 am
I can remember years ago hearing that there were only meant to be 13 reincarnations of the doctor.
I think Eccleston is number 10.Does anybody else remember this?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 27 Apr, 2005 02:26 am
Well, Billie Piper was a meaningless name to me, so i had to google it . . .

http://www.famomix.com/fotos_famosas/famosas_desnudas_ae/billie_pipper/BPiper006.jpg

I guess she'll do . . .
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Wed 27 Apr, 2005 03:07 am
Hmm, I reckon her head looks a bit big for that body, may be superimposed.Dont ever recall seeing a photo session of her like that.But the head is definately hers.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Wed 27 Apr, 2005 07:22 am
Re: New Dr Who
material girl wrote:
Ecclestons portrayal of the Doctor reminds me of Sylvestor McCoys interpretation.

I don't agree. He's more along the line of Tom Baker - especially with his humour and mugging.

Don't fall in love with him though. He's already said that he's quitting after the first series is finished.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Wed 27 Apr, 2005 07:28 am
I had to check to see if id aired my infatuation with Eccleston and I havnt.How did you know I have the hots for him!!!!
Id seen him in loads of things before but Ive only just noticed him.He says such nice things to Rose eg, Im glad I met you, I could save the world but lose you.
I dont fancy the next Dr.

Yeah, Tom Baker would have been the next similar dr after SM.
0 Replies

Tarah

Reply Fri 20 May, 2005 06:21 pm
This is the first Dr Who I've watched since John Pertwee. I thought it used to be more in the future but I love the way it focuses on Rose's life. This week when she saved her father was terrific.

I'll be sorry to lose Chris Eccleston and have been pleasantly surprised by Billie Piper.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Fri 20 May, 2005 08:22 pm
Tarah wrote:
This is the first Dr Who I've watched since John Pertwee. I thought it used to be more in the future but I love the way it focuses on Rose's life. This week when she saved her father was terrific.

I'll be sorry to lose Chris Eccleston and have been pleasantly surprised by Billie Piper.

Oooh, when you mention Pertwee you're showing your age, Tara! Laughing

I think each Doctor brought something a bit different to the role, all adding to the personna. I like it when they refer to past lives and connect the facts to current ones.

I'm a bit concerned with the new series that they seemed to have killed off all the other Time Lords, and Daleks. I think this line will limit the show. Who can forget the characters that have played "The Master"? I will miss him if they don't bring him back.

http://www.kasterborus.com/tardis/baddies/master/master13.jpg

http://www.kasterborus.com/tardis/baddies/master/master2.jpg
0 Replies

goodfielder

Reply Sat 21 May, 2005 05:42 am
Just seen the first episode shown in Australia. It looks terrific. The production values, the acting, the script, the everything is excellent.

I saw the first episode when I was a kid living in London. Yes, showing my age indeed Very Happy
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 21 May, 2005 05:58 am
Heres a show that Ill never be acused of watching. What were those robots that looked like upside down ice cream cones?
0 Replies

goodfielder

Reply Sat 21 May, 2005 06:03 am
farmerman wrote:
Heres a show that Ill never be acused of watching. What were those robots that looked like upside down ice cream cones?

*gasp* you can't possibly mean the Daleks??? Very Happy
0 Replies

goodfielder

Reply Sat 21 May, 2005 06:10 am
Re The Master. Sadly Roger Delgado was killed in a v/a in Turkey in 1973, I think he was perfect in the role.
0 Replies

Tarah

Reply Sat 21 May, 2005 07:27 am
Reyn, it's lucky I didn't follow my first instinct and say William Hartnell.:wink:

I've not seen Dr Who for so many years the Time Lords have passed me by. Who were they?

And Farmerman, how could you say that about the Daleks. Have you no soul?
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sat 21 May, 2005 08:38 am
Tarah wrote:
I've not seen Dr Who for so many years the Time Lords have passed me by. Who were they?

The Doctor is a Time Lord. Time Lords were from the planet Galifrey. They were the keepers of time.

We got to see a lot of them in earlier incarnations of Doctor Who. You would have missed that, so I won't go into a lot of detail.

Now, we're told that the Time Lords have been wiped out in a great war against the Daleks. The Doctor is last Time Lord left.

I don't think I like that scenario. Sad
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Mon 23 May, 2005 02:01 am
It would be nice ot know more about the other TimeLords and if he had a family on his planet.
Id like to know how they are gona bring the Daleks back what ith that soppy episode where it seemed there was only 1 left.Im sure it was a bluff.

I loved last weeks episode,Rose seeing an aerial view of bombs and planes, hanging over WWII London!!
0 Replies

Tarah

Reply Mon 23 May, 2005 04:03 am
I've read that Billie Piper is going to leave too. She's going to be in three or so episodes of the new series, that's all.

She and Chris Ecclestone made such a good partnership that I hope the standard continues to be as high once they've both gone.
0 Replies